Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Ra hoo, ra hoo, ra hoo... :D

Too much flickin' & tippin' ??? :confused:

Someone translate that for me? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Some poor wides from both sides. The Dubs are the better side here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What in the hell are Cork doing from their puck outs? Dreadful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Dublin playing like Kilkenny!
    Sometings up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Donal55 wrote: »
    Dublin playing like Kilkenny!
    Sometings up.

Dublin hurling in a nutshell , one week terrible the next week great , it used to drive Anthony daly mad , dublin should be further ahead

Maybe Cunningham should sell his players down the river more often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Didn't see this coming from the dubs. Not sure how bad Cork are though.

Edit:goal for the rebels

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Ref under a lot of pressure to give frees. Crowd complaining about everything.

Brilliant point to finish the half.

• Advertisement

Cork's full back line is woeful.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Missed that challenge that warranted the red... No replay either?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Shambles of a second yellow. Hope it doesn't cost yee the game. Yee thoroughly deserve to get the victory.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Missed that challenge that warranted the red... No replay either?

Harsh red for Crummy. Dont deserve to be down to 14.

Nonsense yellow. What is it about Crummey and this ground.

Pa Horgan had a bet on Dublin before the match.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

corny wrote: »
    Nonsense yellow. What is it about Crummey and this ground.

he should have known better on a yellow to risk another easy yellow like that

Jesus, I did NOT see that win coming, or in that fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Only caught the last 15 mins.

Were we that good all game or were Cork that bad? Or a bit of both?

Good confidence boost after last week. Great stuff. *I always knew Cunningham would turn things around.

*lol

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »

Good confidence boost after last week. Great stuff. *I always knew Cunningham would turn things around.

*lol

Took off midway first half. Always seemed to have the extra gear, although Cork back line were terrible and Horgan couldn't hit a barn door from 60 yards.

Huge win. Don't think many Dubs would have predicted a performance like that after last week's showing.

*lol

Bit of both.

Dublin much improved from last week. Much more direct style worked well.

Cork were woeful, no idea how they managed to beat clare. Horgan was just terrible. Full back line is a nightmare waiting to happen. Still hard to know were both teams are at. No consistency.

2 weeks time will be interesting.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

*lol

First half both teams had 15 minutes of domination

Second half, Dublin had some serious fight in them. Cork back line all over the shop.

Some dubs need to be getting the ball from ground to hand much faster.

*lol

A bit of both. Some Cork heads were obviously in the wrong place but we played well to expose them. Work rate was the best i've seen it with Dublin under Cunningham.

O'Donnell, O'Callaghan, Rushe, Crummey and Barrett. We've the making of a super defence. Eoghan O'Donnell gave a masterclass this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

final score anyone..??

• Advertisement

washman3 wrote: »
    final score anyone..??

1 14 to 2 19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Didn't see that coming to be honest. Although bounce back against Galway last year after similar hammering by Tipp did cross my mind.

Excellent performance. Saw what the younger fellas are capable of and will do their confidence a massive boost. Rushie was key to it though. Don't think he was beaten for a ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,964 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Many on here making the trip to Tralee for the game in March?

I would be normally.
    But my brother and his English father-in-law were supposed to going to the rugby.
    I managed to get tickets for this side of the water booked ages ago, thought England v Ireland would be great (I am a very casual rugby fan but even I knew it had potential).

Now it turns out the two over in England could not get tickets and won't be coming over.:eek:

Knowing what they like in D4 land I will be lucky to watch any of the Kerry game on telly after the oval game is over :mad:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,964 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

corny wrote: »
    A bit of both. Some Cork heads were obviously in the wrong place but we played well to expose them. Work rate was the best i've seen it with Dublin under Cunningham.

O'Donnell, O'Callaghan, Rushe, Crummey and Barrett. We've the making of a super defence. Eoghan O'Donnell gave a masterclass this evening.

I am in shock to be honest, I checked a few websites just in case it was not a misprint.

Even if it was in Parnell Park I would be surprised.

But to win down there is some win. I had given up hope for the Dublin hurlers after the Tipp game. I thought they were going to get more of the same.

Maybe Cunningham reads this thread and it motivated him and the team? ;)

Pasted on the dressing room wall

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

We are his Svengalis!

• Advertisement

I'm not getting too carried away by this rather unexpected, but very welcome emphatic victory. (Just as I didn't get too carried away by the pasting by Tipp last week.) I mean let's face it...Cork were muck in last years league and champo. (As were we, before any langers call for my head.)

There is only so much that we can read into this win. Just as there is only so much we can read into last weeks showing against Tipp. They are the All Ireland champions. Handing out hammerings is what they do. It doesn't automatically mean that our year is going to be a failure, just because we were first on their list.

So overall, I'm not going to get too high or too low....coz let's face it, we are so bloody inconsistant, there is every possibility that we'll ship a 8/10 pt pasting on our next day out...followed by another 8/10 pt win, the week after that. It'd wreak yer head ! :rolleyes:

*lol

in one word good, not impressive missed a huge amount of chances early on to really put cork away

however the age profile of the team tonight , with all the cuala lads unavailable , with the pressure on cunningham this was a fantastic win , to sum it up it was an arms length win of about 6 points , thats about as close cork would come before dublin would pull away

the cork supporters have chastised kingston for his short game,last week they were more direct against us but we didnt have the same physical levels that dublin had tonight in midfield or in the half back line , they had no choice to go short because the likes of meade and kingston for cork were too light

eir sports did a half an hour preview before the throw in , in which dublin hurling was given its last rights , given how good cork looked last week and how bad dublin were , the mild wether seems to have gone to peoples heads at the moment with everyone thinking its mid august and not mid febuary :rolleyes:

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I'm not getting too carried away by this rather unexpected, but very welcome emphatic victory. (Just as I didn't get too carried away by the pasting by Tipp last week.) I mean let's face it...Cork were muck in last years league and champo. (As were we, before any langers call for my head.)

There is only so much that we can read into this win. Just as there is only so much we can read into last weeks showing against Tipp. They are the All Ireland champions. Handing out hammerings is what they do. It doesn't automatically mean that our year is going to be a failure, just because we were first on their list.

So overall, I'm not going to get too high or too low....coz let's face it, we are so bloody inconsistant, there is every possibility that we'll ship a 8/10 pt pasting on our next day out...followed by another 8/10 pt win, the week after that. It'd wreak yer head ! :rolleyes:

dublin were like 9/2 to win tonight , think its time they were given a little more respect in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Kitsunegari

dublin were like 9/2 to win tonight , think its time they were given a little more respect in fairness

Was shocked at how reactive the bookies were after Cork beating Clare. Dublin we're 11/2 in Boylesports on Thursday. Crazy.

Was shocked at how reactive the bookies were after Cork beating Clare. Dublin we're 11/2 in Boylesports on Thursday. Crazy.

but i still think there are people in some quarters that are waiting for dublin to go away back down to the level of where westmeath and laois are at the moment and where they were back in the early 00's , they dont ever get any sort of credit in my opinion , the preview to the game tonight on setanta or eir or whatever is laughable looking back at it now ,

Some clown on Cork forum describing Dublin as "manufactured hurlers."

And thus more likely to beat them than the "purist" counties.

Now, if that is supposed to make sense, god help us....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Great win for the dubs last night.it'll do their confidence the world of good.Really impressed with eoghan o donnell I remember watching him marking larkin last year in portaloise and I knew he was a good one but the size of him last night my god.I know if we had someome like him full back we'd very happy

Bonniedog wrote: »

Was it MayonnaiseIsMagiq :pac:

Because that statement makes perfect sense.

Bonniedog wrote: »

All of our hurlers are manufactured in an AIG sponsored lab, off the Long Mile Road. The traditional counties just magically find them, under cabbage patches, dropped there by the Whristy Fairy. Did you not know that?

I have long since made my peace with the fact that we'll get zero respect from certain quarters, in certain counties, no matter what we do. The lab We could unearth out some incredible hurlers that are a cross between Christy Ring, DJ Carey and Joe Canning, but they will still only be manufactured gym monkeys to some.

Gas thing is, football fans in Cork are very quick to take offense, when Kerry get in the digs about the Cork team being full of nothing but fine, big, strong, strapping lads....while Kerry have all the natural footballers. You couldn't make it up ! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

That post wasn't a Cork supporters POV in fairness

• Advertisement

When it's Cork v Dublin, fairness doesn't come into it. :D

(Oh alright then so....fair enough....grumble, grumble, grumble.....)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

U21's will start the ball rolling next Wednesday against Westmeath (who beat Meath tonight), nearly sure it's down in Mullingar

Stop what yiz are doing RIGHT NOW !

Barney Rock is on Laochra Gael anois.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Stop what yiz are doing RIGHT NOW !

Barney Rock is on Laochra Gael anois.

the old tyrone power flag made an appearance:D

He had no idea what Brian Mullen was getting up to in the tunnel, at half time of the '83 AI final.

He was in the dressing room "making a cup of tea". ROFL !!! :D:D:D

John Horan of Na Fianna becomes President of GAA.

John Horan elected new Prez of the GAA

I expect outrage from Mayo men all over the world, especially in Mayo.

I'm from Glasnevin too. :D

That makes you all my bitches, right?

Lets make Mexico, sorry Mayo, build that wall.

• Advertisement

I'd settle for just getting the Berliner fixed first. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement