Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I'm from Glasnevin too. :D

That makes you all my bitches, right?

Na Fianna 2017:

Cluxton, McMahon, Beckenbauer, Tomas Ó Sé, Jimmy McCarthy, Kevin Moran, the ref, the ref, Fenton, Lionel Messi, Connolly, Gooch, the ref, linesman, CCCC

Noooooo!

Slattsy wrote: »
    John Horan elected new Prez of the GAA

I expect outrage from Mayo men all over the world, especially in Mayo.

You really are overly obsessed with Mayo Slattsy, we'll take it as a compliment.;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Na Fianna 2017:

Cluxton, McMahon, Beckenbauer, Tomas Ó Sé, Jimmy McCarthy, Kevin Moran, the ref, the ref, Fenton, Lionel Messi, Connolly, Gooch, the ref, linesman, CCCC..........Robbie Keane, Des Cahill, Ronan O'Gara, Roger Federer Lee Keegan (only a matter of time, you know it, we know it, he knows it, his agent knows it) Dermo's DRA judges, the Regency hotel waiters who served them all tea and biscuits at 2am, Paul Galvin, all the future Brogans, David Gough, the two 6 ft 3 barmen from The Tolka House, Aidan O'Shea's stylist, Aidan O'Shea's hair dresser, Aidan O'Shea's make up artist, Aidan O'Shea's personal spray tanner, Aidan O'Shea's waxing technican, Dermot Bannon, Claudio Rainieri, Austin Gleeson, the mad Mammy from Crystal Swing, all 42 of the recent Donegal retirees (except Neil Gallagher) Donal Og, and Dustin the Turkey.

And that's just their bench. :P

C5gllN_XQAEJb59.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Good convincing win today by Cuala. Should be a humdinger against Ballyhea in a few weeks.

• Advertisement

Cuala Buala ! :D

Safe travels to all who made The Great Trek North. Home sick wit de scurvey flu. Missing my first away game in 5 years. Gutted !

Cuala Buala ! :D

Safe travels to all who made The Great Trek North. Home sick wit de scurvey flu. Missing my first away game in 5 years. Gutted !

Back slider. Bow your head....

Oh, if you REALLY want to know all the gory details of what direction I have been bowing my head in of late, I'll tell you. But don't say you weren't warned. :o

Really gutted to be missing this. Excited to see how Scully gets on, in the Donegal bear pit. Gavin has often referred to the draw we eeked out in Ballybofey back in 2013, as being a pivotal game in the genesis of his teams success. We usually stay over for a few days afterwards too. It's deadly exploring that part of the world....real Lord of The Rings vibe to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

O It's deadly exploring that part of the world....real Lord of The Rings vibe to it.

Must be all the orcs up there

Is that a BEER KEG propping open the door of the Donegal dressing room? :eek:

ROTFL !!!

What's propping open ours....Sam? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ok Niall Scully. Justify my first goalscorer love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

My mate loves this ref and took to twitter last year.... Ref's Daughter was replying back protecting Daddy..Anyway the pitch is in a right jock...

That_Guy wrote: »
    Ok Niall Scully. Justify my first goalscorer love.

First goal scorer, first?

Good luck with that.

I'd settle for not losing the will to live, watching this shyte. :rolleyes:

First goal scorer, first?

Good luck with that.

I'd settle for not losing the will to live, watching this shyte. :rolleyes:

Believe pal. Believe. ;)

Bloody hell. OUt of nowhere.

two goals out of nothing...was only telling a mate they have everyone behind the ball:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

God, we should be 5-10 points up, then we concede 2 stupid goals. Awful defending.

Uh oh !

What is this....Dublin v Kerry all over again? :confused::confused::confused:

Dean Rock having a mare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

It's like deja vu, all over again.

• Advertisement

Dean Rock having a mare.

Is he kicking into a strong wind? It's hard to tell, from the tellybox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

3 awful goals given away now in the past two games.

Is he kicking into a strong wind? It's hard to tell, from the tellybox.

Doesn't look like it. Pitch is cutting up yes but he's getting nothing on his kicks.

Need a serious kick in the hole.

Dublin with the wind in the second half. I hope they come flying out of the blocks and stop doing an Arsenal in trying to walk the ball into the back of the net.

Donal55 wrote: »
    Dublin with the wind in the second half. I hope they come flying out of the blocks and stop doing an Arsenal in trying to walk the ball into the back of the net.

Noticed that too, we were passing on so many kicking opportunities. Our goal kicking was awful when we decided to have a go too though.

35% Possession and they got two goals out of nothing..Onwards to the second half..

CHx4YtR.png

TXs5l8h.png

Getting fairly ripped apart in midfield a la Tyrone. Worrying.

Getting fairly ripped apart in midfield a la Tyrone. Worrying.

Exactly. Half back and full back line seem unable to cope when forwards run straight down the middle at them.

Glare making it difficult to see.

• Advertisement

Of course Scully scores now. :pac:

BEE-YOOT-E-FULL Goal !!!! :D

In the words of the great Jim Gavin they're sticking to the process, but Jeez it's getting painful to watch now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Dublins main (perhaps only!) weakness rearing its head again there, Cluxton competing for a long ball.

Was just about to say that Jim Gavin doesn't look a happy camper on the sideline....but then I remembered that Jim Gavin, never looks a happy camper on the sideline, even when his lads are marching up the steps of the Hogan Stand to collect silverware....so I'll just shurrup so.

Soft as fúck free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Soft as fúck free.

Yeh if you were blowing up for that consistently there'd be a free every 20 secs

This ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Soft as fúck free.

I can't understand how that was a free

Blessed to get outta there with a point today. Could so easily have lost due to arsing around.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Worst last two minutes of refereeing I have ever seen.

• Advertisement

I know we got a soft free against Tyrone to level the game but jesus lads. Pathetic officiating.

Not the worst result in the world. Lots to work on - and to think about - for Jim Gavin. Can't really see us finishing in the top 2 & making another final...not with two draws on the trot. Oh well....

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Not the worst result in the world. Lots to work on - and to think about - for Jim Gavin. Can't really see us finishing in the top 2 & making another final...not with two draws on the trot. Oh well....

Kerry lost at home to Monaghan today so a draw today isn't the end of the world.

Lots of first team players not starting today. I thought a part from a minute of madness in the first half we dominated the game.

McMahon to O'Gara is definitely a tactic in the league this year and it hasn't really worked yet.

Fenton's record still in tact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Kavrocks wrote: »
    The referee got tired towards the end and started making mistakes that cost Dublin that game. It's also not the first time that has happened this year (talking about referees in general).

Thought the Dubs got 2 soft frees at the start of second half and yes, the last free was a brutal call alright.

Anybody know what the yellow card was early in the first half? Looked like donegal player had his hand planted in a "Carthy i think" face when he was on the ground.

Anybody know what the yellow card was early in the first half? Looked like donegal player had his hand planted in a "Carthy i think" face when he was on the ground.

The Donegal player had McHugh's face buried into the ground and yet when he pulled the man off him he got the yellow card!

The Donegal player had McHugh's face buried into the ground and yet when he pulled the man off him he got the yellow card!

Yeah, McHugh had blood dripping down his nose as well. A weird one alright.

McHugh was held down, punched in the face, had blood running from his nose and got a yellow!

No wonder he fkn looked puzzled. That ref should not be let near a fkn cluedo game. Not first time he has done us over either..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,964 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Blessed to get outta there with a point today. Could so easily have lost due to arsing around.:confused:

Ah Dublin were in second gear until Donegal got those two goals.

I think if Dublin really needed to win that game they would have.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

****ing hell, that's the softest free I've ever seen given.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement