Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Bambi wrote: »
    Sure they set philly mcmahon up a business delivering the food and all :D

Or you can get yer food from Kev Mc too don't forget !, then work it off in Phillys BK Fitness (Dublins Gym of the year) - could be talent spotted as Irelands next Arnie Swarzenegger and be represented by Bernard .. life is good ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

As expected a trouncing is what Kildare got lol I was in the coombe with my new little boy so I missed the game.

Congrats to Dublin a mighty team and best of luck in your future championship progress.

Kildare and Leinster football is toxic something has to change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I agree. Something different/else going on in Kildare though.

Had some great Kildare support near us yesterday.
    Two lads has some fairly toxic liquid in jam jars, hadn't see that in along time. Didn't dull their knowledge of the game though. But it did seem to help get them threw it. Stayed to the end too.

As expected a trouncing is what Kildare got lol I was in the coombe with my new little boy so I missed the game.

Congrats to Dublin a mighty team and best of luck in your future championship progress.

Congrats DK on the new arrival .. would you consider having the young lad fostered in Dublin we'll get football into him ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I have to disagree with this. No Leinster team is able to compete with Dublin and are quite a bit away from their skill level but to call them toxic is an insult. Every county player trains extremely hard and puts a lot of effort in. Weaker counties should be helped instead of having to listen to this and the derogatory comments of some pundits. Look at Kerry in hurling, they've made brilliant strides in the last few years and next year will be playing in the Leinster Qualifying group. A similar approach should be taken in football, in particular we should have a similar system with a Christy Ring type structure for the weaker counties.

This weekend I saw one of the most exciting second halves in a game I've seen in a long time. Westmeath's comeback was nothing short of sheer determination and a desire to win. It was a joy to watch. The atmosphere in Croke Park for it was amazing. It reminded me of when we won the Leinster Hurling Championship a few years ago.

We also saw Wexford, a team operating in Division 3 of the league next year, beat Down, a team operating in Division 1 of the league next year. This was a very good weekend for Leinster football and we should strive for more instead of putting teams down and belittling their efforts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Kildare and Meath are actually clearly getting worse though.

Dublin are pure class but are they better than they were in '13, say? I'd argue they're about the same level the last few years while Kildare have started sliding down the divisions.

None of the other counties in Leinster would get close to winning any of the other three provinces at the moment either.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

It really only hit home with me after his fantastic display yesterday - Ciaran Kilkenny is only not fully established within this team. On his day he can also pull the strings, be a fine distributor of the ball from one side of the field to the other - and also chip in with 3-4 points from play.

All of this - and he is only about to celebrate his 22nd birthday.

I look forward to seeing him for another 10 years in the jersey. Can be a phenomenal player at this rate well into the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Yeah seeing Kilkenny hit some awesome points yesterday makes you think if the outcome last September would have been different with him helping Flynn and Connolly with the long range point kicking versus Donegal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Past30Now

Yellows to Connolly and Kilkenny in particular were a joke. It's pure cop out refereeing and it actually became a bit of a shambles today, luckily the game was over and it won't mean much in the long run.

It annoyed me watching it live yesterday, and annoyed me even more when it didn't get so much as a mention on the Sunday Game last night.

Just watched the live match on the RTE player now and at least Marty and his colour commentator called the two yellow cards to Kilkenny and Connolly as wrong calls by the ref.

That issue aside, it was another good performance. I'm looking forward to the Leinster Final in a fortnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭dubdamo

Born in the coombe, I'm sure you're getting him a navy and sky blue kit😄

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

closeline wrote: »
    Lot of talk about Dublin and money. Obviously one area is coaches I presume Dublin has an enormous amount of coaches compared to other counties?

But where else is there advantages? I presume there is quite a few players employed as coaches.
    I once heard that Dublin players are provided with meals for the week. This is some advantage if true.

Obviously didn't get the response I was looking for haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I call bullsh*t on that one. Dublin players wouldn't be caught dead on the peasant transport. The County Board provide a full time driver I believe.

Oh no. Dubs are on plenty of peasant transport. :D

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3924/14252771738_ec525b7674_b.jpg

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Congrats DK on the new arrival .. would you consider having the young lad fostered in Dublin we'll get football into him ;)
    Ill get the football into him ;) training two underage teams now....

thanks btw jesus that dublin side are amazing. embarrassing seeing some of the ****e spewed by one kildare boards user in kildare forum last week. most of us respect each other no matter what.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    I have to disagree with this. No Leinster team is able to compete with Dublin and are quite a bit away from their skill level but to call them toxic is an insult. Every county player trains extremely hard and puts a lot of effort in. Weaker counties should be helped instead of having to listen to this and the derogatory comments of some pundits. Look at Kerry in hurling, they've made brilliant strides in the last few years and next year will be playing in the Leinster Qualifying group. A similar approach should be taken in football, in particular we should have a similar system with a Christy Ring type structure for the weaker counties.

This weekend I saw one of the most exciting second halves in a game I've seen in a long time. Westmeath's comeback was nothing short of sheer determination and a desire to win. It was a joy to watch. The atmosphere in Croke Park for it was amazing. It reminded me of when we won the Leinster Hurling Championship a few years ago.

We also saw Wexford, a team operating in Division 3 of the league next year, beat Down, a team operating in Division 1 of the league next year. This was a very good weekend for Leinster football and we should strive for more instead of putting teams down and belittling their efforts.
    Leinster championship in general is awful dublin are a shining light.. i would never belittle a county side but i question management and tactics etc

Ill get the football into him ;) training two underage teams now....

thanks btw jesus that dublin side are amazing. embarrassing seeing some of the ****e spewed by one kildare boards user in kildare forum last week. most of us respect each other no matter what.

Ah very good ... you can never truly replace the buzz of playing but coaching for me has been a great outlet.

When I take my mod hat off, I can tend to tune down my sensitivity radar when champo season comes round - I'd never fault someones passion for their county or the game itself - even if in some cases they're inherently wrong :o
    Leinster championship in general is awful dublin are a shining light.. i would never belittle a county side but i question management and tactics etc

I got no enjoyment watching a listless display from Kildare DK - how deep does the problem go ? ... this can't be just a clash of personalities can it ? .. I know the man on the ditch in Kildare was looking towards Glenn Ryan taking over - but there's many a time (personally speaking) when you've got to make the most of the cards yer dealt - (forget Dublin yesterday), my BIL is a lillie man represented them in the Juniors - he used to console himself that Kildare were a qualifier team - I haven't heard that from him the last while tho. All we can do is wish yiz the best of luck going forward .. someone needs to straighten the situation quickly

Ah very good ... you can never truly replace the buzz of playing but coaching for me has been a great outlet.

When I take my mod hat off, I can tend to tune down my sensitivity radar when champo season comes round - I'd never fault someones passion for their county or the game itself - even if in some cases they're inherently wrong :o

I got no enjoyment watching a listless display from Kildare DK - how deep does the problem go ? ... this can't be just a clash of personalities can it ? .. I know the man on the ditch in Kildare was looking towards Glenn Ryan taking over - but there's many a time (personally speaking) when you've got to make the most of the cards yer dealt - (forget Dublin yesterday), my BIL is a lillie man represented them in the Juniors - he used to console himself that Kildare were a qualifier team - I haven't heard that from him the last while tho. All we can do is wish yiz the best of luck going forward .. someone needs to straighten the situation quickly
    problems run deep politics etc

embarassing the way mcgeeney was treated imo fair enough we stagnated but something sly was happening with ryan taken on as a coach lol yeah right....

i still dont know why tom oconnor walked away but something stinks imo.

im as red blooded and passionate as they come but i personally believe the passion has gone its like the players dont believe in themselves. that dublin game was crushing i honestly feel this could be the beginning of a terrible few years for kildare. please god it will turn around but i have no faith in county board or jason ryan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

problems run deep politics etc

embarassing the way mcgeeney was treated imo fair enough we stagnated but something sly was happening with ryan taken on as a coach lol yeah right....

i still dont know why tom oconnor walked away but something stinks imo.

im as red blooded and passionate as they come but i personally believe the passion has gone its like the players dont believe in themselves. that dublin game was crushing i honestly feel this could be the beginning of a terrible few years for kildare. please god it will turn around but i have no faith in county board or jason ryan

Kildare are in the same position as the also rans in leinster. If Dublin were average, we'd all think meath, Kildare, westmeath, laois etc are great.

It's just unfortunate were coming up against the best leinster team ever. No point dropping the heads and giving up. I genuinely think the likes of us should treat the league as our main competition and the thing is that will actually improve us in the long run. Apart from that we can just knuckle down on the underage where we can actually compete. And pray Dublin come back down to earth and when they do we're ready.

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Kildare are in the same position as the also rans in leinster. If Dublin were average, we'd all think meath, Kildare, westmeath, laois etc are great.

It's just unfortunate were coming up against the best leinster team ever. No point dropping the heads and giving up. I genuinely think the likes of us should treat the league as our main competition and the thing is that will actually improve us in the long run. Apart from that we can just knuckle down on the underage where we can actually compete. And pray Dublin come back down to earth and when they do we're ready.
    fully agree this dublin team are awesome simply awesome.. kildare underage of late have been very good so heres hoping in a few years we will be strong enough to trouble the likes of dublin

fully agree this dublin team are awesome simply awesome.. kildare underage of late have been very good so heres hoping in a few years we will be strong enough to trouble the likes of dublin

Yeah Kildare definitely right up there underage and actually Longford have been good lately too.

The big thing for me though is u21. Kildare and Longford should be doing everything to funnel the best minor lads to the u21 team and try and keep them progressing. Getting them into football universities too. This is the area and age where the Dublin development programme really excells.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

RoyalCelt wrote:
    The big thing for me though is u21. Kildare and Longford should be doing everything to funnel the best minor lads to the u21 team and try and keep them progressing. Getting them into football universities too. This is the area and age where the Dublin development programme really excells.

Wasn't that McGill from rathoth at fullback for meath yesterday. I saw him a couple of times for the meath u21s he held Costello and Manion very well. Costello in particular. Yesterday he looked at sea, yet he was a super u21.

Stoner wrote: »
    Wasn't that McGill from rathoth at fullback for meath yesterday. I saw him a couple of times for the meath u21s he held Costello and Manion very well. Costello in particular. Yesterday he looked at sea, yet he was a super u21.

He was actually very good this year and had earned his place. That was his championship debut and it was a baptism of fire. He'll improve a lot because that performance didn't do him justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

CJA9GsQWsAAYM_o.jpg:large

Liam Rushe and Keaney back to more normal positions. Don't blame Cunningham for giving it a go but a failed experiment.

Good to see Boland starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

corny wrote: »
    CJA9GsQWsAAYM_o.jpg:large

Liam Rushe and Keaney back to more normal positions. Don't blame Cunningham for giving it a go but a failed experiment.

Good to see Boland starting.

Decent enough team on paper for ye. Areas of concern would be the full back position, half back line (excluding Rushe) and whether that midfield has enough gas in the tank to cover enough grass for a full game. Sutcliffe really needs to put in a big performance, he has not shown his 2013 form for some time and we all know he has it in him. Keaney was tried at full forward before and it didn't work, he's some man to catch a ball but lacks the quick bursts required for full forward. The two corner forwards might work well off him though as both like to sniff around for goals. Dillon & Boland deserved their starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

EICVD wrote: »

..... I knew this would arise :), I was at a club league game on Saturday when a lad who would've known my Ballymun connections "filled me in" on the goings on. This was a challenge game behind closed doors, so there's a huge degree of he said she said .. but what's not in contention is the severity of the injuries suffered by Davey.

As a Mod - please lads don't offer conjecture on this and let the incident take its own course - what we may or may not know on the incident shouldn't be brought into a public forum until any legal aspects are finalised. Ta

Oh Dublin won :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Hi all. Could anyone point me in the right direction. Im getting a signed dublin jersey framed and im looking to get a squad picture of the 2013 final team to include under the jersey. Im looking to get the best quality i can, possibly 7 x 5. Any pointers appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

..... I knew this would arise :), I was at a club league game on Saturday when a lad who would've known my Ballymun connections "filled me in" on the goings on. This was a challenge game behind closed doors, so there's a huge degree of he said she said .. but what's not in contention is the severity of the injuries suffered by Davey.

As a Mod - please lads don't offer conjecture on this and let the incident take its own course - what we may or may not know on the incident shouldn't be brought into a public forum until any legal aspects are finalised. Ta

Oh Dublin won :D

Fair enough DD, but jaysus you wouldn't be expecting it at any match; sounds like he was broke up. He'll be missed on Sunday - get well soon Davy!
    evosteo wrote: »
    Hi all. Could anyone point me in the right direction. Im getting a signed dublin jersey framed and im looking to get a squad picture of the 2013 final team to include under the jersey. Im looking to get the best quality i can, possibly 7 x 5. Any pointers appreciated.

http://inpho.ie/media/vEayAYqOCQzzavgKDpz5Fg..a?ts=py6kzyQzXU6pV8yrKuMZCQ..a

6x8 is €15 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Fair enough DD, but jaysus you wouldn't be expecting it at any match; sounds like he was broke up. He'll be missed on Sunday - get well soon Davy!

http://inpho.ie/media/vEayAYqOCQzzavgKDpz5Fg..a?ts=py6kzyQzXU6pV8yrKuMZCQ..a

6x8 is €15 :)

Legend thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

So Michael Carton leaves the hurling panel.

One of our best and most consistent performers over the last 5 years.

Treated terribly all year.

Surely after the weekend this management will be shown the door . Never in my life seen a more inept manager. But sure he talked with a country accent during his interview so had to get the job right.

TheNap wrote: »
    Do you know exactly what the reason was?
    From what I heard Ger Cunningham appeared to be quite accommodating with him all year?
    Surely after the weekend this management will be shown the door . Never in my life seen a more inept manager. But sure he talked with a country accent during his interview so had to get the job right.
    The loss to Galway was the fault of the management team alone but there's something else going on behind closed doors with that Dublin team. I think mentally they are very weak and don't seem to have much team spirit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Yes i do know the reason.

No he wasnt quite accomadating.

Yes i agree with your last point.

Care to enlighten us then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Any reason he couldn't have left announcing it until after the limerick game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

PM?

All that early season optimism seems to have vanished for the hurlers - I'd be of the same opinion that MC could've laboured thru til next week with his grievance .. for other than the fact he wouldn't have started Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

One of our best and most consistent performers over the last 5 years.

Your probably a shay boland fan are you just out of interest and belive should got job over Cunningham
    Correct me if I'm wrong just a guess

Terribly awful insult just about management accent
    is that the best you can do to say he is not up to it

I can name ten worse manager then cunningjham you want, with greatest respect just cause you don't have knowledge or simply want acknowledge such doesn't mean there are not there

Cunningjham of course be deserved be judged but year one in taking over Dublin team clearly past best not mileage and like dotsie Callaghan and Ryan dwyer others need be dropped and badly need shake up panel and trying play possession game not daly physics game takes time to work

Whether cunningjham is going to work time will tell but he's won all ireland cork was part average team got another all ll ireland final two years ago beat Dublin yes Dublin and coaches ucc and bsllygunner so he's record is good plus brought in outstanding ed coughlan ex mayo football coach fitness wise who worked professional team England

Now please enlighten me who you think should got the job? and I presume you wanted a home grown coach
    You were never fan cunningjham day one and that's your right but if he never won anything I'd say fair enough

This nonsense carton treated appalling all year sure if it's so true and you can stand by logic you put it open forum
    There's always players cut panel new fella comes in and carton your getting bit carried away has not been one of Dublin best player last five years

Good but he's been inconsistent

No suitable proven candidate in Dublin let's call spade spade for the job and even Liam rushe said prior announcement Dublin wanted a big big name

Your probably a shay boland fan are you just out of interest and belive should got job over Cunningham
    Correct me if I'm wrong just a guess

No suitable proven candidate in Dublin let's call spade spade for the job and even Liam rushe said prior announcement Dublin wanted a big big name

See this is the kicker TTM .. the senior players (Carton included) insisted on a big name appointment from outside the county ... to the point in fact that they didn't want Shay Boland as manager.

Cunningham has gotten an awful lot wrong this year tactically but look that's part and parcel of trying to stamp your own mark on the team - . Daly was quoted to have been too loyal to his players .. and probably under him Carton would've walked straight back into the team. There was a huge fkup playing Carton in the corner against Galway.. and he did seem to bear the brunt of the criticism.. maybe this aspect of player communication needs to be worked on by Ger ?

Cunningham has gotten an awful lot wrong this year tactically but look that's part and parcel of trying to stamp your own mark on the team - . Daly was quoted to have been too loyal to his players .. and probably under him Carton would've walked straight back into the team. There was a huge fkup playing Carton in the corner against Galway.. and he did seem to bear the brunt of the criticism.. maybe this aspect of player communication needs to be worked on by Ger ?
    Carton didn't play in the corner against Galway, he was full back. Paul Schutte played in the corner. It was his first game back after a brief injury and he was very slow and slipped numerous times which is what gave Cathal Mannion so much space and time to pick off his scores.

The Galway match was not the fault of any of the players and I was a little disappointed Cunningham didn't come out straight after the game and say 'he got it wrong, was to blame but the players fought back really well and a bit of luck with the penalties and we'd have been right back in it'.

Apologies yep Carton @ FB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Dublin Hurling is in a bit of a jock at the minute. We've lost Hiney to retirement, McCrabbe for work/family commitments (or that's the public line) and Carton who was clearly ticked off with being shafted at selection time. A failed experiment with Rushe in the forward line, abysmal tactics especially with the Galway replay and some bizarre selections/substitutions. I'll be there in Thurles but I won't be hopeful, it feels like the team has gone backwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Sell out expected for Sunday?

Slattsy wrote: »

Wouldn't say so ... heard the lakelanders are coming in their droves. .huge uptake on the tickets

Slattsy wrote: »
    80,000 people wanting to see Dublin hammer Westmeath? Nice joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Eugene McGee on the Sean O Rourke show discussing the injuries suffered by Davey Byrne in a behind the doors challenge game against Armagh.In total agreement with the sentiments of the discussion,how often do these allegedly unsavoury incidents have to happen before somebody shouts stop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

Dublin Hurling is in a bit of a jock at the minute. We've lost Hiney to retirement, McCrabbe for work/family commitments (or that's the public line) and Carton who was clearly ticked off with being shafted at selection time. A failed experiment with Rushe in the forward line, abysmal tactics especially with the Galway replay and some bizarre selections/substitutions. I'll be there in Thurles but I won't be hopeful, it feels like the team has gone backwards.

I wouldn't be that pessimistic, Hiney had lost his pace and retirement was coming. McCrabbe didn't exactly light up the Championship for Dublin last year when he came back, the game has moved on a lot in recent years and he didn't seem to have the physicality that was thrown at him last year. Losing Carton is unfortunate for Dublin hurling but the manager has to choose who he feels are his best 15. Maybe Cunningham wants to move away from Daly's old defensive build-up style and be more expansive? Who knows.

There are still lots of fine hurlers still on that team but I would agree that chopping and changing at this time of year is not wise. Limerick have been poor this year also and nowhere near where they were at last year so I'd say it's 50:50.

Dublin, like Limerick, and every other team in the country bar Kilkenny, lack consistency so you can have 1/2 yrs of struggle and then a year of more success.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

https://m.soundcloud.com/offtheball/wooly-presses-jim-gavin-on-davey-byrne-incident

Gavin would make a great politician :-)
    Awful what happened young Byrne I wish him a speedy recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

That's hilarious, we know Jim gives nothing away but he's taking the Mick there. Take a drink every time he says 'regrettable' or 'frank discussion'!

I'd love to see the footage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

Dublin have used 25 players in 2 Championship game.Appearances+Subs for 2015 Championship Game

Brogan, Bernard 2
    Cluxton, Stephen 2
    Connolly, Diarmuid 2
    Cooper, Jonny 2
    Fenton, Brian 2
    Flynn, Paul 2
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 2
    McCaffrey, Jack 2
    McMahon, Philip 2
    McManamon, Kevin 2
    Rock, Dean 2
    Small, John 2

Daly, Darren 1+1
    Macauley, Michael Darragh 1+1
    Bastick, Denis 1
    Byrne, David (Olafs) 1
    O’Carroll, Rory 1
    O’Sullivan, Cian 1
    Andrews, Paddy 0+2
    Brogan, Alan 0+2
    Fitzsimons, Michael 0+2

Brady, Tomas 0+1
    Lowndes, Eric 0+1
    McCarthy, James 0+1

O’Conghaile, Emmett 0+1

Dublin have scored 9-43 and conceded 0-24 in 2 Championship games. Scorers 2015 Championship Games

Brogan, Bernard 3-9
    Rock, Dean 2-10

Connolly, Diarmuid 3-3
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 0-7
    Flynn, Paul 1-3
    Brogan, Alan 0-3
    McMahon, Philip 0-2
    McManamon, Kevin 0-2
    Andrews, Paddy 0-1
    Brady, Tomas 0-1
    Fenton, Brian 0-1
    Lowndes, Eric 0-1

Dublin have used 35 players in 9 League games.Appearances+Subs for 2015 League Games

Cooper, Jonny 9
    McManamon, Kevin 9
    Rock, Dean 9
    McCaffrey, Jack 8+1
    Brady, Tomas 7+2
    Bastic, Denis 8
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 6+2
    McMahon, Philip 6+2
    O'Carroll, Rory 7
    Brogan, Bernard 5+2
    Small, John 5+2
    Costello, Cormac 3+4
    Fenton, Brian 3+4
    Cluxton, Stephen 6 (4 Clean Sheets. Conceded 3 Goals)
    Culligan, Eoin 6
    McCarthy, James 3+3
    O'Conghaile, Emmett 2+4
    Connolly, Diarmuid 5
    Flynn, Paul 4+1
    Daly, Darren 3+2
    O'Gara, Eoghan 3+2
    O'Sullivan, Cian 3+2
    Andrews, Paddy 1+4
    Fitzsimons, Michael 2+2
    Byrne, Davy (Ballymun) 1+3
    Currie, Sean 3 (2 Clean Sheets. Conceded 1 Goal)
    Carthy, Shane 2+1
    Macauley, Michael Darragh 2+1
    Byrne, David (Olafs) 1+2
    Devereux, Nicky 1+2
    Lowndes, Eric 1+2
    Reddin, Ciaran 0+2
    Deegan, Michael 0+1
    McHugh, Conor 0+1
    Ryan, Philip 0+1

Dublin have scored 8-131 and conceded 4-101 in 9 League games. Scorers 2015 League Games

Rock, Dean 1-52
    Brogan, Bernard 2-8
    McCaffrey, Jack 1-7
    Brady, Tomas 0-8
    McManamon, Kevin 0-8
    Connolly, Diarmuid 1-5
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 0-7
    Fenton, Brian 1-3
    Flynn, Paul 0-5
    McMahon, Philip 0-5
    Costello, Cormac 1-2
    O'Conghaile, Emmett 0-4
    O'Gara, Eoghan 0-4
    Bastic, Denis 1-1
    Andrews, Paddy 0-3
    Byrne, Davy (Ballymun) 0-2
    Carthy, Shane 0-2
    Cooper, Jonny 0-2
    Deegan, Michael 0-1
    Macauley, Michael Darragh 0-1
    Ryan, Philip 0-1

Dublin have used 34 players in 5 O'Byrne Cup games.Appearances+Subs for 2015 O'Byrne Cup

Brady, Tomas 5
    Culligan, Eoin 5
    Devereux, Nicky 5
    O'Conghaile, Emmett 5
    Rock, Dean 5
    Small, John 5
    Daly, Darren 5
    Fitzsimons, Michael 4+1
    Bastick, Denis 4
    O'Gara, Eoghan 4
    Hannigan, Graham 3+1
    Ryan, Philip 2+2
    Carthy, Shane 1+3
    Scully, Niall 0+4
    Costello, Cormac 3
    McManamon, Kevin 3
    Molloy, Lorcan 3 (1 Clean Sheet)
    Collins, Niall 2+1
    O'Carroll, Rory 2+1
    Cooper, Jonny 1+2
    Dawson, Harry 1+2
    Lowndes, Stuart 0+3
    Currie, Sean 2 (1 Clean Sheet)
    McCaffrey, Jack 1+1
    Dunleavy, Craig 1+1
    Deegan, Michael 0+2
    Kavanagh, Ian 0+2
    Macauley, Michael Darragh 0+2
    O'Higgins, Paddy 0+2
    McCarrick, Alan 0+1
    McGowan, Ross 0+1
    McGuire, Conor 0+1
    McLoughlin, Diarmuid 0+1
    McMahon, Philip 0+1

Dublin have scored 3-80 and conceded 3-43 in 5 O'Byrne Cup games. Scorers 2015 O'Byrne Cup Games

Rock, Dean 0-38
    O'Gara, Eoghan 2-7
    McManamon, Kevin 1-6
    Brady, Tomas 0-7
    O'Conghaile, Emmett 0-6
    Carthy, Shane 0-5
    Ryan, Philip 0-3
    Costello, Cormac 0-2
    Deegan, Michael 0-2
    Cooper, Jonny 0-1
    Culligan, Eoin 0-1
    McLoughlin, Diarmuid 0-1
    Scully, Niall 0-1

That's hilarious, we know Jim gives nothing away but he's taking the Mick there. Take a drink every time he says 'regrettable' or 'frank discussion'!

I'd love to see the footage.

Wow yeah .. that interview didn't sit easy with me

• Advertisement

Wow yeah .. that interview didn't sit easy with me
    Makes you wonder what really happened and why it's being kept so hush hush...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement