Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Joekers

First time to ever see us playing the mother's county so quite excited about it, be great craic in the house Sunday morning :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Joekers wrote: »
    First time to ever see us playing the mother's county so quite excited about it, be great craic in the house Sunday morning :pac::pac:

Make sure you get the dinner before you go to Croker doubt she'll be in the humour to make it when you get home :D

Stoner wrote: »
    One of many!!!

I've only seen them in highlights they look like a tight unit . I agree that it found be a close one alright.

Yeah I'm gonna head in both days hoping to see 2 decent contests out of the 4. I honestly don't know what to expect from Fermanagh if they're caught in the headlights it could get tough but I've a notion that Mcgrath has a strategy to get them into half time at least still breathing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Going both days too. Poor deal for the fans traveling to play a game at 6pm. But I got my free tickets.

Very little interest for Saturdays games. Or little interest in traveling anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Definitely going on both days. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am a GAA fan. :) There's big matches on, so that is a good reason to go. I would describe myself not so much as a Dublin GAA fan, but a GAA fan from Dublin. There is a difference. So I'll be going to both days this weekend, both next weekend, and about as many matches in Croke Park as possible from now up to the International rules match on the 21st of November.

My Dublin shirt will accompany me on all occasions. Usually good for a bit of craic on days that Dublin are not playing. Going into the drawn Kerry v Mayo game last year, a steward quipped that I was a week early and that normally we are 15 minutes late. :) When approaching the ground on other days and someone comments on me wearing my Dublin shirt I normally respond with something like "I have to see who we are going to beat in the final." :) I can also say that it proves that Dubs just don't go to Croke Park for a few match days during the summer, or only go to see Dublin.

Anyway, when Dublin are not playing, I am still a Dubliner, so no harm in wearing my colours. You frequently see shirts of non-competing counties on match days. So if you are a Dub going on Saturday, don't forget you Dublin shirt. :) Up the Dubs!!!

Flukey wrote: »
    Definitely going on both days. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am a GAA fan. :) There's big matches on, so that is a good reason to go. I would describe myself not so much as a Dublin GAA fan, but a GAA fan from Dublin. There is a difference. So I'll be going to both days this weekend, both next weekend, and about as many matches in Croke Park as possible from now up to the International rules match on the 21st of November.

My Dublin shirt will accompany me on all occasions. Usually good for a bit of craic on days that Dublin are not playing. Going into the drawn Kerry v Mayo game last year, a steward quipped that I was a week early and that normally we are 15 minutes late. :) When approaching the ground on other days and someone comments on me wearing my Dublin shirt I normally respond with something like "I have to see who we are going to beat in the final." :) I can also say that it proves that Dubs just don't go to Croke Park for a few match days during the summer, or only go to see Dublin.

Anyway, when Dublin are not playing, I am still a Dubliner, so no harm in wearing my colours. You frequently see shirts of non-competing counties on match days. So if you are a Dub going on Saturday, don't forget you Dublin shirt. :) Up the Dubs!!!

Yeah that's a good perspective to have - tho the sole Dublin jersey in a sea of the other competing teams screams nut job :D .. reminds me of the Offaly fan that you always see on The Hill or the "John 3:17" if we're taking things to the extreme ;)

I coach underage although they're heading to minor next year, we've recently come up with an initiative to get the club coaches together on a periodic basis to review coaching standards/drills and in play match day scenarios. My current homework revolves around the attacking threat against massed/blanket defences. I was down at BK/Na Fianna last week with my scribble pad and this week I'll be looking to Galway/Donegal and ourselves and Fermanagh for some ideas, I can't wait to get back and do me powerpoint presentation and most importantly use a laser pen pointer .. that'll be gift as we used to say :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'm heading in tomorrow too. I can actually enjoy the games and the buzz and excitement of the place, when I don't have that horrible "Oh God, what if it all goes pear shaped for us" lump of coal in the pit of my stomach feeling, when the Dubs are playing.

It's always interesting to see the other heavy hitters, in their first trip to Croker since the league, or see how the surprise teams react to being on the biggest stage of all. But, I never set much store by what I see in the 4th round qualifiers, or the quarter finals, in terms how teams will play if/when we meet them later on in the semi finals or finals. I've seen too many average performances at this time of year, that were light years removed from how counties were playing a month or two later, to judge the odds of their winning Sam, based on what I'll see this weekend.

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Yeah that's a good perspective to have - tho the sole Dublin jersey in a sea of the other competing teams screams nut job :D .. reminds me of the Offaly fan that you always see on The Hill or the "John 3:17" if we're taking things to the extreme ;)

Well come join me some day. It'll make me look only half as crazy and there's safety in numbers. Maybe a few others might come too. A gang of Dubs sitting in amongst the other supporters might make them feel like they are being spied on. :confused: There's always a pocket of the opposition on the Hill when we are playing, so we can repeat the dose in the stand with the added element that we aren't even playing. The shock of them seeing Dublin fans when the Dubs aren't playing will really scare them. :eek: It is nice to spread a bit of paranoia. :)

Well come join me some day. It'll make me look only half as crazy and there's safety in numbers. Maybe a few others might come too. A gang of Dubs sitting in amongst the other supporters might make them feel like they are being spied on. :confused: There's always a pocket of the opposition on the Hill when we are playing, so we can repeat the dose in the stand with the added element that we aren't even playing. The shock of them seeing Dublin fans when the Dubs aren't playing will really scare them. :eek: It is nice to spread a bit of paranoia. :)

LOL .. hiding in plain sight love it!! ... unlike the Donegal fella up the tree down in Killarney :pac:

• Advertisement

LOL .. hiding in plain sight love it!! ... unlike the Donegal fella up the tree down in Killarney :pac:

If we were hiding up a tree, it would be Oak Park. :) If there are going to be Dubs Boardsies at non-Dubs matches, we could meet up. It'd be easy to spot each other for one thing. :) On Dublin match days, I suppose we are mostly with our own friends before, during and after matches, but we'd be more in need of company on a non-Dubs day. Good to do post-match analysis on the prospective enemy too. :) Looks like there are a few of us going on Saturday: yourself, Stoner, ProdDub and me. I'll be the guy in the Dublin shirt in 334. :) Non-Dubs, subject to vetting, may be allowed to join us. To be on the safe side, we'll speak in Dublinese when talking tactics. :) If you're interested, say it here or PM each other.

'Scuse me ! I am 100% Catholic and I still have my Communion money to prove it. :D

ProudDUB wrote: »
    'Scuse me ! I am 100% Catholic and I still have my Communion money to prove it. :D

First round's on you so! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

One of my Donegal mates got premium tickets for tomorrow. Invited me along.
    Told him I'd rather watch paint dry.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I go watch Donegal in Croker if they ain't playing Dublin. A bitter day!

If we were hiding up a tree, it would be Oak Park. :) If there are going to be Dubs Boardsies at non-Dubs matches, we could meet up. It'd be easy to spot each other for one thing. :) On Dublin match days, I suppose we are mostly with our own friends before, during and after matches, but we'd be more in need of company on a non-Dubs day. Good to do post-match analysis on the prospective enemy too. :) Looks like there are a few of us going on Saturday: yourself, Stoner, ProdDub and me. I'll be the guy in the Dublin shirt in 334. :) Non-Dubs, subject to vetting, may be allowed to join us. To be on the safe side, we'll speak in Dublinese when talking tactics. :) If you're interested, say it here or PM each other.

I'm with the chungfellid tamarra, the BIL and his chungfellid in tow too - but we usually skiperoo over to the Hogan for a quick getaway so I might put me head into 334 on the way. We'll organise something proper for the AI Final :D
    Slattsy wrote: »

It'll be a cold day in hell before I go watch Donegal in Croker if they ain't playing Dublin. A bitter day!

Good man Slattsy .. like yer man Roy Walker used to say .. say what you see!! We're too wishy washy in this thread ... it's our back yard lets have more of that parochial attitude :pac: The Dubs are getting dissected elsewhere here for not being tested, still being overhyped and a flaky defence thats yet to be tested. It's time to fight back .. hold on a sec I'll get me balaclava ;)

I am sure you could head down to Woodies or somewhere like that and get a tin or two and a few brushes and some turpentine. Could be a wet day, so maybe do a few inside walls or doors or skirting.

It's a Donegal of a different era, but the Donegal v Galway quarter final in 2003 was one of the best games of football I saw in Croke Park, in that it was lovely, flowing football. Two positive teams playing a real open game. It was a joy to watch. This was the era of Tyrone and Armagh beginning what was eventually to become the blanket defence. It was the year of Pat Spillane's infamous "Puke football" comment, which came in the Tyrone v Kerry semi-final. That Donegal were a joy to watch. They played Dublin in the 2002 quarter final, which went to a replay. I got this bit of video at one of those matches:

While tomorrow's Donegal v Galway match won't be like that 2003 match, it is still worth going to, especially if you've been offered tickets.

• Advertisement

Turns out I do know a lad from Fermanagh. He actually actually serves me creamy pints of Guinness on a regular basis.

I thought he was from Monaghan. I was waaaaay off!

First round's on you so!

Can't. Going with some fambily friends from Schligo, who rarely come up to the Big Schmoke. They saw the One Million Dubliners documentary on the telly last night. They now want me to take them to Glasnevin Cemetery and the Gravediggers before the game. Not two places I have very happy memories of, for obvious reasons. So if you see someone in 331 crying into their match program, just before throw in, that's probably me. :(
    We're too wishy washy in this thread ... it's our back yard lets have more of that parochial attitude The Dubs are getting dissected elsewhere here for not being tested, still being overhyped and a flaky defence thats yet to be tested. It's time to fight back .. hold on a sec I'll get me balaclava

Now. Now. Be careful there. According to the Manual of Dub Hating, Volume 45, chapter 87, we can't ever big ourselves up, or talk down the opposition. Other counties can do it, but we can't. We are either being arrogant hype merchants or patronizing jackeens if we do. We can't win. :rolleyes:

So anywaaaaze.....team being announced @ 9 tonight do we think?

Now. Now. Be careful there. According to the Manual of Dub Hating, Volume 45, chapter 87, we can't ever big ourselves up, or talk down the opposition. Other counties can do it, but we can't. We are either being arrogant hype merchants or patronizing jackeens if we do. We can't win. :rolleyes:

So anywaaaaze.....team being announced @ 9 tonight do we think?

*sobs* .. I just wish they'd like us .. if only for a little while .. was thinking of dipping down to Aldi and getting a big box of lollipops to give out to the country kids on Sunday..

We should have the team around 9.15 I think ... if there was one change I'd like to see it would be Alan in for Dean Rock and Kilkenny moved into FF ... I also wouldn't mind seeing Kev Mc sitting it out for a while .. maybe Paddy Andrews starting .. so that's an inside 2 of BB and CK for me

I dont think KK would see enough of the ball at full forward. I prefer him coming that bit deeper and almost in that playmaker role. Great distribution, be wasted at FF imho.

I dont think KK would see enough of the ball at full forward. I prefer him coming that bit deeper and almost in that playmaker role. Great distribution, be wasted at FF imho.

Yeah I know what ya mean .. but we're really stuck for a physical presence around the square with O'Gara gone .. it's robbing Peter to pay Paul .. but I'd be quite confident Alan B could stitch the play togther as effectively as CK

• Advertisement

I can't see Gavin dropping both Kev Mc and Deano, this far into the summer. I can definitely see Alan starting though, probably in place of Kev Mc. He just hasn't set the world on fire as a starter so far. Still don't think Dean does enough from open play, but there is his accuracy from frees to consider.

I'll have a raspberry ripple lollypop if anyones offering...

66ff91e1239aeb4c90096c96d9e7ba55.png

No change to the last day same starting 15

I like a double lolly btw.

Lollies are for the kids .. what are yiz like !

Feck off. No they're not. I want one that has the chewing gum centre too. :P

Hafta say...fair play to Fenton. To go from nowhere, to champo starting midfielder, in just 6 months, is damm good going. Still good to know that we have Bastick on standby too, just in case.

Feck off. No they're not. I want one that has the chewing gum centre too. :P

Hafta say...fair play to Fenton. To go from no where, to champo starting midfielder, in 6 months, is damm good going. Still good to know that we have Bastick on standby too, just in case.

Did Mythbusters ever disprove that swallowing chewing gum would stick yer guts together ? ...

I was chatting to one of the lads last week and he was saying that they were aware of Fenton from last years U21's but that they were hugely impressed with his transition to the senior set up. Has been showing really well in training by all accounts... he didn't go into any great detail regards MDM but you know yerself he wouldn't need to be told he wasn't operating on full throttle. Got a good laugh comparing Bastic and Fennell with him (I think I got the notion from a post here) :D

I don't doubt they have been impressed with how he has just slotted right in. Very composed. You can't take that for granted with a newbie. Two years ago, Jack Mc, Kevin O'Brien, Mannion and Kilkenny all set the world on fire in the league and the early part of Leinster, but they kinda faded away as the summer went on & games got more intense. No sign of that with young Fenton. He looks like he's been playing there for years.

I went to a number of under 21 games last year. I never noticed Fenton as having such potential.

His blocking and work rate are great. He's jumped ahead of about four players
    We've yet to see how he would stand up against a Maher or Gallagher, never mind Moran though. I hope it doesn't come to early fir him though,but he has some engine. I wonder if he'd be good man marking a playmaker.

Thing Is MDMA has Mahers number imho. But Kerry's Moran has been improving all the time and is most likely the top midfielder in the country. We really need someone in there to get Bastic and MDMA over the line and free O'Sullivan up for 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Just wondering,looking in from the outside if any of you guys feel Kevin McManamon is more than a tad lucky to be starting?

I am not surprised Alan isn't starting. With all due respect to Fermanagh, I think they'll hold him for bigger days ahead. It is a match where there is still some room for experimentation. Alan and some others will likely get a run out during the game at some point. There is still a lot of competition for places.

• Advertisement

Im still concerned about Rock in the corner, I guess taking frees is his thing, having him in certainly lessens the potential impact of cluxton getting sent off or injured.

I was talking rubbish in anther thread and decided I better retreat. However I haven't asked the question here before, but I really see little difference in our approach this year. Not as much as everyone else does, it's the insightful thing to say, that Dublin are more defensive, but would we score more against Donegal now than we did last year? I'm not so sure

We hold the halfback line, two of them anyway better. That's it.
    We've added Fenton and he'll track back the way mdma did in 2010/11.
    Kilkenny has improved and looks the equal of the man either side of him, nobody else could manage that for 70 min anyway. He's also kicking it over the bar or wide rather than short, another good thing.
    Connelly looks sharper.
    Kevin McMac looks a shadow of himself, I think he's resigned to a subs role, hes just better coming off the bench imho he might be one of those players that reads the game from sideline better than on the field.
    McCarthy looks rested.
    Brennan is out.
    No O'Gara
    A Brogan looks ready.

Overall I dont see huge differences to last year. I think there is more certainty in the starting 15. There is a place for McMahon from the start, the whole back line is settled. Fitzsimons looks sharp too as a good option / cover on the back line.

I think in many ways there are suttle improvements. A more settled team. Cover at the back, halfback, midfield, half forward and inside line. In all those positions you'd nearly pick the sub.

No cover or option for B Brogan though. A Brogan is good cover at half forward.

Really looking at it , I'd be concerned about Kerry, Donegal,Mayo. I didn't select Monaghan purely because I think that physiologicaly we have an edge.

What do you think, have we changed much.

I am not surprised Alan isn't starting. With all due respect to Fermanagh, I think they'll hold him for bigger days ahead. It is a match where there is still some room for experimentation. Alan and some others will likely get a run out during the game at some point. There is still a lot of competition for places.

Disagree. I think that's as near our starting team for the rest of the year, as its likely to get. There is a possibility Alan will start in place of Kev Mc, Bastick could come in for Fenton or MDMA if they are struggling. Other than that, what else is going to change?

If we win on Sunday, we have a maximum of two more games to play. It may only be one. There is not a whole lot of time left to experiment, or to give lads a run out just for the heck of it. It's time to go balls deep with our best 15 and stick with it for the rest of the year. If that changes due to injuries, suspensions, or Jim Gavin switches things up a bit to account for tactical match ups of a specific opponent, that is fair enough. But it's too late in the year to be instigating change just for changes sake. If we don't know our optimum starting 15 by now, that worries me.

Stoner - your posts in the Mayo thread made a lot of sense. But there are cliches about Dublin, that people refuse to disbelieve. If we lose, its always because we believed in our own hype too much. It's never, ever because the other team were better on the day. I just don't even bother any more.

I'm not seeing a lot of change this year, other than greatly improved finishing in front of goal. We are giving the ball to the man in the better position, much more than we used too. At the back, I'm not seeing a ton of change either, maybe its because we haven't really faced an opponent yet who could punish any lack of discipline, or poor positioning there. Philly, Jamesy and Jack Flash seem just as prone as ever to go for a wander. Time will tell whether or not they'll feel as free to go walkabout against a Kerry/Mayo/Donegal, or whether they will stay at home and mind the house.

seligehgit wrote:
    Just wondering,looking in from the outside if any of you guys feel Kevin McManamon is more than a tad lucky to be starting?

He is imho seligehgit, he's better off the bench anyway , genuinely better it suit him and the team. We should call him Gunner

ProudDUB wrote:
    If we don't know our optimum starting 15 by now, that worries me.
    I think we do, more than last year. Less young lads now. The older lads took their places back earlier

McMahon
    McCarthy
    B Brogan
    Bastic

Cathy, Costello, O'Brien, Mannion (I know he was away) made little impact from an earlier stage this year

ProudDUB wrote:
    Stoner - your posts in the Mayo thread made a lot of sense. But there are cliches about Dublin, that people refuse to disbelieve. If we lose, its always because we believed in our own hype too much. It's never, ever because the other team were better on the day. I just don't even bother any more.

Thanks, it is true, nothing better than telling us we believed our own hype, or got our comeupans however you bloody spell that.

Oh dear. Someone needs a lollypop? :D

The irony of the Dublin hype merchants being out in full force in a Mayo thread was not lost on me. :rolleyes:

If anyone needs me, I'll be over at the Twitter account of Aidan O'Shea's Fringe, getting some hair and makeup tips for the weekend.

Don't forget that 20 minutes into the Donegal game last year, we were something like 7 points to 1 up. So we were coping very well with their defence and we were scoring against it. Then we tried to do what we had done against Monaghan and kill off the game with a few goals. That didn't happen and Donegal got into the game and well, we don't want to remember what happened then. Had we stuck with doing what we were doing it could have been a different outcome.

The shadow of that match has been hanging over us all season, a lot of it of the media's doing. OK, we didn't look great against Westmeath in the first half, but we got there. Fermanagh will probably be a bit tighter, but we should get through it. Donegal, should we meet them, will be tougher again. We have what it takes to beat them. We had it last year, had we stuck with what we were doing. They'll have a plan should we come up against Donegal. We won't get caught out like we did last year. Donegal will have a plan too of course. We should still beat them. Anyway, we've Fermanagh to get through first and Donegal have to get past Galway today.

Like any good Dub, I've country relations. :) My mother is from Galway, so I'll have a maroon and white headband tied to my Dublin back pack today. My brother-in-law is from Donegal, but that won't count for anything today. :) Come on Galway!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Don't forget that 20 minutes into the Donegal game last year, we were something like 7 points to 1 up. So we were coping very well with their defence and we were scoring against it. Then we tried to do what we had done against Monaghan and kill off the game with a few goals. That didn't happen and Donegal got into the game and well, we don't want to remember what happened then. Had we stuck with doing what we were doing it could have been a different outcome.

The shadow of that match has been hanging over us all season, a lot of it of the media's doing. OK, we didn't look great against Westmeath in the first half, but we got there. Fermanagh will probably be a bit tighter, but we should get through it. Donegal, should we meet them, will be tougher again. We have what it takes to beat them. We had it last year, had we stuck with what we were doing. They'll have a plan should we come up against Donegal. We won't get caught out like we did last year. Donegal will have a plan too of course. We should still beat them. Anyway, we've Fermanagh to get through first and Donegal have to get past Galway today.

Like any good Dub, I've country relations. :) My mother is from Galway, so I'll have a maroon and white headband tied to my Dublin back pack today. My brother-in-law is from Donegal, but that won't count for anything today. :) Come on Galway!!!:D

Agree with the above, the Donegal game wasn't a case of a plan coming undone, just bad individual choices. Play that game 10 times we win at least 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I'm not seeing a lot of change this year, other than greatly improved finishing in front of goal. We are giving the ball to the man in the better position, much more than we used too. At the back, I'm not seeing a ton of change either, maybe its because we haven't really faced an opponent yet who could punish any lack of discipline, or poor positioning there. Philly, Jamesy and Jack Flash seem just as prone as ever to go for a wander. Time will tell whether or not they'll feel as free to go walkabout against a Kerry/Mayo/Donegal, or whether they will stay at home and mind the house.

Playing the sweeper and getting more numbers back is a bit of change.

On players wandering? McMahon seems to have licence to go wherever he wants alright but i watched last day and there was a constant dialogue amongst the players. At no stage were we short handed at the back. Actually, when Westmeath retreated we consistently had 2 or 3 loose men in defensive positions. I suspect there's no way we'll see a repeat of the high wire act we saw against Donegal last year. Lessons learnt.

Actually i think when we run into Mayo or whoever in the semi we'll see a quite pronounced defensive structure, with lads flooding back. We did just that in the league game in Castlebar for example.

• Advertisement

corny wrote: »
    Playing the sweeper and getting more numbers back is a bit of change.

On players wandering? McMahon seems to have licence to go wherever he wants alright but i watched last day and there was a constant dialogue amongst the players. At no stage were we short handed at the back. Actually, when Westmeath retreated we consistently had 2 or 3 loose men in defensive positions. I suspect there's no way we'll see a repeat of the high wire act we saw against Donegal last year. Lessons learnt.

Actually i think when we run into Mayo or whoever in the semi we'll see a quite pronounced defensive structure, with lads flooding back. We did just that in the league game in Castlebar for example.

This is exactly what I've been led to believe. By all accounts there has been a noticeable difference to the set up in training/practice games. Phillys licence to roam was likely of his own making (I suppose it's understandable given Westmeath's lack of an attacking gameplan), but the defensive structure from here on out has been emphasised to all, but most particulalry to the defensive line players.

DoctaDee wrote:
    Phillys licence to roam was likely of his own making (I suppose it's understandable given Westmeath's lack of an attacking gameplan), but the defensive structure from here on out has been emphasised to all, but most particulalry to the defensive line players.

He seems to fancy himself for a couple of points a game, a bit like lacey. As discussed he has more football in him then he's credited with, but he over does the outside of the boot passes sometimes they skim off and go straight to the opposition, but they work sometimes too.

Cooper use to pop up for a score or two but hes stopped that now he was at it in the league a lot last year but stopped for championship matches.

There is a lot of talk between the defenders alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

do not think ye will need it lads but good luck ;)

Hidey ho campers !

So todays the day then....the first knock out game of the year. The first day of the year when the butterflies in the tummy try to make their presence felt, only to be told to shag off, it's "only" Fermanagh. Still wasn't able to face the fry for breakfast though...

Safe travels to everyone heading in. Pack yer brollies, roar really loudly for Kildare, and oh yeah, avert your eyes when the ads for the hurling skills app comes on the big telly. You really don't need to see Danny all dressed up in a cape and eye shadow, looking like he's an extra in a Spandau Ballet video. :eek:

Heading in shortly myself. Wore my Arnotts Dublin jersey to the matches yesterday. It doesn't get out much these days. I never bought the Vodafone one, as I did not like the big red sport. I'll have my AIG one on today. There was a guy in a Fermanagh jersey 5 seats away from me, so I wasn't the only one that looked like a spy there. :) Of course it was a pointless in him being on a spying mission, so maybe he was just there to enjoy the games. ;) It still won't prepare him for what awaits him today. It will be a very different atmosphere. There'll be a lot more blue jerseys around too. See you all later. Up the Dubs.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

On a day were Dublin win an All-Ireland Quarter Final I never thought I'd enjoy watching Kerry beat Kildare more!

• Advertisement

Enjoyed the game. Fermanagh were great , a real eye opener.

Donegal, Mayo and Kerry won't fear us now.

Thought fermanagh fans were great and the sportsmanship at the end was good too. Watched it when I went home a d the banter beteen McGrath and Gavin seemed genuine.

We've a lot to do.

My view of that "push-over try":

I've decided I'm not going to talk about the ref. The game is won now and we have lots of issues to talk about relating to the team and the next game. I'm going to be positive.

Thankfully fermanagh gave it a real go. When bastic / Kilkenny and Cooper went off there was little shape.

KMc is seriously off the pace of the rest of the team, A Brogan was hungry and inaccurate.

Fenton while effective has to bring it up a level, he needs to catch more ball, lots of the ball he broke went to the opposition.

Bastic was very good imho and he held our shape.

Cooper played well and was missed when he went off. Andrews showed well. Forward interplay was poor in many cases.

How did Flynn play from the stands?

How did Flynn play from the stands?

He kicked an absolute screamer from section 332 of the Lower Hogan, (row AA, seat 22 if yer being fussy,) but he did most of his best stuff on the actual pitch. :D

Sick as a dog with the flu. Off to bed. More thoughts tomorrow. Just hope to God I don't have Calpol inspired HD nightmares of Colm Cooper and Darran O'Sullivan running riot against us. Having to watch the non HD version against Kildare was bad enough. :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement