Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Is that you or the drink talking? :D

Was very, very surprised at how easily Mayo won yesterday. There was no edge, no intensity to Donegal at all. I know they have had a long year so far, but so have Tyrone and they came out of the traps, as if the hounds of hell were after them. The Fringe was very impressive in spurts, but methinks that by playing him in the forwards, they are robbing Peter to pay Paul. The Mayo hype machine will get well and truly cranked up now, which suits us down to the ground, as our own hype machine has been significantly quieter of late.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

Should be a ding dong of a game. Think poor old Rory O'Carroll will see a lot of his bedroom ceiling over the next 3 weeks......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Most certainly will be a humdinger of a semi final.

Lets hope we put in a similar performance as we did in McHale Park in March. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Past30Now

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Is that you or the drink talking? :D

Was very, very surprised at how easily Mayo won yesterday. There was no edge, no intensity to Donegal at all. I know they have had a long year so far, but so have Tyrone and they came out of the traps, as if the hounds of hell were after them. The Fringe was very impressive in spurts, but methinks that by playing him in the forwards, they are robbing Peter to pay Paul. The Mayo hype machine will get well and truly cranked up now, which suits us down to the ground, as our own hype machine has been significantly quieter of late.

Mayo were very good on Saturday. All of their spine played very well. They'll give us a torrid afternoon in three weeks time. I can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Thought it might interest some 10-11yr old Dublin Hoody for 15 euro

http://www.jdsports.ie/102687/102687-dublin-gaa-hoody-junior

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

racso1975 wrote: »
    Thought it might interest some 10-11yr old Dublin Hoody for 15 euro

http://www.jdsports.ie/102687/102687-dublin-gaa-hoody-junior
    Do many of them read this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Do many of them read this thread?

Who knows?

I sure plenty of Parents do whom I'm sure are the ones who would be buying it for their child.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Slattsy wrote: »
    I'll keep this short because im hungover like a mother ****er still, but we'll beat Mayo easier than we'd beat Donegal. Really wanted Mayo to win y'day.

Hope your right about that. I would have been fine playing Donegal as well though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Lovely and quiet in here ... shush we'll let the sleeping dogs lie ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Lovely and quiet in here ... shush we'll let the sleeping dogs lie ;)

It's great here in the long grass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

So..... who likes stuff??

We just need absolute blue murder (hopefully a replay) in the 1st semi on the 23rd and we should be able to sail into the semi ;)

We just need absolute blue murder (hopefully a replay) in the 1st semi on the 23rd and we should be able to sail into the semi ;)

You know we're already in it?

---

Can we just spend a few weeks fawning over stuff?

You know we're already in it?

---

Can we just spend a few weeks fawning over Paul Flynn or Connolly or something?

Yeah yeah @ semi .. I mean knock on the door of Croker and be hustled in a side entrance .. no fuss :D

No mention of any senior players please - even the ladies aren't out til the 22nd :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Yerra whisst, we can forget 2015 . When is the league starting?

Yeah yeah @ semi .. I mean knock on the door of Croker and be hustled in a side entrance .. no fuss :D

No mention of any senior players please - even the ladies aren't out til the 22nd :rolleyes:

I sorted that for ya. Change the quote. :)

It's great here in the long grass.

It really is. The only downside is that it plays havoc with my hay fever. Does anyone have any good remedy suggestions? I'm also undecided on the merits of Kleenex Mansize vs Kleenex with balsam. Thoughts?

It really is. The only downside is that it plays havoc with my hay fever. Does anyone have any good remedy suggestions? I'm also undecided on the merits of Kleenex Mansize vs Kleenex with balsam. Thoughts?

I was always a balsam man. I don't think they can be beat.

I was always a balsam man. I don't think they can be beat.

It's all over-rated guys. Herself buys the Andrex toilet roll with infused Aloe Vera, I can't honestly say there's a hole lot of difference ....
    Stoner wrote: »

Agreed, There's a lot of miles on those players .. be better off concentrating on the Club Champo, then get a nice rest

Good idea DoctaDee.

That Philly vs Dermo rematch quarterfinal between Vincents and Kickkams should be an absolute belter a jolly good game, eh? I fancy Kickhams for the upset meself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EnergyBlaster

Ah here now, don't be getting ahead of yourself there. There's the O'Byrne cup to come first.

Fair play guys .. I'm gonna change the thread title to the "The Dublin Room of Serenity" .. poster of the week will be given a months supply of Camomille tea ...

Ah here now, don't be getting ahead of yourself there. There's the O'Byrne cup to come first.

The Blue Stars dont forget them !!

ProudDUB wrote:
    That Philly vs Dermo rematch quarterfinal between Vincents and Kickkams should be an absolute belter a jolly good game, eh? I fancy Kickhams for the upset meself.

Would it be an upset. I was right beside round one last year, lots of puffing!

We're gonna haveta call a taxi for JRant :D

He must be 20 generations blue,

Devil a bit of rural in him!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Good idea DoctaDee.

Not at all. Vinnies wont be denied the three in a row! The POTY for the captain have shortened with good reason. He is in bloom this time of the year.

What's the story with Whelan at Ballymun, didn't see him in the games last year no involvement with the county panel. He'd a decent run in 2014 is he injured.

What's the story with Whelan at Ballymun, didn't see him in the games last year no involvement with the county panel. He'd a decent run in 2014 is he injured.

Naw he's still tipping away with Kickhams Stoner .. quite effective in the forward line the bit I've seen of him - hard to know whether he'll figure anytime soon tbh, you'd like to think past indiscretions are forgotten, but sure ya never know

• Advertisement

He didnt play against Vincents in either game last year did he or am I going mad.

BK didn't play Vincents in last years champo. I think SOP/ER knocked them out in the quarter finals.

sorry I meant the drawn game and replay and the Philly Connelly event. Did he miss that due to the suspension ?

I seem.to have forgotten a whole year.

That's ok. I'm doing my best to forget all about 2014 too. :(

Dermo was sent off in the replay of the 2013 final. He got a straight red for the altercation with Philly, so he missed the first game of the Leinster champo.

ProudDUB wrote:
    Dermo was sent off in the replay of the 2013 final. He got a straight red for the altercation with Philly, so he missed the first game of the Leinster champo.

I was at both games, it was Whelan I was wondering about, was he suspended for those games.

Thanks again.

Yeah Jason Whelan played in neither the final or replay in 2013. Dermo the bowsy got a straight red and Phily a 2nd yellow in the replay. Whelan 2 months later got the infamous8 week ban against DCU for the chomp, I didn'tsee it happen at the time but the fallout reaction on the pitch sorta told me it was serious enough.

Last year OP/ER and their bloody blanket defence scuppered da mun and were a real turn up for the books

• Advertisement

Plunketts were good value on their run to the final last year, seeing as they had to take out Crokes in the first round, BK in the quarters and Judes in the semis. The only team of note Vinnies had to play was an MDMA-less Boden. T'was a weird final. After spending all year watching Dublin rack up ridiculous scores & wondering how we'd do against the blanket defense, it was weird watching Berno all by himself, with only the odd dig out from Nesty.

Anyway enough about unimportant stuff. Fell off the rothar today and sprained me wrist. It is a major balls trying to post on here, open a packet of chocolate hobnobs AND drink a hot whiskey all at the same time, with just the use of one hand. So how was everyone elses commute? Any misadventures? Do tell !

Public transportation for me. And if it's a nice evening I'll walk home.
    So it's very rare I walk home!

Could easily cycle but I'm afraid I'd kill myself. Oh and I hate cyclists.

McQuillan is the ref. Discuss.

doesn't really matter who the ref is IMHO, I don't think too many of the Mayo lads will kick up, the Kerry lads and some around them are still sore about 2011 some will possibly go after this in much the same way that the incident at the weekend was used by a few to discredit past wins.

In the current climate, I think that if the teams approach it way Mayo did in 2012 and Dublin did in 2013, ie the winning team closing out the game the way both teams did then they could lose players for the final. They both need to watch that.
    Mayo are due a good show by a ref in a semi final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Kop On

Win the game and don't be worrying about the ref. Blaming the ref is the easy way out.

McQuillan was ref when we played Mayo in the final in 2013 and I don't remember too many of us complaining afterwards.

• Advertisement

Kop On wrote: »
    Win the game and don't be worrying about the ref. Blaming the ref is the easy way out.

McQuillan was ref when we played Mayo in the final in 2013 and I don't remember too many of us complaining afterwards.

But we have to talk about something during this calm serene fortnight.

But we have to talk about something during this calm serene fortnight.

ProudDub suggested our commuting habits .. personally I have to run the gauntlet of the M1 & M50 everyday. I have been a couple of cars ahead of 2 serious pile ups at the Finglas & Ballymun exits recently - the last time I got such a shock I dropped my mobile phone and spilled my can of beer on the passenger seat :D... (the pile up is true btw)

Dutch Gold?

Bleedin' HATE it when that happens....

Terrible waste altogether...

Getting the smell out of the car seats is just the worst.

ProudDub suggested our commuting habits .. personally I have to run the gauntlet of the M1 & M50 everyday. I have been a couple of cars ahead of 2 serious pile ups at the Finglas & Ballymun exits recently - the last time I got such a shock I dropped my mobile phone and spilled my can of beer on the passenger seat :D... (the pile up is true btw)

My commute is rather handy. Around 20min in the morning.

If I catch the light at Liffey Valley at the right moment I can sail through Ballyfermot and down into Chapelizod and up Knockmaroon without stopping at all.

Only issue is Martin's Row in the evening. Poxy stretch of road. Always chocker with idiots not understanding the filter lights at the Mullingar House/Chapo NS.

Lovely part of the world Chapelizod. So close to the Park & the river. Wouldn't mind living there, but for the floods. And the Straw Hall do a great pint, or so I'm told. Naturally, I wouldn't know. :D

Lovely part of the world Chapelizod. So close to the Park & the river. Wouldn't mind living there, but for the floods. And the Straw Hall do a great pint, or so I'm told. Naturally, I wouldn't know. :D

And they have their own taxi service for anyone wanting a snifter.

Shame about the Wren's Nest. Never got to have a pint there.

Dutch Gold?

Bleedin' HATE it when that happens....

Terrible waste altogether...

Getting the smell out of the car seats is just the worst.

LOL .. lesson learned PD .. keep an eye out for me

c466f8ebea086992910658d846398d53.png

Ah tis one of my favourite pints of stout in Dublin. Great pub.
    Dont like it when those celebs like Bono go though.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Ah tis one of my favourite pints of stout in Dublin. Great pub.
    Dont like it when those celebs like Bono go though.

As a picky fecker when it comes to my stout would you mind telling me where else ya like?

I might stop off for a half one evening on the way home based on this. :)

As a picky fecker when it comes to my stout would you mind telling me where else ya like?

I might stop off for a half one evening on the way home based on this. :)

Greatshoutforstout have a good website and twitter for Guinness updates.

Best pint in Dublin at the moment and has been for a while now is Walshes in Stoneybatter.

In the City Centre The Auld Dub do a phenomenal pint, but the price is off-putting. Bowes on Fleet Street next best.
    Followed in 3rd by The Dame Tavern.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement