Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Bambi wrote: »
    No choice but to start Rock with Cluxton back in spazz mode

Bastik coming on and then going off were the turning points for and against us I thought. He showed real leadership

Leadership is when you don't do something stupid like he did.

Until then he was brilliant. Some of the ball he took was sensational. But I'm pissed off he got carded for what he did.

Him and Fenton have to start. MDMA needs to be given a ticket for the Cusack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Bastick has to start, if he's not fit to play 70 then so be it but he'll be big for the first 50 at least.

Mayo's midfield aren't exceptional footballers but they are very strong in the air, we need Bastick to compete on the long kickouts as Mayo had our short ones sussed in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

My team for Saturday - taking P Mc and DC are sidelined

Cluxton
    Fitz ROC Cooper
    McCarthy Small Jack Mc
    COS Fenton
    Flynn Alan B Kilkenny
    Andrews MDM Bernard

I thought we were crying out for the direct ball into the big man inside, O'Gara has caused huge problems previously and there was encouragement 1st half with the diagonal even into BB and Rock - it's for that reason I wouldn't mind seeing MDM being put in the mix on the square

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Yeah as somebody not too sure of Bastic all season. I'd definitely put my hand up and say he deserves a start next weekend with Fenton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Godge wrote: »
    The O'Carroll incident was what set the whole game alight.

When something like that happens early in the game, a referee, if he doesn't see it (as McQuillan appears not to have seen it) should make it clear by consulting his linesmen that he isn't going to stand for any off-the-ball stuff. McQuillan did nothing about it and that set the tone for the game.

The second point about referees is that Dublin move the ball too fast for referees. Unlike teams like Mayo who move the ball up the field slowly, Dublin turn defence into attack too quickly for referees who are left 40 yards behind the game. Not their fault, they would have to be as fit as Flynn to keep up. As a result, Dublin don't get their fair share of frees as opposition defenders are free to make the cynical fouls away from the referee's eyes. None of this is seen on television but if you are in the right part of the ground it happens in front of your eyes.

McQuillan didn't injure anyone. He's blame free on that front. He may have handled it differently. That's true and everyone is entitled to an opinion on it. However, the blame for injuring an opponent lays with the player involved. Plain and simple.

Is "referees are not fit enough to keep up with the Dublin team" a valid excuse for poor performance. I don't believe so. I accept that referees are humans and mistakes will happen but McQuillan gets more than his fair share wrong. There are three officials. What was the linesman doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Leadership is when you don't do something stupid like he did.

Until then he was brilliant. Some of the ball he took was sensational. But I'm pissed off he got carded for what he did.

Him and Fenton have to start. MDMA needs to be given a ticket for the Cusack.

I thought it was nailed on hand trip at the time, but looking at it again on the sunday game its not clear at all that it was.

Cormac Reilly gets to try and put manners on them next Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Has Gavin spoke yet?

DoctaDee wrote: »

Cormac Reilly, you can't be serious ?? After what he did last year for his Kerry buds and friend Donaghy. He is a shocking referee. McQuillan is much better than him. Mickey mouse would be better.

You have to be kidding?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

GAA just tweeted the public allocation of tickets for the replay is sold out. Glad I got mine last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Mayo scored one point from play in 35 minutes.

Surely a similar logic applies?

Not really. They kept the score board ticking over from all the handy frees they were getting. And they had a player on the pitch who was well capable of kicking them. We didn't do that or have that, during our scoring drought.

I wouldn't have minded our lack of scoring in the last 15 minutes, if we pulled most of our players back, slowed down the game and protected the lead. I'm a fan of playing attacking football as much as the next person. But when you are within 10 minutes of an All Ireland final and you are down key players all over the place, common sense should prevail. The game kept on being played at a helter skelter pace and our lads should have shown a bit of cop on and calmed things down a bit. The hectic pace suited the team who was chasing the lead and they should have known that.

I was sorely disappointed by the lack of leadership shown yesterday, especially as the game wound down and things got ugly. We really need an outfield captain too, even if Cluxton is the titular captain. Connolly is the vice captain, but I don't think he has the temperament for it. He was the worst offender for mouthing off to the ref yesterday. We needed someone to get him to shut the eff up, especially as the ref was so quick to move the frees up for dissent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

corny wrote: »
    That's a cop out IMO. The nastiness and near constant dialogue with the referee betrays a serious lack of self control. I hope the players and Jim Gavin are honest with themselves. Lads should be focused on what they have to do and nothing should get in the way of that.

If I'm wrong and what went on yesterday was part of a plan to, dare I say it, be more Tyrone like, I'd despair.

Gavin seems to be focused on the free count against Dublin being something that is just against them and they can't control, whereas he should be acknowledging that it is coming from poor Dublin tackling.

Leaving aside the dirty and cynical fouls from both sides, Dublins tackling technique was poor and clumsy for the most part.

As a Mayo man, I hope he doesn't realise this and continues along the thinking that refs are just against them, because that way nothing will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

My team for Saturday - taking P Mc and DC are sidelined

Cluxton
    Fitz ROC Cooper
    McCarthy Small Jack Mc
    COS Fenton
    Flynn Alan B Kilkenny
    Andrews MDM Bernard

I thought we were crying out for the direct ball into the big man inside, O'Gara has caused huge problems previously and there was encouragement 1st half with the diagonal even into BB and Rock - it's for that reason I wouldn't mind seeing MDM being put in the mix on the square

I get the imperative but just wouldn't be confident MD could do any damage though. He just doesn't have the mobility to break tackles these days. He wouldn't be any good at linking play from that position either.

O' Gara is a huge loss alright but we just don't have anyone to replace him. Have to accept that imo.

I'd go for

Cluxton
    Fitz ROC Cooper
    Mc Small Mc
    COS Bastick
    Flynn KK Fenton
    Andrews BB Kev Mc

I'd be open to Alan Brogan playing for Fenton or Kev Mc.

Doubt Gavin will go for that though. O' Sullivan will start 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EnergyBlaster

I expect McMahon to be banned, O'Connor and Cooper to be let off, and I'm not sure on Connolly. The red was deserved but the Keane rescind makes it messy.

We really need Rory if Philly's suspended, otherwise who marks AOS?

If Rory can't play I'd play Bastic on AOS at all times and have Cian O Sullivan in midfield where they can interchange between Full Back and Midfield.

corny wrote: »
    I get the imperative but just wouldn't be confident MD could do any damage though. He just doesn't have the mobility to break tackles these days. He wouldn't be any good at linking play from that position either.

O' Gara is a huge loss alright but we just don't have anyone to replace him. Have to accept that imo.

I'd go for

Cluxton
    Fitz ROC Cooper
    Mc Small Mc
    COS Bastick
    Flynn KK Fenton
    Andrews BB Kev Mc

I'd be open to Alan Brogan playing for Fenton or Kev Mc.

Doubt Gavin will go for that though. O' Sullivan will start 6.

Yeah I know it's a big leap of faith - just think there's a nuisance value in having him there, if only to break ball - I'd be far from pushing him to start in any position tbh.

I'd agree with a post you had previously regards COS as sweeper - it's a relative dud and Small has played similar in a defence minded BK set up, I'd think there's more gained pushing COS into an attacking/running role

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

You have to be kidding?

Turns out yes - Eddie Kinsella appointed

That's your fault :P ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

My team for Saturday assuming no DC or McMahon, I'd drop Cooper.

Cluxton
    O'Sullivan Roc Fitzsimons
    McCarthy Small McCaffery
    Bastic Fenton
    Flynn MDMA Kilkenny
    B Brogan Rock Andrews

A Brogan, McManamon, Brady Deveraux, Costello as subs.

We've seen Small play well jumping with tall men at BK before.

Seen a clip on Twitter of the AOS / McMahon incident. Its from the opposite angle that the replays/tv camera's had.
    Quite clear AOS yanks Philly's jersey towards him and he reacts looking to the ref straight away - he knew what he was doing alright. Nothing to see here :D

Tweet is on Dublinmatchtracker.

• Advertisement

In terms of defence I'd do the exact same thing but swap ROC for Philly - Fitz on COC, ROC on Aidan, Cian as sweeper. The defence was very good bar the frees until we got cocky. We need to stop the stupid fouling unless its in a very dangerous area and cut out the mouthijg at the ref. Make Mayo work for their scores.

Midfield - swap Mick for Bastick, that's already a big improvement.

Not confident in the forward line, thought Mayo had us snuffed out in the 2nd half bar a strong 10 minute spell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Pull the jersey is a noting offence.

Your point was O'Carroll shouldn't have been on the pitch when he got hit. Neither a noting or a yellow card would have taken him off the pitch so your point doesn't stand.
    I was referring to my other point about Dublin indiscipline costing them the win but in hindsight idn't make that clear in my post.

I'd leave Philly on AOS, sure he owned him. AOS hasnt had a tougher game in his life.

In fairness to OS, he probably loved that battle and might relish coming up against Philly on Saturday, he reminds me of me, loves a good duel, except he's a lot uglier.

Phew.

Wait... Dammit.

And you have better hair Slats. I've never met you and I have NO idea what you look like, but I know for a FACT that you have better hair than Aidan O'Shea. Mind you, I have potted plants on my patio that have better hair than him, so it's probably not much of a compliment. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Slattsy wrote: »
    Seen a clip on Twitter of the AOS / McMahon incident. Its from the opposite angle that the replays/tv camera's had.
    Quite clear AOS yanks Philly's jersey towards him and he reacts looking to the ref straight away - he knew what he was doing alright. Nothing to see here :D

Tweet is on Dublinmatchtracker.

Philly be alright...

Check out @DubMatchTracker's Tweet: https://twitter.com/DubMatchTracker/status/638361943342993408?s=09

It's up on the Indo's website too.

Philly owes Dave Whelan a pint !

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

Stoner wrote: »
    My team for Saturday assuming no DC or McMahon, I'd drop Cooper.

Cluxton
    O'Sullivan Roc Fitzsimons
    McCarthy Small McCaffery
    Bastic Fenton
    Flynn MDMA Kilkenny
    B Brogan Rock Andrews

A Brogan, McManamon, Brady Deveraux, Costello as subs.

We've seen Small play well jumping with tall men at BK before.

Nice! I'd like to see Kilkenny at FF under a few high balls. Very very strong and can win his own ball.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    And you have better hair Slats. I've never met you and I have NO idea what you look like, but I know for a FACT that you have better hair than Aidan O'Shea. Mind you, I have potted plants on my patio that have better hair than him, so it's probably not much of a compliment. :P

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Well, if you ever do meet, don't touch that hair. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Could this exonerate Connolly I wonder?

http://www.joe.ie/sport/video-fan-captures-the-clearest-footage-yet-of-diarmuid-connollys-bust-up-with-lee-keegan/510234

Sidenote: people who video games instead of enjoying then.... Will never understand

BKWDR wrote: »

http://www.joe.ie/sport/video-fan-captures-the-clearest-footage-yet-of-diarmuid-connollys-bust-up-with-lee-keegan/510234

Sidenote: people who video games instead of enjoying then.... Will never understand

How would that exonerate Connolly?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,297 ✭✭✭✭JRant

How would that exonerate Connolly?

Doesn't look like it's a red card from seeing that footage.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Gael85

Dublin have used 26 players in 5 Championship game.Appearances+Subs for 2015 Championship Game

Brogan, Bernard 5
    Cluxton, Stephen 5 (3 Clean Sheets. Conceded 3 Goals)
    Connolly, Diarmuid 5
    Cooper, Jonny 5
    Fenton, Brian 5
    Flynn, Paul 5
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 5
    McCaffrey, Jack 5
    McMahon, Philip 5
    Rock, Dean 5
    Macauley, Michael Darragh 3+2
    McManamon, Kevin 3+2
    Andrews, Paddy 2+3
    Small, John 2+3
    Brogan, Alan 0+5
    Fitzsimons, Michael 0+5
    O’Carroll, Rory 4
    O’Sullivan, Cian 4
    McCarthy, James 3+1
    Bastick, Denis 2+2
    Brady, Tomas 0+3
    Daly, Darren 1+1
    Lowndes, Eric 0+2
    Byrne, David (Olafs) 1
    Costello, Cormac 0+1
    O’Conghaile, Emmett 0+1

Dublin have scored 15-91 and conceded 3-60 in 5 Championship games. Scorers 2015 Championship Games

Brogan, Bernard 5-18
    Rock, Dean 2-19
    Connolly, Diarmuid 4-10
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 0-16
    Flynn, Paul 2-4
    Andrews, Paddy 0-6
    McManamon, Kevin 1-3
    Brogan, Alan 0-5
    McCaffrey, Jack 1-1
    McMahon, Philip 0-3
    Fenton, Brian 0-2
    Brady, Tomas 0-1
    Lowndes, Eric 0-1
    Macauley, Michael Darragh 0-1
    McCarthy, James 0-1

Dublin have used 35 players in 9 League games.Appearances+Subs for 2015 League Games
    Cooper, Jonny 9
    McManamon, Kevin 9
    Rock, Dean 9
    McCaffrey, Jack 8+1
    Brady, Tomas 7+2
    Bastick, Denis 8
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 6+2
    McMahon, Philip 6+2
    O'Carroll, Rory 7
    Brogan, Bernard 5+2
    Small, John 5+2
    Costello, Cormac 3+4
    Fenton, Brian 3+4
    Cluxton, Stephen 6 (4 Clean Sheets. Conceded 3 Goals)
    Culligan, Eoin 6
    McCarthy, James 3+3
    O'Conghaile, Emmett 2+4
    Connolly, Diarmuid 5
    Flynn, Paul 4+1
    Daly, Darren 3+2
    O'Gara, Eoghan 3+2
    O'Sullivan, Cian 3+2
    Andrews, Paddy 1+4
    Fitzsimons, Michael 2+2
    Byrne, Davy (Ballymun) 1+3
    Currie, Sean 3 (2 Clean Sheets. Conceded 1 Goal)
    Carthy, Shane 2+1
    Macauley, Michael Darragh 2+1
    Byrne, David (Olafs) 1+2
    Devereux, Nicky 1+2
    Lowndes, Eric 1+2
    Reddin, Ciaran 0+2
    Deegan, Michael 0+1
    McHugh, Conor 0+1
    Ryan, Philip 0+1

Dublin have scored 8-131 and conceded 4-101 in 9 League games. Scorers 2015 League Games
    Rock, Dean 1-52
    Brogan, Bernard 2-8
    McCaffrey, Jack 1-7
    Brady, Tomas 0-8
    McManamon, Kevin 0-8
    Connolly, Diarmuid 1-5
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 0-7
    Fenton, Brian 1-3
    Flynn, Paul 0-5
    McMahon, Philip 0-5
    Costello, Cormac 1-2
    O'Conghaile, Emmett 0-4
    O'Gara, Eoghan 0-4
    Bastick, Denis 1-1
    Andrews, Paddy 0-3
    Byrne, Davy (Ballymun) 0-2
    Carthy, Shane 0-2
    Cooper, Jonny 0-2
    Deegan, Michael 0-1
    Macauley, Michael Darragh 0-1
    Ryan, Philip 0-1

Dublin have used 34 players in 5 O'Byrne Cup games.Appearances+Subs for 2015 O'Byrne Cup
    Brady, Tomas 5
    Culligan, Eoin 5
    Devereux, Nicky 5
    O'Conghaile, Emmett 5
    Rock, Dean 5
    Small, John 5
    Daly, Darren 5
    Fitzsimons, Michael 4+1
    Bastick, Denis 4
    O'Gara, Eoghan 4
    Hannigan, Graham 3+1
    Ryan, Philip 2+2
    Carthy, Shane 1+3
    Scully, Niall 0+4
    Costello, Cormac 3
    McManamon, Kevin 3
    Molloy, Lorcan 3 (1 Clean Sheet)
    Collins, Niall 2+1
    O'Carroll, Rory 2+1
    Cooper, Jonny 1+2
    Dawson, Harry 1+2
    Lowndes, Stuart 0+3
    Currie, Sean 2 (1 Clean Sheet)
    McCaffrey, Jack 1+1
    Dunleavy, Craig 1+1
    Deegan, Michael 0+2
    Kavanagh, Ian 0+2
    Macauley, Michael Darragh 0+2
    O'Higgins, Paddy 0+2
    McCarrick, Alan 0+1
    McGowan, Ross 0+1
    McGuire, Conor 0+1
    McLoughlin, Diarmuid 0+1
    McMahon, Philip 0+1

Dublin have scored 3-80 and conceded 3-43 in 5 O'Byrne Cup games. Scorers 2015 O'Byrne Cup Games
    Rock, Dean 0-38
    O'Gara, Eoghan 2-7
    McManamon, Kevin 1-6
    Brady, Tomas 0-7
    O'Conghaile, Emmett 0-6
    Carthy, Shane 0-5
    Ryan, Philip 0-3
    Costello, Cormac 0-2
    Deegan, Michael 0-2
    Cooper, Jonny 0-1
    Culligan, Eoin 0-1
    McLoughlin, Diarmuid 0-1
    Scully, Niall 0-1

JRant wrote: »
    Doesn't look like it's a red card from seeing that footage.

Am I blind? Keegan blocks his run, Connolly pushes him, they push back and forth, they wrestle each other leading to the headlock and punch thrown. No punch = yellow each, Connolly couldn't keep his cool yet again though.

If he gets away with it it will be because Keane was lucky enough to get a rescind, nothing else.

• Advertisement

Am I blind? Keegan blocks his run, Connolly pushes him, they push back and forth, they wrestle each other leading to the headlock and punch thrown. No punch = yellow each, Connolly couldn't keep his cool yet again though.

If he gets away with it it will be because Keane was lucky enough to get a rescind, nothing else.

I must be seeing a different video to you because I can't see a punch been thrown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

JRant wrote: »
    I must be seeing a different video to you because I can't see a punch been thrown.

He definitely throws a punch towards the end of the altercation whether it's apparent in that clip or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

keane2097 wrote: »
    He definitely throws a punch towards the end of the altercation whether it's apparent in that clip or not.

There is a clear dig. Think Coopers looks worse in slow motion tbh yellow was right.

Anyways no action taken let's stop all this ****e

keane2097 wrote: »

I didn't get a good look at it while at the game and that clip doesn't show much other than some wrestling going on so I've no idea whether a dig was thrown or not.

Anyway it matters not as he'll probably get a ban off the back of it.

• Advertisement

Keegan gets up and gets on with after that clip, which i admire tbh.
    But that sly dog COC is giving it socks to the linesman, that pisses me off.

keane2097 wrote:

He does when they are on the ground Connelly is in a headlock at the time, it's not in that footage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭kyote00

Looks like an elbow/arm throw backwards into DC face by the mayo player as DC passed by...(6 second mark - if you slow it down)
    DC follows, reacts ....
    BKWDR wrote: »

Stoner wrote: »
    He does when they are on the ground Connelly is in a headlock at the time, it's not in that footage

Just seen a clip in the match thread that's al lot clearer. Looks like a punch alright but he could probably argue he was trying to pull his arm free and Keagan pulled it back in.

Just watching replay again tonight, kicked wifey up to bed. Some points now that im sober (ish).

How do we get BB in the game more next Saturday?
    Rock was non-existent again, he's too easily marked out of the game.
    Andrews needs to be targeted more often, his use of the ball good.
    Really hope Alan B starts in place of Connolly, instead of Kev Mc. Much prefer Kev Mc coming on early in the second half.
    Mayo were really negative weren't they actually, they had so many men behind the ball. Will they be like that again?
    Bastic has to start, as i said before MDM is gone to pot.
    Cluxton needs to get back to what he's good at, there's a chance that was Gavins tactics though and not necessarily Cluxton, was he under orders?
    I dont like COC - sly fcker. In the refs ear all game.

McStay was brutal on TSG too.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Just watching replay again tonight, kicked wifey up to bed. Some points now that im sober (ish).

How do we get BB in the game more next Saturday?
    Rock was non-existent again, he's too easily marked out of the game.
    Andrews needs to be targeted more often, his use of the ball good.
    Really hope Alan B starts in place of Connolly, instead of Kev Mc. Much prefer Kev Mc coming on early in the second half.

Mayo were really negative weren't they actually, they had so many men behind the ball. Will they be like that again?
    Bastic has to start, as i said before MDM is gone to pot.
    Cluxton needs to get back to what he's good at, there's a chance that was Gavins tactics though and not necessarily Cluxton, was he under orders?
    I dont like COC - sly fcker. In the refs ear all game.

Someone get a nice cup of tea and some chocolate hobnobs up to that poor, long suffering creature Mrs Slats.

Mossy Quinn made some great points on Off the Ball tonight. Shockingly, just this once, David Brady and James Horan were not on tonight show, doing Party Political broadcasts on behalf of The Peoples Liberation Front of Belmullet. What a loss to democracy & humanity that was ! :rolleyes:

Anyway, he wasn't a big fan of the short kickouts and even worse, the number of times Cluxton got the ball back again and had to do the restart all over again. Said the short kick outs were understandable given our problems in midfield, but that the knock on effect was that they gave Mayo time to clog up the half back line, which cut off the supply line to the full forwards. Once in a while, Flynn sent a long, diagonal ball in that they could make hay from, but it didn't happen often enough. I agreed 100%. Our attacking formation seemed very slow and ponderous at times. There was none of the speed and support runs of the shoulder, than have been such a strong characteristic of our attacking play up to this.

I wouldn't start Kev Mc. He just runs into dead ends & traffic when he starts. For whatever reason, he is a game changer when he is a sub, in ways that he just isn't when he starts. Rock was worse than useless from play, but we need him for the frees. If had been left on, we would have won the game. Seeing Cluxton miss all three frees so badly was truly heart breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

naughtb4 wrote: »
    There is a clear dig. Think Coopers looks worse in slow motion tbh yellow was right.

Anyways no action taken let's stop all this ****e

I disagree. I said in one of the other threads that I think it was the worst action in the game. Absolute filth and he knew what he was doing, extended the leg in a stamping motion just as he was coming into contact with Diarmuid.

Red for me and (not sure the exact rules for the different types of red card offence) should get a couple of games banned.

Padkir wrote:
    I disagree. I said in one of the other threads that I think it was the worst action in the game. Absolute filth and he knew what he was doing.

You and I agree,
    Dont think ROC would agree with us though since he only played three minutes.

Anyway, I've been instructed to keep this thread about positive stuff from now on.

I predict McMahon and AOS may fall in love over the next week, they have the awkward first shift out of the way now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Someone get a nice cup of tea and some chocolate hobnobs up to that poor, long suffering creature Mrs Slats.

Mossy Quinn made some great points on Off the Ball tonight. Shockingly, just this once, David Brady and James Horan were not on tonight show, doing Party Political broadcasts on behalf of The Peoples Liberation Front of Belmullet. What a loss to democracy & humanity that was ! :rolleyes:

Anyway, he wasn't a big fan of the short kickouts and even worse, the number of times Cluxton got the ball back again and had to do the restart all over again. Said it was understandable given our problems in midfield, but that the knock on effect was that they gave Mayo time to clog up the half back line, which cut off the supply line to the full forwards. Once in a while, Flynn sent a long, diagonal ball in that they could make hay from, but it didn't happen often enough. I agreed 100%. Our attacking formation seemed very slow and ponderous at times. There was none of the speed and support runs of the shoulder, than have been such a strong characteristic of our attacking play up to this.

I wouldn't start Kev Mc. He just runs into dead ends & traffic when he starts. For whatever reason, he is a game changer when he is a sub in ways that he just isn't when he starts. Rock was worse than useless from play, but we need him for the frees. If had been left on, we would have won the game. Seeing Cluxton miss all three frees so badly was truly heart breaking.

His pace causes trouble against tired defenders. Similar to Shane Long in soccer - looks class when he comes on sometimes and often gets a goal.But doesnt look the same player when he starts.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement