Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    The crux of the game right there imo, these two will need 6 points between them for the Dubs to have any chance. Keep these quiet and Kerry will tap over handy scores to win comfortably. Dubs don't have the luxury.

Reading your posts i think you were on a bit of a wind up last night but anyway. The last time these two sides met in the championship Dublin scored 3-18 and had 12 different scorers. They aren't reliant on Flynn or Connolly. They proved that in their most recent game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

corny wrote: »
    Reading your posts i think you were on a bit of a wind up last night but anyway. The last time these two sides met in the championship Dublin scored 3-18 and had 12 different scorers. They aren't reliant on Flynn or Connolly. They proved that in their most recent game.

He's been sent on a mission to try and get the rise out of the Dub😉😉😉😉😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ProudDUB wrote:
    Nah, he'll never amount to anything.

Sure the lads have never been here before ProudDub they don't know what to do, and we are playing unfamiliar shapeshifters with medals spilling out of their arises and a manager who's grown two extra brains in two years. If you write is down enough it will become the truth and we have that terrible knack of building ourselves up to an unreasonable level, that's bound to backfire on us again .

We have no luxaries at all bar two lads who haven't kicked a ball all year. We haven't beaten anyone either, Mayo were rubbish by all accounts no midfield and they were terrible unlucky too, but they'd still be terrible if the were playing tomorrow. We did beat Kildare but they were rubbish back then, they got a lot better after they beat Cork.

The only things we have going for us is the ref, luck and home advantage.

Anyone want to buy my ticket ? No point even going to this game.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Stoner wrote: »
    Sure the lads have never been here before ProudDub they don't know what to do, and we are playing unfamiliar shapeshifters with medals spilling out of their arises and a manager who's grown two extra brains in two years. If you write is down enough it will become the truth and we have that terrible knack of building ourselves up to an unreasonable level, that's bound to backfire on us again .

We have no luxaries at all bar two lads who haven't kicked a ball all year. We haven't beaten anyone either, Mayo were rubbish by all accounts no midfield and they were terrible unlucky too, but they'd still be terrible if the were playing tomorrow. We did beat Kildare but they were rubbish back then, they got a lot better after they beat Cork.

Anyone want to buy my ticket ? No point even going to this game.:)

Population. Don't forget the population.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

corny wrote: »
    Population. Don't forget the population.;)

And looks. We'll always have that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Slattsy wrote: »
    And looks. We'll always have that.

But what we will never have had is some tough games in Leinster, Leinster is terrible only one team, its unfair that Dublin don't get tough games which means they are untried but also fresh depending on which argument you want to make on a particular day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Getting away from the championship talk for a moment, here's our full league schedule for next year. How many of tomorrow's supporters will be at any of these?

Saturday 30 January 2016 - 7pm - Kerry - Home - ( F )

Saturday 6 February 2016 - 7pm - Mayo - Away - ( F )

Saturday 13 February 2016 - 7pm - Tipperary - Away - ( H )

Saturday 20 February 2016 - 7pm - Galway - Home - ( H )

Saturday 27 February 2016 - 7pm - Monaghan - Home - ( F )

Saturday 5 March 2016 - 5pm - Cork - Home - ( H )

Saturday 5 March 2016 - 7pm - Cork - Home - ( F )

Saturday 12 March 2016 - 7pm - Down - Away - ( F )

Sunday 13 March 2016 - 2pm - Waterford - Away - ( H )

Sunday 20 March 2016 - 2pm - Kilkenny - Away - ( H )

Saturday 26 March 2016 - 7pm - Donegal - Home - ( F )

Saturday 2 April 2016 - 7pm - Roscommon - Away - ( F )

Home advantage? :eek: When did they switch the game to Parnell Park? How are they going to get 82,300 people in there? I have a Hogan Stand ticket, so where do I sit now? Are all the upper decks people going to have to sit on the rooves of the stand and terraces? It'll be a logistical nightmare. What about the poor Kerry folk? Most of them won't have a clue where Parnell Park is, though a few of our fans won't either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭green n gold

Ah now I'm hearing the throw in may be delayed to offer the fans a last chance to get back from the Longford v Dublin championship match of 06, they are still ringing Joe to look for directions on how to get back to the city from this epic crusade. :)

Ah now I'm hearing the throw in may be delayed to offer the fans a last chance to get back from the Longford v Dublin championship match of 06, they are still ringing Joe to look for directions on how to get back to the city from this epic crusade. :)

Ah yes, 2006 in Longford. That is two years after our last home match in the championship. Teams like Longford are lucky to get home games in the championship. It is something us Dubs can only dream about. We've been waiting 11 years for it, and the wait goes on. Ironically, with all the complaints that Dublin did not play Longford in Longford this year, Longford subsequently gave up home advantage and played Kildare in Mullingar, their second match at a neutral venue in the championship, having already played Dublin in Croke Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'd give my grannies left testicle to be from Longford right now. Or Carlow. Or Leitrim. Or anyone of those other makey uppy counties. That sick feeling in the pit of the stomach is here & it won't go away for the next 24 hours and 70 minutes. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Flukey wrote: »
    Home advantage? :eek: When did they switch the game to Parnell Park? How are they going to get 82,300 people in there? I have a Hogan Stand ticket, so where do I sit now? Are all the upper decks people going to have to sit on the rooves of the stand and terraces? It'll be a logistical nightmare. What about the poor Kerry folk? Most of them won't have a clue where Parnell Park is, though a few of our fans won't either.

I'd say most fans of both teams would not have a clue where Parnell Park is,or indeed ever been there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Flukey wrote: »
    How many of tomorrow's supporters will be at any of these?

I do so enjoy people saying that Dubs don't travel for games, and the glazed look in their eyes when I tell them about my 300 mile round trip journey to croker usually in the one day.

Know that's not the point you were making flukey, annoys me the fair weathers can get tickets no problem and I do have to scramble at times!

Sure at away league games, the Dubs usually out number the locals half the time.

GAAman wrote:
    Know that's not the point you were making flukey, annoys me the fair weathers can get tickets no problem and I do have to scramble at times!

I'll be at as many as possible anyway, that usually means all of them maybe missing one.

There should be more season tickets for lads like yourself GaaMan.a

Flukey wrote:
    Saturday 13 February 2016 - 7pm - Tipperary - Away - ( H )
    Flukey wrote:
    Saturday 2 April 2016 - 7pm - Roscommon - Away - ( F )

Looking forward to these trips already.

Do the last round of league games not have the same throw in time.... 3 o'clock on the Sunday?

I think that's the provisional list of fixtures...who plays who in each round is set, but the specific time and day is yet to be confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Not long now till Des and Grainne. Looking forward too seeing what Grainne will have on tonight.

She was wearing some sort of weird leather outfit in the promo. That'll float a few boats here...others not so much...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Not long now till Des and Grainne. Looking forward too seeing what Grainne will have on tonight.

...and Des.

• Advertisement

...and Des.

leather too

...and Des.

Sorry yeah,I forget Des too. He gives Marty a run in the looks department :pac:

Christ, if I am getting this emotional seeing the Dublin flag being carried into the RTE studio, for the 3rd time in 4 years, what kind of a state will I be in, this time tomorrow? :o

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Christ, if I am getting this emotional seeing the Dublin flag being carried into the RTE studio, for the 3rd time in 4 years, what kind of a state will I be in, this time tomorrow? :o

Pissed out of your tree celebrating Sam resting by The Liffey for the 3rd time in 5 years ;).

Maith an fear ! :D

Never gets old seeing Kevin Macs goal. The Hill when it went it just exploded,never seen anything like it.

It's a shame Tomas O'Se was so media shy during his playing days, coz he's great craic.

It's a shame Tomas O'Se was so media shy during his playing days, coz he's great craic.

Yeah seems like a nice lad, although I like my sportsmen to not be interviewed as it often leads to disappointment.

Some hooter on your wan. :eek:

• Advertisement

I'll be at as many as possible anyway, that usually means all of them maybe missing one.

There should be more season tickets for lads like yourself GaaMan.a

I had the season ticket for a couple of years had to give it up during a bit of belt tightening unfortunately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dats_right

The nerves have set in. Have the usual final morning fry. Read the coverage of the game in the papers and on Boards then get ready to go into town for the game #bestdayoftheyear

Collywobbles are in lads COYBIB!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Jesus me head.

I've approximately 26 pieces of bacon on to get me through this hangover. I don't know if anyone takes their breakfast pudding as serious as myself, but Rudds is the dogs nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Still in desperate need of one ticket! Going to get up in the next hour and head into town and try pick up one

Good morning troops.

D-Day is finally here.

Man (and woman) those battle stations.

We have a job to do !

COYBIB !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Anybody know where Team are staying. Gibson hotel. (I think).

???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Good luck to the Dubs today, you can do it.

Still not excited, think its been pushed back by my disappointment of not having a ticket. I think it'll be a great game though.

I've heard talk of a lot of Kerry clubs getting Hill tickets, as their "normal" allocation of stand tickets went to the people who were involved in the raising of those 1 million smackers last year. Cue lots of pissed off people not bothering traveling, as they don't want to be stuck on the Hill amid all the Dublin riff raff. So they are sending their tickets up to Dublin to be sold. If that is true, there should be even more tickets floating around the usual Kerry pre game locations than normal.

Today's the day. It's Christmas Day for GAA fans. Santa's bringing Sam to Dublin. Come on the Dubs! Have a great day everyone. If any of you are going there, enjoy Coppers. ;) See you in Merrion Square tomorrow night! :)

• Advertisement

IMAG0887.jpg?dl=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Heading into the Gresham will stay in touch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Up and at them...

The belly has started to turn.

Fry. Pint in the Parrot. Then to my seat in the Cusack.

#COYBIB

Heading in now.

Here's to wonderful day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Still not excited, think its been pushed back by my disappointment of not having a ticket. I think it'll be a great game though.

Check your pulse..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

I've heard talk of a lot of Kerry clubs getting Hill tickets, as their "normal" allocation of stand tickets went to the people who were involved in the raising of those 1 million smackers last year. Cue lots of pissed off people not bothering traveling, as they don't want to be stuck on the Hill amid all the Dublin riff raff. So they are sending their tickets up to Dublin to be sold. If that is true, there should be even more tickets floating around the usual Kerry pre game locations than normal.

Same as 2011, more than enough Hill 16 been swapped or sold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Last minute ticket, replacing a sick kerry fan.

In with the enemy

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Last minute ticket, replacing a sick kerry fan.

In with the enemy

Lucky sod, enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

In the Shakesphere...rotten smell of food but need a seat as im getting ready to play every ball in the game.

Whatever happens today im so proud of the boys in blue this season. Just one hurdle to go....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement