Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

They should just stop the clock when giving a yellow card, problem solved, way better than the mens system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/over-12k-stolen-from-gaa-stars-alan-and-bernard-brogans-club-in-early-morning-robbery-31566692.html

€12k stolen from St Oliver Plunkett's/Eoghan Ruadh club house.

Hopefully they have some insurance which covers this. Substantial amount for a club. Sickening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/over-12k-stolen-from-gaa-stars-alan-and-bernard-brogans-club-in-early-morning-robbery-31566692.html

€12k stolen from St Oliver Plunkett's/Eoghan Ruadh club house.

Hopefully they have some insurance which covers this. Substantial amount for a club. Sickening.

Yeah an awful kick in the rocks for all the hard working volunteers in the club. Unfortunately the jist of the article would suggest the perpetrators had enough knowledge of the club to make their crime a straight forward task

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Philly is gonna be on The Last Word with Matt Cooper later today.

I can see MC sharpening the knives already.

MC - So Philly, what's it like to be the most hated man in Ireland right now ?

Philly - Ah, it could be worse Matt. I could be from Cork. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

He's on right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Gryire

wackokid wrote: »
    Sure Colm O Rourke is the main instigator at dividing Dublin hoping that Meath might bate one half.
    I don't know anybody else who begrudges the Dubs their hours in the sun, or should I say years.
    Ok, if youz do the 5 in row I will love ye all the more. Wouldn't that sicken Spillane? LOL

I think Kerry should be split in 2 for football. Over last 30 year, 20 year and 10 year periods they have reached more finals, won more finals, won 2-in-a-row, 3-in-a-row. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

...............and Cork should enter their ladies football team into the mens All Ireland.

They'd have a much better chance:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Philly is gonna be on The Last Word with Matt Cooper later today.

I can see MC sharpening the knives already.

MC - So Philly, what's it like to be the most hated man in Ireland right now ?

Philly - Ah, it could be worse Matt. I could be from Cork. :D

He came across very well.

He did indeed. All of Ballymun is very proud of him. Let the chips fall where they may when it comes to the disciplinary stuff. At the end of the day, its just a game. What he is doing is making real and concrete contribution to the lives of people who are most in need of it. How many other GAA players can can say that?

I'd say half the teams in the country would $hit themselves at the mere sight of the Cork langerettes !

Anyone watch the full TSG replay of the final back yet? I've made several attempts, but I keep fast forwarding to the last 10 minutes of the game and only watching on from there. I've the will power of a potted plant ! :rolleyes:

I'm worse again - have watched the Mayo replay twice but have yet to pull the trigger on the final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

DoctaDee wrote: »
    I'm worse again - have watched the Mayo replay twice but have yet to pull the trigger on the final

I'm the same. The first time I've completely avoided rewatching anything of the final, watched loads of the Mayo replay though. Hopefully when we win next years final it'll be a better game ;)

Yeah, I think the quality of the game is putting me off too. I don't want my buzz & euphoria from the win, to be diminishing by watching a bunch of drunken poodles, skidding around an ice rink. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I watched all three. Final is set to "Keep" on the Sky box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Fenton never made young player of the year shortlist??

Outside the age? Baffled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Gerlad

but1er wrote: »

Outside the age? Baffled

Don't be. Its for u21s. Fenton is 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JLFC

Gerlad wrote: »
    Don't be. Its for u21s. Fenton is 22.

Sorry that's incorrect. It is for u 23's, so Fenton would be eligible.

Absoloutly farcical he didn't get a nomination, especially when Ryan McHugh & Wylie did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I'd almost expect Dublin to cover the 2-7 bracket in the All Stars - although Lee Keegan at 5 will probably get the nod over James McC.

Brian Fenton a shoe in at 8

Can only see BB and CK getting one in the forwards, but maybe Andrews did enough over the last 2 games to sneak in??

JLFC wrote: »
    Sorry that's incorrect. It is for u 23's, so Fenton would be eligible.

Absoloutly farcical he didn't get a nomination, especially when Ryan McHugh & Wylie did.

Ryan McHugh did ????? :eek:

Slattsy wrote: »
    Ryan McHugh did ????? :eek:

Yep & Drew Wylie off Monaghan.

I am not from Dublin but that's shocking.

• Advertisement

JLFC wrote: »
    Yep & Drew Wylie off Monaghan.

I am not from Dublin but that's shocking.

Wow

It's Ryan Wylie who was nominated and not Drew.

It is definitely u21 for YPOTY. Sure Kilkenny and Jack Mc would still qualify if it was u23. Thus Fenton is overage for it.

It's Ryan Wylie who was nominated and not Drew.

It is definitely u21 for YPOTY. Sure Kilkenny and Jack Mc would still qualify if it was u23. Thus Fenton is overage for it.

Sorry Ryan

It is u23, take that as fact. He was eligible, yes Kilkenny & McCaffrey would be eligible for it.

We'll agree to disagree - I know for a fact its u21 - you had to be eligible to play in the u21 championship this year. The nominees would also back this up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

We'll agree to disagree - I know for a fact its u21 - you had to be eligible to play in the u21 championship this year. The nominees would also back this up.

you're 100% correct in this. You have to have been U21 in the year of the award. I'm not sure why every year this confusion keeps being brought up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

I just read that McMahon is appealing the eye gouge ban. What is that all about?

• Advertisement

Smashing achievement to have all 3 POTY nominees also. BB Philly and Jack Mc

Would love to see Philly get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

Would love to see Philly win it too, apart from the fact he deserves it seeing everyone go mad at him winning it will be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

but1er wrote:

Regardless, he might get an all star, apart from some of us who hoped he'd maintain his progress who'd have thought we'd have a potential all star at midfield.
    So many under 21s have faded as championships move towards finals, but this guy did the opposite, looked like carthy had his spot, possibly sixth choice midfielder at the start of the league to possibly Dublins best midfielder at the end of the championship.
    I still think Bastic was more important to us though, I know I'm outside the general thinking in that regard.

I agree. Basticks importance will only be rated once he is gone, or is no longer an option to bring off the bench, if things are going pear shaped around the middle. Also love how seamlessly he and Cian operate together. When Cian drops back to sweep, Dennis moves back into the half back line & gives an added defensive solidity there, that you just don't get with MDMA.

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote:
    Dennis moves back into the half back line & gives an added defensive solidity there, that you just don't get with MDMA.
    MDMA was in good club form tonight, scored a couple, set up a couple, played the ball in that ended up as a penno.

Fenton didn't play for raheney either.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EnergyBlaster

Stoner wrote: »
    MDMA was in good club form tonight, scored a couple, set up a couple, played the ball in that ended up as a penno.

Fenton didn't play for raheney either.

You don't happen to have the lineups from that match do you?

EnergyBlaster, the line ups from both games are here

https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial/media

Fenton picked up a knock at the end of the AI final, didn't he? Raheny could have done with him tonight. SOPER only won by 5 & it was a tight enough affair until the last 10 minutes. I think they were expected to win by a lot more. Ross McConnell hoovered up a lot of ball in midfield, that he probably wouldn't have got to if young Fenton was around to keep him honest. Would have offered up more of a scoring threat too, as Raheny kicked a lot of really terrible wides. Left before half time of the second game. For some reason, my brain just can't quite remember that the first game back at PP, under the lights, is always bloody freezing !

Can't wait for tomorrows BK v Vincents game. Talk about a cracker.

You don't happen to have the lineups from that match do you?

I do. I have the program I'll post it later.

Seems I was wrong mdma only got one point.

Teams named here too
    http://the42.ie/2365818

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

McCauley had a few nice touches alright but i wasn't that impressed with him jogging around for long stretches. O' Mahony put in some shift on the cover for him. Thought the Boden half back line were excellent.

Looking forward to tomorrow too. Should be another close one.

Surpisingly tame affair at PP this evening, considering all the hype surrounding the fixture. It was close enough in the first half, but BK handed Vincents so many handy frees on a platter, you'd wonder how they'd do against a more disciplined team. But they really pulled away in the second half, with some really exceptional point taking. Nathan Mullins the Man of the Match....even has the long flowing blondy hair, just like his Da. It's hard to see past them for the 3 in a row.

The draw for the quarters is out. Boden v Plunkets being the pick of the bunch for me. Judes v Na Fianna should be a crackers too. Cooper v Kev Mc. Have at it lads !

'Boden v SOPER
    Vincents v Lucan
    St Anne's v Clontarf
    Na Fianna v Jude's

Didn't make it tonight ProudDub with a 3 month old I dont get double double headers on weekends anymore.

Did McCarthy play well. It seems BK struggle for forwards, mossy is still popping them over the bar too.

Would have been shouting for BK if I was there, I always pick a side.
    BK underachieving at club level recently, they've plenty of good footballers.

None of the established BK inter county lads really shone to be honest. Small was undoubtedly the best of the bunch. McCarthy spent more time in midfield, than he would for the Dubs & and its not the position that he's really made for.

There's a slickness about Vincents thats going to be hard to match. You could do worse than lump on at 4/5 imo.

Ger Brennan calls it a day

Not a shock but still.

He wasn't universally liked as an inter county player but i have to say he was always one of favourite players to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

i see Ger Brennan has called time on his intercounty career

Sorry didnt see your post above Corny,boards site playing up lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

Saw 2 of our younger panelists on Saturday evening in the 'B'. Costello was definitley better in the 2nd half when he came out looking for the ball, kicked a few nice points. He didn't do a thing in the first half at 14 but our lad done well on him. Eric Lowndes did his job at 6 without getting too involved, never does unless things are getting tough for us.

Ger Brennan retired. Good luck and thanks to him. Great game in the final in 2013 his highlight for me.
    We'll miss him, a lot of the more physical players have left the panel since 2011.
    Corny and I will need to find something else to disagree about now.

Third day in a row now that Boards is gobbling up posts, pages are disappearing & Error 404 messages. :confused:

Do the powers that be not realize that the Footballer of the Year gong isn't handed out for another month yet? Lads, take yer finger of the red button. Be grand shure.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Are there any dates set for rest of Leinster SFC?

Anyone direct me to Leinster gaa club SFC fixtures list? Thanks

SF quarter finals

'Boden v SOPER
    Vincents v Lucan
    St Anne's v Clontarf
    Na Fianna v Jude's

The weekend of October 17/18. Specific days and times not announced yet.

Hill16.ie will have all the official listings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

BKWDR wrote: »
    Anyone direct me to Leinster gaa club SFC fixtures list? Thanks
    Is this what you want?

Great guys

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Not a Dublin man but happened to drop into the game between Vincents and Ballymun the other day.

I came away with one thought - does Diarmuid Connolly play at 100% - I'm not saying that in a bad way but I think he does things with such ease that it almost looks like he has another gear and if he has it'll be something to watch if he clicks into top gear!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement