Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

St2304 wrote: »
    Hi there

I'm a qualified sports Physio with 6years private prac experience and gaa sports experience.

Recently moved to south Dublin area working as Physio and looking for some additional sports work with a Dublin gaa team and wondering if anyone knew of any teams looking?

Many thanks!

S

Howya, there was a big overhaul of the GAA player injury scheme and how it relates to physio expenses a few years back.
    Only post-op treatments qualify now, and are by referral basis from a GP to a Chartered Physio (well this is the way it should work). You may find this relationship a tough one to walk in on - a lot of medical centres would have the GP in one door and the physio next door down :rolleyes: The process is tightly controlled with oversight in both local and GAA circles

The 2nd avenue open to you is to contact clubs in your local area - I'd start with those that have a Senior or AFL3 team and see whether they require a physio on the line on match days. I don't know how we ever survivied without one :pac:, but young fellas these days like the idea of strappings and rubbings pre match coupled with the security of a qualified person should a twinge or something more serious occur in a game.

You find that clubs get "professionally" minded when the championship comes round so there may be an opening here. This is generally seen as an ad hoc relationship between you and the club with a bit of horse trading on your professional fees per match. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Temp Barry

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Yeah I think you can also add Vinny Whelan from St. Maurs to the list. Much like Supple he had a background in keeping goal across the water. I seem to remember him playing outfield for Maurs when Alan Durnan kept goals. Actually you can add Durnan too nearly sure he has an O'Byrne cup appearance under his belt too

That's right. Whelan was third choice last year, ahead of Savage but behind Supple and Cluxton. Saw game time in the O'Byrne Cup last year. Pretty sure he's never actually played in goals for Maurs at senior level, plays midfield. But he was keeper for the Dubs U21s when Jim Gavin won his first All Ireland title as manager. Hasn't been involved this year as Currie (who wasn't involved last year at all due to Mun's run in the club championship) and Molloy (just out of minor last year) have come in.

Paper talk about Savage being recalled, but I don't think that's the case.

Supple is available to start if called upon, but I believe he's not interested in being a sub again, so he's unlikely to be called up.

Durnan might have got one league game, definitely played O'Byrne Cup. But if I was to guess I'd say that was pre 2002, before Cluxton came on the scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

DUBLIN (SF v Tyrone)
    Seán Currie (Ballymun Kickhams)
    Jonny Cooper (Na Fianna)
    Rory O'Carroll (Kilmacud Crokes)
    Darren Daly (Fingal Ravens)
    James McCarthy (Ballymun Kickhams)
    Cian O'Sullivan (Kilmacud Crokes)
    Kevin Nolan (Kilmacud Crokes)
    Michael Darragh Macauley (Ballyboden St Enda's)
    Tomás Brady (Na Fianna)
    Paddy Andrews (St Brigid's)
    Alan Brogan (St Oliver Plunkett's/Eoghan Ruadh)
    Diarmuid Connolly (St Vincent's)
    Kevin McManamon (St Jude's)
    Eoghan O'Gara (Templeogue Synge St)
    Bernard Brogan (St Oliver Plunkett's/Eoghan Ruadh)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

Flynner went off with concussion TV, I'm guessing it was the coming together down the Hogan side when he was 2nd fav to the ball and sorta ran into a shoulder.

COS was 2nd best all 1st half - was giving his man 2-3 yards everytime - his subbing @ HT, coupled with him reverting to HB line may indicate that he was carrying a knock or certainly he wasn't at 100%.

ROC did quite well for his 1st game back, the long punt into Freeman was his bread and butter. Cooper was immense in his defending 1st half and he was driving on in the last 10 mins of the game from in around the HB line - Dublins MOTM. Buttsy Daly is growing nicely into his defensive role and has a fair degree of adaptablity which will serve him well.

MDM did what he usually does this time of year - (remember Killarney), he looks to confrontation - in fairness he put in a decent shift towards the end of the game. Tomas Brady isn't a midfielder would be my best take on his restricted performance. Nolan & McCarthy were distinctly average and fumbled their way thru a lot of the game - handling was very poor at times.

Alan Brogan had a great start to the game and his little dink into O'Gara for the equalising goal was sublime - there was just a few occasions when I felt he was a lot like Bernard and thought it was The Alan Show wasting opportunities to better placed players in pursuit of his own bit of glory.

I thought Costello had a fine game, ploughing the lone furrow at times - he probably stayed on the field a little longer than Gavin/Dessie Farrell would've liked with the U21 this Wednesday.

I think Kev Mc's goal was a great validation of his goal against Kerry last year, takes a lot of skill to recognise the goalkeeper 3-4 off his line - in slow-mo on TG4 yesterday you could see the topspin he put on the ball .. anyone for tennis..

Do we really need a league semi final .. I'm thinkin yes, if only to see the reintroduction of Bernard and the chance to iron out a lot of the shortcomings on Saturday. There were times it looked like the lads had met for the 1st time a few hours before the game
    Only saw 2nd halfdidnt notice any greedy bits from Alan-thought he was very impressive,thats all the rest of us need is Dublin havin another option in the forwards:).
    Re Kevs goal-great finish, but he was goin for a point against Kerry-he pretty much admitted it himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Does anyone know what live game is on TG4 today, the listings don't mention which game. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Does anyone know what live game is on TG4 today, the listings don't mention which game. Cheers.

Tyrone/Dublin match is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Yeah I think you can also add Vinny Whelan from St. Maurs to the list. Much like Supple he had a background in keeping goal across the water. I seem to remember him playing outfield for Maurs when Alan Durnan kept goals. Actually you can add Durnan too nearly sure he has an O'Byrne cup appearance under his belt too

Vinny played a few O'Byrne cup games for Dublin. Very good keeper with a massive kick-out. Played across channel for Wrexham.
    Alan Durnan played O'Byrne cup but before Cluxton came on scene. Vinny plays outfield for Maurs with Mark Butterly in goal.
    Excellent young keeper coming on scene in Maurs who played Senior championship last year as 17yr old. Mark Browne. He has also played a few senior league games. Dont know why he didn't get minor run. He was not on development squads but excellent all round keeper.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

An Citeog wrote: »
    Tyrone/Dublin match is on.

And I believe full deferred coverage of Kerry v Cork afterward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

That was an awful decision for the red card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Only watched the last 15 mins but what is the ref doing? Dive for the penalty and ROC wrongly sent off. Do Dublin still get all the decisions their way?

• Advertisement

Thank Christ, made it very hard for ourselves today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Only watched the last 15 mins but what is the ref doing? Dive for the penalty and ROC wrongly sent off. Do Dublin still get all the decisions their way?

The keeper brought the player down when he had rounded him, the fact that he went down slightly theatrically doesn't make it less a foul. Yet again the dubs get out of jail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Great win today. Never easy beating Tyrone especially on there own patch.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    The keeper brought the player down when he had rounded him, the fact that he went down slightly theatrically doesn't make it less a foul. Yet again the dubs get out of jail.

And the red card?

Almost put ourselves in jail more like ;) really sloppy second half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I couldn't go and had to rely on a really sh1tty commentary on radio 1 for updates.

How did it really go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Woeful second half. Wiped out in midfield yet again.

Credit to them for getting the result but it was more difficult then it needed to be.

Can't see us beating Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Woeful second half. Wiped out in midfield yet again.

Credit to them for getting the result but it was more difficult then it needed to be.

Can't see us beating Cork.

I certainly can. Cluxton will be back. So will Bernard hopefully. And no Martin Duffy. Has to improve our chances dramatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I certainly can. Cluxton will be back. So will Bernard hopefully. And no Martin Duffy. Has to improve our changes dramatically.

I'm quite happy to be wrong. :pac:

Will need to improve on the performances we've shown so far.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I certainly can. Cluxton will be back. So will Bernard hopefully. And no Martin Duffy. Has to improve our chances dramatically.

Agreed, Cork are looking really good, but of course we could beat them.

Duffy was farcical today, O'Carroll gets two yellows and sent off, first appeared to be because Duffy thought he was someone else. Second was for cleanly taking the ball in magnificent tackle.

Will have to see peno again, but appeared to be little or no contact and a flop style dive.

The officials have been consistently terrible again this year, Armagh felt the brunt of it but it's still causing issues for all teams. Luckily the black card rule has meant less fouling a little less opportunity for the officials to get involved.

• Advertisement

Cork have been the most impressive team i have seen this year.

Should be a great game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

I am just trying to find justification to get one of the Parnell Park season tickets. Would anyone know how manyy home games in Parnell Park or Croker the Dubs will be playing next season in both codes. Would it be based on how many games were at home this season i.e only 2 in the hurling and 4 in the football thus next season their will be 2 home in the football and 3 in the hurling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭bren2001

billyhead wrote: »
    I am just trying to find justification to get one of the Parnell Park season tickets. Would anyone know how manyy home games in Parnell Park or Croker the Dubs will be playing next season in both codes. Would it be based on how many games were at home this season i.e only 2 in the hurling and 4 in the football thus next season their will be 2 home in the football and 3 in the hurling?

3 in football and 3 in hurling next year. Plus all the club championship games.

Kildare getting relegated probably means one less "home" game for us, or is that the next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Kildare getting relegated probably means one less "home" game for us, or is that the next year

This year against Kildare was a home fixture. Last year they switched to Croker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Joekers

4pm Croke Park confirmed, Mayo v Derry 2pm throw in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

will parnell pass get you in for nothing or do i have to pay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Thought yesterdays game was a strange one. I agree that the Keeper should have received a black card, I also don't think it would have made much of a difference as there were subs left.

ROC second yellow was harsh, but so was the Tyrone black card IMHO, he should have just given him a yellow and played the advantage, Dublin were in a great position when he blew it up as O'Gara still passed the ball.

Connellys point under pressure was well taken, puts some light of some of the rubbish written about his fitness getting him through and that he only comes good when his man is tired. Regardless it was a fine point, he also times when to shine very well that is part of reading the game IMHO not just being super fit.

Great fight back from Tyrone, they had great support there too, I honestly dont think they deserved that black card, lots of moaning by Harte in the news today, I think there were a number of things missed at the game, like the treatment for Whelan when he was in on goal in the second half was a black card IMHO, all in all there were a few strange decisions running in both directions.

It was a very confusing day out , the scoreboard was wrong for half the match, the clock was stopped on 29min in the first half and set to 00:00 for the last 5 min and the extra time.

Ciaran Reddin was named to start at No 6 for Dublin, and both Brogans had their names called out. Whelan started and was not called out. Must have been the first time in years I had no program and I was lost.

Final point I though Whelan had his best game for dublin IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Stoner wrote: »

Connellys point under pressure was well taken, puts some light of some of the rubbish written about his fitness getting him through and that he only comes good when his man is tired. Regardless it was a fine point, he also times when to shine very well that is part of reading the game IMHO not just being super fit.

I believe thats directed at me so i'll bite.

Rubbish? How so? Point was in the last minute so how it makes a case against what i said i'm not sure. Taken in isolation it proves my point no? (comes more to the fore as the game goes on).

Rubbish retort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

but1er wrote: »
    will parnell pass get you in for nothing or do i have to pay?

As far as I know Parnell Pass holders have to pay, however GAA Season tickets holders are free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

celticbest wrote: »
    As far as I know Parnell Pass holders have to pay, however GAA Season tickets holders are free.

Yup no freebie for semi (or in the unlikely event final :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Cork are the form team right now and Hurley is playing some serious stuff. Colm' O Neill is back as well.

We should have the closest thing to our first 15 all year though. The full back line looks settled, Cluxton will be back, maybe Brennan and Bernard as well. Flynn should come in as well.

I give Cork the edge for this just because their team has been more settled throughout the league. We've been changing the first 15 a lot and could have guys like Flynn, Bernard, Brennan, Connolly and Nolan who've either not played at all or played very little county football this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

Dublin have used 35 players in 7 league games.Appearances+Subs for 2014 League Games

Cooper, Jonny 7
    Macauley, Michael Darragh 6+1
    O'Gara, Eoghan 5+2
    Cluxton, Stephen 6
    McMahon, Philip 6
    McManamon, Kevin 6
    O'Sullivan, Cian 6
    Byrne, Davy(Ballymun) 2+4
    McCaffrey, Jack 2+4
    Nelson, Darragh 2+4
    Fitzsimons, Michael 5
    Brogan, Alan 4+1
    Reddin, Ciaran 4+1
    Nolan, Kevin 2+3
    Cullen, Bryan 4
    George, Sean 4
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 4
    McCarthy, James 4
    Andrews, Paddy 3+1
    Costello, Cormac 3+1
    Brady, Tomas 2+2
    Carty, Shane 2+2
    Lowndes, Eric 3
    Daly, Darren 2+1
    Hudson, Paul 1+2
    Whelan, Jason 1+2
    Devereux, Nicky 0+3
    Connolly, Diarmuid 2
    Flynn, Paul 2
    O'Carroll, Rory 2
    Currie, Sean 1+1
    O'Mahony, Declan 1+1
    Mannion, Paul 0+2
    O'Brien, Kevin 0+1
    Watson, Daniel 0+1

Dublin have scored 9-99 in 7 and conceded 8-94 in 7 league games. Scorers 2014 League Games

McManamon, Kevin 2-16
    O'Gara, Eoghan 3-2
    Costello, Cormac 0-10
    Brogan, Alan 0-9
    Cluxton, Stephen 0-9
    Andrews, Paddy 1-5
    Connolly, Diarmuid 0-7
    Hudson, Paul 0-7
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 0-6
    Whelan, Jason 1-3
    Reddin, Ciaran 0-4
    Macauley, Michael Darragh 1-1
    McCarthy, James 1-1
    Carty, Shane 0-3
    Byrne, Davy(Ballymun) 0-2
    Cooper, Jonny 0-2
    Cullen, Bryan 0-2
    Mannion, Paul 0-2
    McMahon, Philip 0-2
    O'Sullivan, Cian 0-2
    Brady, Tomas 0-1
    Flynn, Paul 0-1
    McCaffrey, Jack 0-1
    Nelson, Darragh 0-1

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

I'm looking for a kids Dubs jersey for a few nieces and nephews, doesn't have to be the current one - anyone know where they might be going cheaper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Joekers

grimbergen wrote: »
    I'm looking for a kids Dubs jersey for a few nieces and nephews, doesn't have to be the current one - anyone know where they might be going cheaper?

O'Neills on the long mile rd is your best bet usually have all the old jerseys at knockdown prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Joekers wrote: »
    O'Neills on the long mile rd is your best bet usually have all the old jerseys at knockdown prices

Yep. They have the old Vodafone jerseys for babies/toddlers on sale for a tenner. They have the regular jersey and the navy keepers one too. The matching shorts and jersey sets are 25 euros. They have tons of the older jerseys for older kids too, but I didn't look too see how much they are, as I wasn't shopping for anything for older kids. The sale section is upstairs & the Dubs stuff is over by the window, at the back. All of the current AIG stuff is downstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

What a unbelievable performance from the boys today.

Each to a man,just pure brilliance and to come from 10 points down shows the true heart and character this Dublin side possesses.

We really are going to take some stopping this year. I reckon back to back trebles is on the cards :D

Come on THE DUBS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, the first 35 minutes were shameful

Very true.

The old cliche of Jekyll and Hyde is very appropriate.

They played appallingly in the first half. By the same token they looked unbeatable in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Did Dublin play their U21 lads today or rest them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Lemlin wrote: »
    Did Dublin play their U21 lads today or rest them?

No Cormac Costello or Jack McCaffrey today.

Shane Carthy, Eric Lowdnes and Paul Mannion were also rested.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Past30Now

Absolute rubbish,not the quote, but the first half performance.

I've read a few accounts of the game, and I am coming to the conclusion that the sports journalists in this country are too polite. Other than the fact that Declan O'Mahony was substituted at half time, no mention was made of him in any report. Nobody said that it is obvious based on that half of football, that he shouldn't be next nor near the senior inter county panel. No movement, no effort (I'm being unfair saying no effort), no pace. He competed well for the first three kickouts from the Cork keeper, by which time they figured out that "bringing him for a walk" would find him out. There was one passage of play mid way through the first half which encapsulated the first half for me. The Cork midfielder Andrew O'Sullivan took three steps back, and then ran 15-20 yards to collect the kickout. He hand passed to one of the half backs, ran 30 yards towards the Dublin goal and collected the return pass. Our midfielder marking him at the time was within five yards of where he started when their guy took the three steps back.

I hate to give out about a Dublin player,but this was basic movement. He's played O'Byrne Cup for us for the last few years, and had 10 good minutes this season in one of the OBC matches, but there has to be any number of players playing senior/intermediate club football who'd have more ability and pace.

He wasn't the only player who was abysmal for us yesterday. I thought Kevin Mc played himself out of the first team. Paddy Andrews was weak enough in the first half,and Jason Whelan was one of five or six players who could have been hooked in the first half.

Negatives out of the way, I thought the second half was the most entertaining 30 minutes of football since the AI semi against Kerry last year. O'Gara has to start if he's fit and available. Our full back line recovered from a very shaky first half to performing at the highest level in the second half. Paul Flynn proved he is a genuine option in midfield and only started to blow with a minute or two left. Thats the first 70 minutes he's played for a long time. MDMA was excellent and blew their midfield away in the second half. Dermo is the best footballer in the country at the moment. Alan Brogan looked really fit, and was still going late into the game.

Overall very positive, a lot of talent to come back into the reckoning, a win and another game to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Past30Now

On a different issue, I was disappointed with the tickets I got for yesterday's double header. S302 row X. I appreciate that there are season ticket holders from four counties to be catered for, but these were pretty bad.

Fortunately, the way the game panned out, I had a front line seat for Cork dismantling Dublin in the first half, and our avalanche of scores in the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Gary Neville

Very true.

The old cliche of Jekyll and Hyde is very appropriate.

They played appallingly in the first half. By the same token they looked unbeatable in the second half.

There is no denying that Dublin dished out a serious lesson to Cork. 2-11 to 0-7 after 37 minutes. 2-20 to 2-13 FT. Dublin collapsed v Cork in the 2010 Semi and 2011 League Final but nothing like yesterday.

However, Cork had 4 players back after serious ops with 1 game started each and v little club action. They were not match fit - Jamie O Sullivan passed striaght to a Dub for the goal.

Dublin won by 7 pts but there were a few factors that helped - The goal was very fortunate - a pass from Cork and then off the upright, stright to MDMC. The penalty was extremely soft - if penalties are awarded for that level of contact then we have a no-contact sport. And Dublin will not come up against a keeper, again, that kicks the ball to them at every opportunity - O Halloran's kicking was abysmal. I'd say he kicked more ball to Dublin players than Cluxton.
    Cork are a side with good forwards but a very weak MF and an unsettled defence.
    Dublin would not have come back against a battle hardened outfit like Donegal.

There is no denying that Dublin dished out a serious lesson to Cork. 2-11 to 0-7 after 37 minutes. 2-20 to 2-13 FT. Dublin collapsed v Cork in the 2010 Semi and 2011 League Final but nothing like yesterday.

However, Cork had 4 players back after serious ops with 1 game started each and v little club action. They were not match fit - Jamie O Sullivan passed striaght to a Dub for the goal.

Dublin won by 7 pts but there were a few factors that helped - The goal was very fortunate - a pass from Cork and then off the upright, stright to MDMC. The penalty was extremely soft - if penalties are awarded for that level of contact then we have a no-contact sport. And Dublin will not come up against a keeper, again, that kicks the ball to them at every opportunity - O Halloran's kicking was abysmal. I'd say he kicked more ball to Dublin players than Cluxton.
    Cork are a side with good forwards but a very weak MF and an unsettled defence.

But Donegal probably wouldnt have scored as much as Cork had? Second Cork goal also had its fair slice of luck as well.

Great second half to be a dub, but wouldnt read too much into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Eoghan O'Gara must be the most underrated player in the country at this stage? Absolutely absurd the lack of credit he gets and some of the guys who get picked ahead of him, he's terrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

keane2097 wrote: »
    Eoghan O'Gara must be the most underrated player in the country at this stage? Absolutely absurd the lack of credit he gets and some of the guys who get picked ahead of him, he's terrific.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

keane2097 wrote: »

He's very hot and cold like most of our forwards, one game he'll do everything immaculately, the next he'll hit 8 wides..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Dublin have a good panel and hopefully should give some of the second choice panellists a run through Leinster to bring them on. It will also put the Number ones under pressure. Of course when it comes to knockout days in August it's great to have the experience on the bench when needed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Dublin dont have to worry about "battle hardened" teams like Donegal as they are not in our Division this year, they are in the one below us.

Neither would they have found themselves in such a position against said team.

Cork have been fanstatic this year, they were unbeaten in 6 games previous to the Dublin game so please compare like with like. Cork dominated the first half to such an extent that to many they were clear and out of sight. Like most games, its the best of two half that win you the game.

Cork will be back in the championship. I fully expect them to sail through Munster this year and be around come the Final.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement