Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Milk

Options
  • 03-01-2014 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

Hey

What milk do you guys drink ? I thought that organic , non gmo soy was the best (tesco) but there are loads of stories on line saying that soy is unhealthy - regardless of organic etc ?

Any opinions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I've read loads over the years about the negative health impacts of soy based products but I've been drinking soya milk (and using soya based products) for years and I'm still going! A lot of them have loads of crap added but I prefer the nice clean ones - Soya Soleil Unsweetened or Sojade Soya Natural would be my preferences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

but why do you drink it with all the negative stories ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

We use the Alpro organic soy milk for cooking and for use in tea as it doesn't curdle. We also like organic rice milk for drinking straight up! I find it to be the creamiest.

We use the Alpro organic soy milk for cooking and for use in tea as it doesn't curdle. We also like organic rice milk for drinking straight up! I find it to be the creamiest.

is organic rice milk good for you or does it have all the scare stories that soy has ?

think i am going to make my own almond milk - its the only way to be sure of whats in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I use rice milk for cereal, I'd use soy products in moderation - maybe soy cream in soups and deserts. Almond and hazelnut milk could be good for teas.

and what kind of yoghurts ?

mickman wrote: »
    and what kind of yoghurts ?

I don't eat a lot of yogurt but if I do I like the alpro soy one, again in moderation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

this is one ive been thinking about for a while
    I buy Tesco 'organic' full milk
    but I don't really know what 'organic' means any more!
    anyone any idea how clean and safe (in terms of being free of unhealthy nasties) this milk is?

how do you make almond milk?!

lolo62 wrote: »
    this is one ive been thinking about for a while
    I buy Tesco 'organic' full milk
    but I don't really know what 'organic' means any more!
    anyone any idea how clean and safe (in terms of being free of unhealthy nasties) this milk is?

how do you make almond milk?!

I googled 'make almond milk' http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=make+almond+milk&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I use almond milk, and sometimes hazelnut milk. However, soy milk tastes better in tea

Advertisement