Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fraud alert!! Paid €100 for tom ford sunglasses

Options
  • 03-01-2014 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi all

Please do not buy anything from:

http://www.sunglasshutshop-brands.com/

I bought tom ford glasses for €100 and they sent me really fake and horrible carrera instead:(

Sent them back and never got my money back.

They are fraud so thought would let everyone know.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Truth wins wrote: »
    Hi all

Please do not buy anything from:

http://www.sunglasshutshop-brands.com/

I bought tom ford glasses for €100 and they sent me really fake and horrible carrera instead:(

Sent them back and never got my money back.

They are fraud so thought would let everyone know.

Thanks

If you paid by credit card, contact your bank and ask about doing a charge back.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Truth wins

I did ask but they said that I did place an order and its not upto bank if i got scammed

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

- No telephone number,
    - No returns address or address listed anywhere

Seems to be to good to be true prices, any google for the site either finds links to the site itself or websites saying its likely a scam website. Curious OP how you even became aware of the website?

I was just googling the tom ford glasses and came through this site. I feel sad that in order to save money i bought from them and actually lost the money:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

They are using the sunglass hut logo, so I can completely understand why you would believe they are legit.

The website was only set up in 2014.

• Advertisement

Any way to get the money back you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

I really don't know.....sorry!

But I know people had bought goods from fake Holister/Abercrombie and Fitch sites and got stung too.

Maybe if you google it, you might find a forum that can help.

Good Luck....really hope you do get refunded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

I did ask but they said that I did place an order and its not upto bank if i got scammed

demand a chargeback, simple as. they will send you a document to fill in and that's it. be persistent and you will get your money back

Thanks guys. Bank denied but I am going to call them again and try to get it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That's quite a poorly designed website, which is usually giveaway No 1. Secondly, there is no actual physical address provided which is another indicator. A Whois lookup indicates that it is registered out of Japan.

As other posters have advised, contact your credit card provider ASAP.

I should have checked it :(

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

I had a charge back once. It only took about six months :eek:.
    If you entered your credit card details on this website I'd be more inclined to cancel the card altogether.
    Should've gone to Specsavers :rolleyes:

well, you must be with a ****ty bank then, shouldn't take longer than few days from my experience

They sent me a letter that they found nothing wrong and nothing will be refunded. I got the card cancelled now.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/how-do-i-use-chargeback

Same rules apply here, especially:
    When can chargeback be used?
    Chargeback can be used in cases of goods not arriving, arriving damaged, arriving not as described, or where the merchant has ceased trading.

fake/counterfeit goods are definitely "not as described". be pushy and demand the chargeback procedure to go ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

They sent me a letter that they found nothing wrong and nothing will be refunded. I got the card cancelled now.
    Your bank is incompetent then, tell them to do the chargeback or you're moving to another bank and say you're so upset with their lies and inaction that you may move anyway. Take no crap from the banks!

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    well, you must be with a ****ty bank then, shouldn't take longer than few days from my experience

Ah come on now. Even to receive and return the paperwork will take longer than a few days. They don't just take your word for it that you've been scammed, they have to investigate it and you can be sure that they'll use the '28 days to reply' line to drag it out a bit.

OP, it's good that you cancelled the card. I think you might have to put the loss of your money down to experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

ScumLord wrote: »
    Your bank is incompetent then, tell them to do the chargeback or you're moving to another bank and say you're so upset with their lies and inaction that you may move anyway. Take no crap from the banks!

One of the conditions (with AIB) was to send the product back to the seller and provide them with a proof of postage. The only problem was there was no address provided:confused: Friend of mine gave up after few weeks. Good luck OP.

emeldc wrote: »
    Ah come on now. Even to receive and return the paperwork will take longer than a few days. They don't just take your word for it that you've been scammed, they have to investigate it and you can be sure that they'll use the '28 days to reply' line to drag it out a bit.

OP, it's good that you cancelled the card. I think you might have to put the loss of your money down to experience.

I received and sent everything by email. It's 2014 not 1990 anymore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

dudara wrote: »
    That's quite a poorly designed website, which is usually giveaway No 1. Secondly, there is no actual physical address provided which is another indicator. A Whois lookup indicates that it is registered out of Japan.

The whois address appears to be a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

wonski wrote: »
    One of the conditions (with AIB) was to send the product back to the seller and provide them with a proof of postage. The only problem was there was no address provided:confused: Friend of mine gave up after few weeks. Good luck OP.

I had the same issue with AIB over a dodgy tablet. Sent them about 8 pages of supporting documentation, including pages of transcripts with customer service of the crowd I bought off where they were increasingly obviously dodgy as hell. Heard nothing for three weeks, rang them and they said they needed additional information. But couldn't tell me what information they wanted. And also I'd have to send the item back before they'd even look at the case, at which point I'd be down the postage and possibly still not get a refund. They're useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

It is if they are allowing the con website to accept credit cards as payment. Was it a VISA or Mastercard? I would report your credit card issuer (and the website) to VISA or Mastercard

MOH wrote: »
    I had the same issue with AIB over a dodgy tablet. Sent them about 8 pages of supporting documentation, including pages of transcripts with customer service of the crowd I bought off where they were increasingly obviously dodgy as hell. Heard nothing for three weeks, rang them and they said they needed additional information. But couldn't tell me what information they wanted. And also I'd have to send the item back before they'd even look at the case, at which point I'd be down the postage and possibly still not get a refund. They're useless.

Thanks for that MOH, it sounds exactly like the experience I had with Ulster Bank. I my case i was charged again for car hire in France, 3 months after I came home. TBH I don't think anyone bothered reading the numerous claim forms that I submitted. When I told them that I was going to the Euro SCC and needed specific reasons from the bank on the charge back refusal, suddenly someone read the file and refunded the money the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    demand a chargeback, simple as. they will send you a document to fill in and that's it. be persistent and you will get your money back

why - the OP placed an order and got fake goods. NOT the banks fault in ay way whasoever. The bank has ZERO liability or responsibility.

If YOU make a mistake, YOU have to take responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

That is not true. It is VISA or Mastercard's responsibility to vet the merchants they sign up to take credit card payments. The OP should insist on a chargeback and then report to VISA or Mastercard if the bank does not take them seriously

sandin wrote: »
    why - the OP placed an order and got fake goods. NOT the banks fault in ay way whasoever. The bank has ZERO liability or responsibility.

I recommend reading terms and conditions of chargeback

• Registered Users Posts: 69,075 ✭✭✭✭L1011

sandin wrote: »

This is the second time you've made wildly wrong insistences about credit cards on this forum. Both to do with refunds strangely.

Chargebacks cover items not as described as well as not delivered.

Its Visa Debit card They said they find nothing wrong with the transaction. Not sure what to do. They are refusing to refund me.

• Advertisement

Its Visa Debit card They said they find nothing wrong with the transaction. Not sure what to do. They are refusing to refund me.

I hadn't time to read it but it might help.

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/chargeback

Advertisement