Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Lodging a cheque

Options
  • 03-01-2014 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi , silly question here but don't generally deal with cheques . Can you lodge a cheque with the cashier using your ATM card instead of using the lodgement ATM . I would feel more comfortable handing over the cheque to a person instead of using the lodgement ATM .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I've done it before but it was a couple of years ago now. Dont see why not unless theyve changed policy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

In at least some branches AIB actively discourage lodgement over the counter. I'm fairly sure that if you are politely persistent you will get your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

In at least some branches AIB actively discourage lodgement over the counter. I'm fairly sure that if you are politely persistent you will get your way.

Is this so that they can charge you for the transaction so they would prefer you using the lodgement ATM ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

They prefer you to use machines because machines are cheaper than people.

I don't pay a great deal of attention to AIB fee structures (they are not my bank) but I suspect that there is little or no difference in the charge, whichever method you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Zil2011

Yes you can lodge it with the cashier. I had to lodge one on Tuesday. It costs 35 cent to do it through machine and 39 cent to give it to cashier.

• Advertisement
Advertisement