Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up UK offshore account on 365 online

Options
  • 03-01-2014 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I previously asked the following question and I would like further advise as I did not receive any further resolution steps in your response: 

Question Asked:
    Account: CURRENT ACCOUNT ~ xxxx
    Hi, I am trying to set up a transfer between my BoI account and my Natwest Offshire account in Jersey. However, 365 Online does not recognize the Swift/BIC code of my bank, which is as follows: BIC: xxxxxx Can you please provide me with a reason why. Regards, xxx

Your Response:
    Good morning xxxx

The reason for this is, we cannot set up offshore accounts as payees online. Offshore accounts are restricted from the online payment system.

Many thanks for using the Online Service Desk. 

Regards

Paula 
    Online Service Desk

Can you please advise how I actually go about setting up an offshore account as a payee. As I cannot do this online, then how do I do it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Limi,

Thank you for getting in contact with us.

To organise a transfer to an 'off shore' account, you can call into your account holding branch, where a representative will be happy to assist you with this.

You can find your branch contact information here.

If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Thanks
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Hi Eleine,

Thanks for your quick response. Once more question, do I need to do this every time I want to make a transfer?

Thanks,

Lima

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Lima,

You're very welcome.

Yes, you will need to call into branch each time to request this type of transfer. If this procedure changes to a more automated service, a representative within your branch will inform you.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Elaine

Advertisement