Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fees?

• 03-01-2014 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi all,

I realise that this sounds like a somewhat simple question, but I am considering completing a full time masters starting in September, and am wondering about the fees which must be paid.

I have an undergraduate degree from UL and am looking at a postgrad for which the fees are c. Eur6,700 for EU students. I've read around and understand that I won't be eligible for a grant (I am self employed, but would have funds in place to pay for living expenses for the duration of my course so presume this would preclude me from getting a grant?), or any other type of funding but am a little confused about the fees.

I know that undergraduate fees are covered, (with the exception of registration/student levy), but am not sure about postgraduate fees.. From what I can tell, I will be liable for the full Eur6,700 fees and registration etc, but just want to make sure I'm right in this?

Maybe I'm just not reading it right or looking in the wrong places, but it seems that with the number of different sites talking about free fees, EU/Non EU, grants, deferred fees etc etc etc that I haven't seen anywhere which gives a straight answer!

I'm working out my budget at the moment so just want to make sure that I plan fully for the financial requirements over the year!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

You would have to pay the full amount. Nothing at postgraduate level is paid for by government, unless you qualify for a grant. That figure should be the total cost of the course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Registration fees are not extra they are included in the 6700

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

I have done 2 postgraduate courses and the fee total that they quote on their site is usually inclusive of everything?

Its worth double checking with college to be on safe side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

Great.. thanks.. I was expecting that I wold have to pay the fees but was feeling a but thick about it all and wanted to check!

I'll get in touch with the college and confirm about the registration fee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I'm on my second post-grad and found that the quoted EU fees were inclusive of the student registration fee/levy on both occasions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement