Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approx cost of complete bathroom refit?

Options
  • 03-01-2014 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm a novice when it comes to renovation so bear with me on the details!

I'd like to completely refit the main bathroom and refresh the understairs WC and Ensuite.

The bathroom is completely outdated and very small. I'd like to install a new bath, toilet and wash hand basin but in a different layout for greater floor space. This may require some replumbing. I want to get the floor and walls fully tiled. Recessed lighting would be nice as well as a lit mirror cabinet, heated towel rail and all the usual fittings/fixtures/mod cons. The bath should include a high pressure shower of good quality.

It's a small space. Floor area is only 3.5sqm and I'd say the walls are about 15sqm max all in.

Could anyone give me some sort of guide ranges on what this sort of renovation would cost (all in)? I haven't a clue so would love some advice before discussing with contractors.

Understairs WC (standard enough size) - how much for new tiles/tiling approx range)?
    Ensuite (standard enough size) - how much for new tiles/tiling (approx range)?

Additional questions:
    Kitchen Floor Tiles: 21sqm apprx. how much for laying high quality stone tiles/tiling (approx range)?
    Possible extension to the ensuite for more space (taking in part of bedroom). Approx range?
    New doors and frames on all upstairs rooms (4 doors) cost?
    The main bathroom has lino at the mo and has a timber floor underneath (usual upstairs flooring). Would this be a problem for laying floor tiles?

Ideally I'd like to get the same contractor to do all this and there might be a few other little jobs needing doing as we go.

A ballpark range either in total or for each on what I could expect to pay would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

I would have no clue on the ensuite and under stairs wc but we recently did a totally refit of my mums bathroom of about the same size and it cost about 3K all in (labour, supplies etc).

Advertisement