Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Arrives next week according to the IT today.

Meanwhile, Kane Douglas is due to arrive in Dublin next week, but the Wallaby lock is not expected to feature for Leinster until the Cardiff game on September 26th or even Munster at the Aviva Stadium on October 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

That'll be a major boost alright. With Roux and Leo gone we're very light there. Toner and McCarthy will need to be drip-fed minutes.

Whens Teo due?

ssaye2 wrote: »
    Whens Teo due?

Depends on the playoffs doesn't it? I'd say October/November anyway.

.ak wrote: »
    Depends on the playoffs doesn't it? I'd say October/November anyway.

Anyone know earliest and latest without me checking ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Earliest in two weeks (if they go out that weekend, which could happen), latest second week of October

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Decent article.

7 finals and 5 trophies in 4 years, it's been an incredible few years and as he says standards are very high, and another trophy is definitely attainable this year.

With the Euro group we should get a home QF and take it from there and I'd be disappointed if we weren't in the top 2 of the league, those would be my minimum expectations for the season anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Quick question, hope to get to the Scarlets game on Saturday but not not sure yet if I can make it yet. Is it possible to buy tickets on the day?

Niall06 wrote: »
    Quick question, hope to get to the Scarlets game on Saturday but not not sure yet if I can make it yet. Is it possible to buy tickets on the day?

Ticketmaster and print out, not sure you can buy at the ticketmaster collection kiosk?

You cant buy at turnstiles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Niall06 wrote: »
    It normally is possible to buy tickets on the day - the RDS rarely sells out for league matches at this stage of the season.

Think you can buy them at the kiosk, pretty sure one of my friends did for a game near the end of last season

LostArt wrote: »
    Think you can buy them at the kiosk, pretty sure one of my friends did for a game near the end of last season

You learn something new everyday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Anyone know earliest and latest without me checking ha

Seeing as how you love your links:
    http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/FixturesResults/FinalsSeriesInformation/tabid/10894/Default.aspx

Earliest possible end to his season is 20th September, latest is 5th October should the Rabbitohs reach the Grand Final.

Of course Ben is currently halfway through a four-week suspension so he should be nicely rested when he does get over to us.

Yeah there's a ticket office in the RDS you can buy from. But the question is will it sell out? I doubt it. You'll be grand. Having said that first home game of the season and the forecast is good, so that in itself will attract a crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Thanks all for your quick replies, hopefully make it.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'd be surprised if it's sold out, though I'm looking forward to it myself.

Mustache grown, sombrero and poncho ready! Olé olé! Viva méxico!

If you have access to a printer and the game is sold out, check out ticketexchange too - they might have tickets.

I'm looking forward to the day now - the good forecast means we can bring a ball for a throwabout before the game :)

Yeah looking forward to it now. Weather is still good enough to cycle down.

• Advertisement

sullivlo wrote: »
    If you have access to a printer and the game is sold out, check out ticketexchange too - they might have tickets.

I'm looking forward to the day now - the good forecast means we can bring a ball for a throwabout before the game :)

Any maybe get picked as #23 if seen by coaches

Any maybe get picked as #23 if seen by coaches
    Given I'm very definitely a member of the front row union (& female), I won't hold my breath. Stranger things have happened though :)

sullivlo wrote: »
    Given I'm very definitely a member of the front row union (& female), I won't hold my breath. Stranger things have happened though :)

After the way Healy played last week I'd bring your boots just incase.

.. and a fake moustache.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/team/results/squad_leinster_first_team.php

Few new faces in senior squad
    They are on development contracts apparently

Yeah saw that on LF. Big chance for Mick McGrath.

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah saw that on LF. Big chance for Mick McGrath.

Is Tyrone Moran the only other new addition? His presence makes me a bit nervous that either Dundon or Strauss is going to be out for a long time; why else would we need five hookers (plus Byrne in the Academy)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Leinster88

It would have been 3 AIL players joining the squad this season if Munster hadn't have swooped in with a full contract for Martin Kelly. Great to see.

Is Tyrone Moran the only other new addition? His presence makes me a bit nervous that either Dundon or Strauss is going to be out for a long time; why else would we need five hookers (plus Byrne in the Academy)?

Yeah. Question marks there. Dundon should be fit by this stage of the season but no sign. I'm fairly sure Strauss will be out til late autumn, and maybe Dundon only has another season in him, so maybe there's just interested in what Moran can bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Buer wrote: »
    Indeed, agreed. It's more a comment on the health concerns being stated regarding having smaller players taking it into contact. Absolutely nothing new there.

TBH I don't think size of player and increased contact are the only factors in long term physical damage (I know you didn't make the original point). Some smaller players manage contact far better than bigger players. The way we played last year, may well have brought more contact in terms of repetition but the velocity involved is probably lessened i.e. less build up of momentum from carrier and tackler. So to the original point, this way of playing isn't likely to cause any more damage to players.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DelMcG

Anyone know for certain if the season ticket packs will be available for collection this weekend?

I know it's usually the first home game but with the delay in some tickets being printed & the lack of email confirmation so far, I'm wondering if it might now be delayed until the 26th.

Either a tweet or mail but will be there for this sat

• Advertisement

Groovy. Cheers

Nice haul this year

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

WHere did you see that, and do they have to be collected at that game?

awec wrote: »
    WHere did you see that, and do they have to be collected at that game?

Usually they extend it to the second game or you can pop out to Donnybrook too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I traded my Leinster season ticket scarf for a Clermont scarf that isn't as long and doesn't really fit properly :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Reid doesn't need surgery and should be back in 3 weeks or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭thirteen.

CatFromHue wrote: »

Great news, looked serious when it happened.

http://www.thescore.ie/ian-madigan-leaves-leinster-1666630-Sep2014/

Link name is misleading it's about next year's choice with sexton back

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

MOC is making the right noises but it's much ado about nothing. Mads is with us for next season already unless Leinster agree to release him which is unlikely.

I'd nearly suspect Madigan will end up staying as MOC could be on his bike at the end of next season. Madigan could be curious to see how another coach works for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

CatFromHue wrote: »

Jaysus that's great news, I was absolutely expecting 6 months. He built up momentum last season and 6 months might have killed it a bit

Buer wrote: »
    I'd nearly suspect Madigan will end up staying as MOC could be on his bike at the end of next season. Madigan could be curious to see how another coach works for him.

Unless the new coach turns out to be Ian Madigan's dad, he's going to be understudy under him too.

• Advertisement

"Season Ticket holders can collect their supporters pack at the RDS this Saturday. Collection point is the Shelbourne Hall (Hall 2 on map shown). Packs will be available between these times only:
    1pm - 2.30pm
    4pm - 5pm
    Distribution will cease ten minutes before kick off and packs will not be available during half time. Please note that only supporters with a current valid Season Ticket will be able to claim a pack. If you are attending the match using a paper ticket you will not be able to collect your pack. If you do not have your plastic card yet or are unable to attend tomorrow's game you can collect your supporters pack at the Cardiff game on 26th September.
    "

Season Ticket issues
    If your Season Ticket has not arrived by post please email us at tickets@leinsterrugby.ie with your details before 5pm today (Friday) and we will arrange to have an e-ticket emailed to you for access to the game on Saturday. We will reissue any lost/missing tickets next week and these will be available for collection at the Cardiff game. You will be able to collect your supporters pack at this time also.
    If you have any ticketing issues after 5pm this Friday please drop into the Ticket Office at the RDS between 1pm and 2.45pm on Saturday and our staff will do their best to assist you.
    The ticket office is located inside the main gate (gate D) on Anglesea Road (hall 10 on the map).

c-k6dGhmiFn4ssRoweS4LV0ceEIk-E1rg8NqRKfgyccyn01zEjEz9g9wCUiRqgrldEiEhghpZTpN7u5s8QyaDPZEdcjoQp3ZLBcV1Re7TsChkxm-ytT9L7aKazXtkjLTiUjarmpp3CeRCQ=s0-d-e1-ft#http://image.tmclient.ticketmaster.com/lib/fe8a1573756d0d7572/m/1/RDS+v+Scarlets.jpg

Match Day Activity

Pre-match activities will take place in the sand arena beside Ring 1, the Blue Crew will be on site with games for the kids, prizes and 'Random Rewards' for Season Ticket holders. There will also be a barbecue with the first 500 burgers given out for free so get there early, collect your pack, grab a burger and enjoy the sunshine and atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Pretty good setup for the first home game.
    Interesting to see the supporter's pack this year will come in a box... they advise to bring a bag with you for safe transport.

Really looking forward for tomorrow now :-)

Pack will have to wait till the Cardiff game, I'll never fit the box and cans in my bag.

Just for anyone who missed it, Liam Williams picked up no suspension after his red card against Ulster, so will be available tomorrow. Hooray!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

LostArt wrote: »
    Pack will have to wait till the Cardiff game, I'll never fit the box and cans in my bag.

You're going to need a bigger bag...
    Just for anyone who missed it, Liam Williams picked up no suspension after his red card against Ulster, so will be available tomorrow. Hooray!

Just means there's another opportunity for him to get carded. Hooray!

"Season Ticket holders can collect their supporters pack at the RDS this Saturday. Collection point is the Shelbourne Hall (Hall 2 on map shown). Packs will be available between these times only:
    1pm - 2.30pm
    4pm - 5pm
    Distribution will cease ten minutes before kick off and packs will not be available during half time. Please note that only supporters with a current valid Season Ticket will be able to claim a pack. If you are attending the match using a paper ticket you will not be able to collect your pack. If you do not have your plastic card yet or are unable to attend tomorrow's game you can collect your supporters pack at the Cardiff game on 26th September.
    "

awec that means you'll have to wait a couple of weeks til you don the scarf.

This years pack

Mr_Burns_-_the_box.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

With his record, that's pretty unbelievable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement