Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I suppose it was a pretty 'default' red card situation. Interesting, it was Fitzgibbon's first ever red card issued, and he was forced into it in a way. I think the red card was probably enough, despite my utter contempt for Williams.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

ssaye2 wrote: »
    This years pack

Mr_Burns_-_the_box.jpg

Not to burst your bubble, but....

STH-Kit-Promo-Pic-V2-2_rdax_600x399_80.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Didnt they post a pic of that like 6 months ago

Hat handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Just for anyone who missed it, Liam Williams picked up no suspension after his red card against Ulster, so will be available tomorrow. Hooray!

MOC,

For the love of rugby, sign Jamie Cudmore on a one match loan deal.

Kind regards etc

Love a good mug.

• Advertisement

Its may be 21 degrees and the amount of scarf wearers tomorrow - ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Its may be 21 degrees and the amount of scarf wearers tomorrow - ha
    I said that at training last night - people in tshirts, shorts and scarves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

.ak wrote: »
    Love a good mug.

tumblr_ln8585fY191qh17feo1_500.gif

RuggieBear wrote: »
    tumblr_ln8585fY191qh17feo1_500.gif

Jamie Cudmore.

sullivlo wrote: »
    I said that at training last night - people in tshirts, shorts and scarves.

Sure they do it in France.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Uriel. wrote: »
    Pretty good setup for the first home game.
    Interesting to see the supporter's pack this year will come in a box... they advise to bring a bag with you for safe transport.

Really looking forward for tomorrow now :-)

wait... how big of a box? I'll have to pick up 2 tomorrow...

wait... how big of a box? I'll have to pick up 2 tomorrow...
    A box big enough for a hat, scarf, pen and cup.

Scarlets team to take on Leinster at the RDS, Saturday 13th September kick-off 2.40pm:

15 Liam Williams, 14 Harry Robinson, 13 Gareth Owen, 12 Scott Williams, 11 Jordan Williams, 10 Rhys Priestland, 9 Rhodri Williams, 1 Phil John, 2 Ken Owens ©, Rhodri Jones, 4 Jake Ball, 5 Johan Snyman, 6 Aaron Shingler, 7 John Barclay, 8 Rory Pitman

Replacements: Emyr Phillips, Rob Evans, Peter Edwards, Richard Kelly, Rob McCusker, Aled Davies, Steven Shingler, Adam Warren

Players unavailable for selection: Samson Lee (suspension), Chris Hala'ufia (conditioning), George Earle (ankle), Aaron Warren (knee), Jacobie Adriaanse (knee), Michael Tagicakibau (knee), Regan King (hamstring)

Whats the name of their class try scoring SH

edit gareth davies out?

Whats the name of their class try scoring SH

Gareth Davies. I don't remember him being injured or anything last week...

molloyjh wrote: »
    Gareth Davies. I don't remember him being injured or anything last week...

Big plus

Try machine

Big plus

Try machine

Yeah it's a positive. Still a good backline though. It'll be interesting to see our pack and our bench.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Good team. This Pitman guy at 8 is looking to be a great signing and that back three is very threatening if they get ball in hand.

To be honest, I just want to see us concentrate on beating them up front. I have a feeling once MOC gets the pack sorted everything else will slot into place. I'm on the fence with MOC, but I do feel a lot of his criticism stems from our pack under preforming, ergo our backs cannot cut loose. Once the forwards get their house in order I can see us being a bit ruthless.

I'll be looking forward to seeing how we can fix our wrongs last week, we need to be sharper off first phase with numbers and options either side of the ruck. If we start seeing that I'll be happy. Not really concerned about playing 'the beautiful game' this side of the season anyway.

Big plus

Try machine

Yeah it is, he's a brilliant player and can pop up in the line which is really interesting for a scrumhalf to do and to be let do!

Having said that, R. Williams is another good scrumhalf. They have solid strength there.

• Advertisement

BxU-lVLIQAEgahf.jpg:large

Steve Crosbie?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Boss?!

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/12479.php

LEINSTER

15. Rob Kearney
    14. Zane Kirchner
    13. Brendan Macken
    12. Ian Madigan
    11. Darragh Fanning
    10. Jimmy Gopperth
    9. Isaac Boss
    1. Jack McGrath
    2. Sean Cronin
    3. Mike Ross
    4. Devin Toner
    5. Mike McCarthy
    6. Dominic Ryan
    7. Shane Jennings
    8. Jamie Heaslip CAPTAIN

REPLACEMENTS

16. Bryan Byrne
    17. Cian Healy
    18. Tadhg Furlong
    19. Ben Marshall
    20. Kevin McLaughlin
    21. Eoin Reddan
    22. Steve Crosbie
    23. Mick McGrath

Referee: Marius Mitrea (FIR, 31st competition game)
    Assistant Referees: Mark Patton, Jonathan Peak (IRFU)
    Citing Commissioner: Peter Ferguson(IRFU)
    TMO: Alan Rogan (IRFU)

Madigan at 12, interesting.

15 Delon Williams, 14 Harry Robinson, 13 Gareth Owen, 12 Scott Williams, 11 Jordan Williams, 10 Rhys Priestland, 9 Rhodri Williams,
    1 Phil John, 2 Ken Owens ©, Rhodri Jones, 4 Jake Ball, 5 Johan Snyman, 6 Aaron Shingler, 7 John Barclay, 8 Rory Pitman

Replacements: Emyr Phillips, Rob Evans, Peter Edwards, Richard Kelly, Rob McCusker, Aled Davies, Steven Shingler, Adam Warren

Delon starts for Scarlets

Zane on the wing should be good if he can replicate that final last season.

We know our weaknesses but 1-8 looks solid

Take the win and move on

I was quite close with my calls but didn't expect Rob to be back. Some weird calls like Crosbie in there over what could be Marsh's slot. I think MOC is looking to see his options early on in the season, which is what I'd be doing also. In a sense he has a very strong team there, so a little experimentation is fine.

Hopefully Mick gets off the bench this time, but gotta feel for SCM also. He has youth on his side atleast.

Also is Ferg injured?

Hmmm. A very good team up front alright, we should definitely have the edge there and the return of Rob Kearney gives us a decent back three but where is McFadden?

Seriously callow bench.

• Advertisement

Also is Ferg injured?

Did a presser and training so not sure, give RK some time and play Zane too. Fanning is loved by MOC regardless.

Strong team. Crosbie on the bench is interesting. Would have liked to see Marsh there tbh.

Also, what does Boss have to do to get dropped? Really have to feel for Luke McGrath. SCM isn't going to get anywhere this season either from the looks of it.

Still the second row selection is spot on and Dippy deserves the spot after a good display last week. No surprise at 10 or 12 given our injury situation at 12. The big question for me is will Crosbie or McGrath see any game time at all?

Strong team. Crosbie on the bench is interesting. Would have liked to see Marsh there tbh.

Also, what does Boss have to do to get dropped? Really have to feel for Luke McGrath. SCM isn't going to get anywhere this season either from the looks of it.

Still the second row selection is spot on and Dippy deserves the spot after a good display last week. No surprise at 10 or 12 given our injury situation at 12. The big question for me is will Crosbie or McGrath see any game time at all?

Wonder if the picked Boss to combat the SH who is now not playing but would have preferred Reddan/McGrath

INPHO_00842030.jpg
    Trained but maybe elbow sore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Madigan at 12. At last!

Wonder if the picked Boss to combat the SH who is now not playing but would have preferred Reddan/McGrath

Hard to know for sure but I doubt it. McGrath wasn't getting a look in at the end of last season either remember. The bench is very callow in the backs which would have me concerned that we're looking at another situation where MOC won't use certain players on the bench unless he absolutely has to. Hence my question on whether or not Crosbie or McGrath will actually get on.

• Advertisement

Madigan at 12 is a bit of a default choice, but it's a good situation as I reckon the more time he gets there the more he can prove his place in the squad.

Presume COS is injured then.

Madigan at 12. At last!

He's just filling in there due to injuries, which is all he's ever really done at 12. Nothing to see here.

So do we reckon
    13 Darcy
    12 Madigan

for Munster and Europe coming up

Luke McGrath needs to improve his passing. There, I said it.

Macken at 13 and Kirchner on the wing. That makes no sense to me.

• Advertisement

So do we reckon
    13 Darcy
    12 Madigan

for Munster and Europe coming up

That's what I'd like to see personally. I think it's the safest bet also. Unless Reid's rise continues...

I think so, think Reid would have gotten a run at 12 but obviously he's out of the equation now

Why not? Macken is, for all intents and purposes, our only 'true' 13 in the squad.

Kirchner has played the square root of f-all rugby at 13. I think later in the season we might see him there.

LostArt wrote: »
    I think so, think Reid would have gotten a run at 12 but obviously he's out of the equation now

Apparently his injury isn't that bad tho, could be 3 weeks out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

He's just filling in there due to injuries, which is all he's ever really done at 12. Nothing to see here.
    I think there is a lot to see here. Future position for Leinster and maybe even Ireland for Madigan

Luke McGrath needs to improve his passing. There, I said it.

Not as bad as it was. For me, it his decision making. He can at times be a little headless. But that'll come with time.

I have no issue with Boss and Reddan getting the lions share of game time this season. McGrath will develop, but just because Boss isn't what he once was isn't time to drop McGrath into it. It his first senior year, he needs to be fed into it slowly.

Apparently his injury isn't that bad tho, could be 3 weeks out.

Yeah but even wiith just three weeks out that'll bring him upto the Munster game. At that stage I'd be surprised if he gets picked for that game or for Europe.

MOC isn't a fan of our younger wingers from the looks of it so Zane was always going to slot into the back 3 with Dave, Luke and Ferg not available.

Not as bad was it was. For me, it his decision making. He can at times be a little headless. But that'll come with time.

I have no issue with Boss and Reddan getting the lions share of game time this season. McGrath will develop, but just because Boss isn't what he once was isn't time to drop McGrath into it. It his first senior year, he needs to be fed into it slowly.

Ah yeah, but there's slowly and there's slowly. Why not start Reddan this week with McGrath on the bench for example? If you have a player on the way up and another on the way down surely there comes a point where you start to prioritise the guy on the way up?

Who is this Crosbie guy?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement