Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 Controller to PC

• 03-01-2014 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭

I used to have one of those wireless receivers for my 360 controller hooked up to my PC but it seems to have gone missing. Anyone know if I can buy this in shops anywhere (in Dublin!) or do I need to order another one online?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

they are about £15 on amazon but there was a deal recently where they did a controller and wireless receiver for £23 so keep an eye out for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Cool, I bought one on Amazon. For some reason the receiver won't pick up the controller and I can't figure out why.

The receiver has a green light and the software/drivers are installed and up to date.

The controller is connect via a play and charge cable to the PC but it's still powered up and has a flashing green light. The receiver just won't detect the controller.

Any ideas?

I'd charge it and disconnect from pc then try and connect wirelessly. Pc probably not able to manage both connections if you follow?

sweetie wrote: »
    I'd charge it and disconnect from pc then try and connect wirelessly. Pc probably not able to manage both connections if you follow?

I just switched it from the rechargeable battery pack to the standard AA battery thing and same problem - the green light just flashes slowly. I feel like I'm missing something really simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Newaglish wrote: »
    Cool, I bought one on Amazon. For some reason the receiver won't pick up the controller and I can't figure out why.

The receiver has a green light and the software/drivers are installed and up to date.

The controller is connect via a play and charge cable to the PC but it's still powered up and has a flashing green light. The receiver just won't detect the controller.

Any ideas?

You have to pair the controller I think. There's a tiny button on the top of the controller that you press, which puts it into a 'search for hosts' mode. There might be a similar butto on the wireless dongle itself, or maybe it's activated by software I'm not too sure on that end...but on the pad there's a button

SZvlw.jpg

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    You have to pair the controller I think. There's a tiny button on the top of the controller that you press, which puts it into a 'search for hosts' mode. There might be a similar butto on the wireless dongle itself, or maybe it's activated by software I'm not too sure on that end...but on the pad there's a button

SZvlw.jpg

Aha thanks, I'll try it when I get home. There's a button on the dongle that I was pressing but I'd forgotten about the controller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Myrddin wrote: »

SZvlw.jpg

This. Hold the button on the controller and the button on the dongle at the same time and look at the big X button the controller. It will begin to flash and once synced it will show a green light in the top left corner.

oops yes I presumed you were doing that. Its pretty much the same as pairing one with an xbox.

sweetie wrote: »
    oops yes I presumed you were doing that. Its pretty much the same as pairing one with an xbox.

Nope, I'm a gargantuan moron. Fixed!

cool, enjoy. I recently got into pc gaming and steam big picture with controller support is deadly!

• Advertisement
Advertisement