Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you solve my problem please?!

Options
  • 03-01-2014 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I am typing this in the hope that eircom will finally explain and justify  why my account was terminated.  I received a termination letter dated 25/10/13. As my bill dated 30/9/13 stated that my ‘previous bill was paid in full,thank you’, I presumed that my phone not working was the result of a line fault. I had paid every bill on time to this point as far as I was aware. I received no notification of any payment difficulties, irregularities or potential line termination.

This brought me onto the joy of customer service! On four separate occasions going back to the end of October last year and as recently as 19/12/13 I have made attempts to resolve my query.  Each time my call has ended I have been promised faithfully that the matter has been passed on to the relevant people who could help.  I am still waiting for any correspondence. Without getting personal about the horrendous quality of customer service I received from Leslie, Derek, Ciarán and David , it is clear that they have been incapable of helping.

As my query is now closing in on four months old I have still been receipt of bills for November , December and no doubt my January one is coming soon(this department is, by contrast, extremely efficient!). I have not paid these two bills as I feel it is totally unjust to find myself in the situation. Despite my best efforts to establish dialogue, eircom have done nothing to help resolve this situation. My last written correspondence dated 10/12/13 stated that ‘ an action of law will be commenced ‘ against me. It also states I will be liable for ‘ALL COSTS AND EXPENSES’.  The threatening tone of the letter  is all the more galling when I know that I am making every effort to solve this!I find all of this increasingly stressful as I am being portrayed as someone who is trying to avoid paying for services I have received. This is not true.

I have decided to type this in the hope that a resolution can finally be found.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I am typing this in the hope that eircom will finally explain and justify  why my account was terminated.  I received a termination letter dated 25/10/13. As my bill dated 30/9/13 stated that my ‘previous bill was paid in full,thank you’, I presumed that my phone not working was the result of a line fault. I had paid every bill on time to this point as far as I was aware. I received no notification of any payment difficulties, irregularities or potential line termination.

This brought me onto the joy of customer service! On four separate occasions going back to the end of October last year and as recently as 19/12/13 I have made attempts to resolve my query.  Each time my call has ended I have been promised faithfully that the matter has been passed on to the relevant people who could help.  I am still waiting for any correspondence. Without getting personal about the horrendous quality of customer service I received from Leslie, Derek, Ciarán and David , it is clear that they have been incapable of helping.

As my query is now closing in on four months old I have still been receipt of bills for November , December and no doubt my January one is coming soon(this department is, by contrast, extremely efficient!). I have not paid these two bills as I feel it is totally unjust to find myself in the situation. Despite my best efforts to establish dialogue, eircom have done nothing to help resolve this situation. My last written correspondence dated 10/12/13 stated that ‘ an action of law will be commenced ‘ against me. It also states I will be liable for ‘ALL COSTS AND EXPENSES’.  The threatening tone of the letter  is all the more galling when I know that I am making every effort to solve this!I find all of this increasingly stressful as I am being portrayed as someone who is trying to avoid paying for services I have received. This is not true.

I have decided to type this in the hope that a resolution can finally be found.
    Hi magnetic zero
    We will certainly look into this for you and can clarify what happened here. Obviously if this was an error on out part we can have this put right.  PM me with your line and account number and I will be back to you as soon as I can.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 19 magnetic zero

any update Tony?

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

any update Tony?
    Hi Magnetic zero,
    apologies for delay in replying. I will chase this again and see what happened there.
    Tony

Still hoping to get this problem dealt with. Almost 4 months later, still no service or correspondence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Still hoping to get this problem dealt with. Almost 4 months later, still no service or correspondence.
    Hi magnetic zero

Apologies for the delay, unfortunately Tony has been unavailable so if you would like to PM me your account details I'll look in to this and get back to you today.

Many thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Still waiting. No response from eircom despite first making contact at the end of October last year. This is beyond ridiculous. Am I invisible?!

Hi magnetic zero

Apologies for the delay, unfortunately Tony has been unavailable so if you would like to PM me your account details I'll look in to this and get back to you today.

Many thanks

???

???
    Hi magnetic zero

Can you please send me a PM including a contact number for you and an appropriate time to reach you?

Thanks

Al

Still no word. Sent pm more than a week ago with contact information and suitable times to contact me. I have now given you six weeks to sort out the problem here with no response. The lack of interest in dealing with this is ridiculous. It's getting to the stage that I can scarcely recall the details of my complaint as it was the guts of five months ago!

Still no word. Sent pm more than a week ago with contact information and suitable times to contact me. I have now given you six weeks to sort out the problem here with no response. The lack of interest in dealing with this is ridiculous. It's getting to the stage that I can scarcely recall the details of my complaint as it was the guts of five months ago!
    Hi magnetic zero

I'm very sorry for this delay, I will have more news on this very shortly and hopefull later this afternoon.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Alan. I have yet to receive any contact from an eircom representative on this matter. I am free to take a call any time tomorrow or next week. As you can see, I am now approximately nine months trying to get my issue resolved. I  Where do I go next? Every effort on my part to solve this has been largely ignored. I will send a pm shortly outlining my contact details again. Can I please get a response!

Alan. I have yet to receive any contact from an eircom representative on this matter. I am free to take a call any time tomorrow or next week. As you can see, I am now approximately nine months trying to get my issue resolved. I  Where do I go next? Every effort on my part to solve this has been largely ignored. I will send a pm shortly outlining my contact details again. Can I please get a response!
    Hello magnetic zero

Apologies for this delay, I will follow this up and get back to you shortly.

Thanks
    Al

Any update?Could you please call today as there is almost no reception where  I work next week. How can it take so long to deal with my query?

Any update?Could you please call today as there is almost no reception where  I work next week. How can it take so long to deal with my query?
    Apologies magnetic zero

I will need more confirmation on this and I'll be back as soon as possible

Al

Just to update the current state of affairs. I was disconnected after eircom maintained that they did not receive payment for a particular month. I paid all my bills when requested and every bill I have states that by balance was paid in full each time. Eircom decided that the best way to deal with this issue was not to respond either through the hapless customer service helpline or this forum, but to instead charge me a disconnection fee and send my details to a debt collecting agency. This amounts to 47.50 i.e one months bill plus a disconnection charge bringing the total to 146.41.
     I would like to know
    • Why I was disconnected despite all my bills being paid?
    • Why my complaint is on this forum for almost seven months without any answer from eircom?
    • Why I have been left in the position to deal with debt collectors ?
    [*]
    On Friday evening I will issue my official complaint so as to begin contact with comreg. I have informed the debt collecting agency of my intention to do this if my query is not resolved before close of business Friday. I can be contacted after 3pm every weekday or any time at weekends. You have my details. Sick of being ignored by eircom while being made to seem like some kind of criminal by a debt collecting agency. Time for action from my side. 

Advertisement