Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom phonewatch

Options
  • 03-01-2014 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

We are with eircom Phonewatch and wondered if it is possible to change phone provider whilst still keeping Phonewatch??

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

Moved from open source forum...

Colin

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

eircom no longer own phonewatch so they can't help you here.

To my knowledge, phonwatch will work with other landline providers (not the likes of UPC) but you can also get an alarm system with a GSM solution. But the company who owns phonewatch will confirm all of this for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

We are with eircom Phonewatch and wondered if it is possible to change phone provider whilst still keeping Phonewatch??
    Hi spursmurry
    Sully is correct, on both points.
    Have a look at this link here also. It describes the process.
    T

• Registered Users Posts: 14 spursmurray

Hi spursmurry
    Sully is correct, on both points.
    Have a look at this link here also. It describes the process.
    T
    Tony & Sully, thanks a million for your help. Appreciate it lads!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Commander Shepard

Who are you thinking of switching too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 spursmurray

Who are you thinking of switching too?
    I don't know yet. Now that I know I can switch I'll be taking a good look at all competitors out there. I'll post up here when I've decided. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Hi spursmurray

Yes its possible to change providers while keeping Eircom Phone Watch. 

Thanks
    Ash

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hi spursmurray

Yes its possible to change providers while keeping Eircom Phone Watch. 

Thanks
    Ash
    Bit late to the party there, Aisling :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20 melodical

Sorry if this the right place for my post but I was hoping someone could help me with this!  I'm an Eircom Phonewatch customer at the moment and have been for about 3 years.  During installation I opted for a GSM dialer because I didn't have a landline.  Now I'm thinking of unsubscribing to the service, is there anyway the GSM unit can be setup to just call my phone number on alarm activation as opposed to the eircom command centre?

melodical wrote: »
    Sorry if this the right place for my post but I was hoping someone could help me with this!  I'm an Eircom Phonewatch customer at the moment and have been for about 3 years.  During installation I opted for a GSM dialer because I didn't have a landline.  Now I'm thinking of unsubscribing to the service, is there anyway the GSM unit can be setup to just call my phone number on alarm activation as opposed to the eircom command centre?

eircom no longer have anything to do with phone watch. It's another company now that owns it! It's a monitored alarm service so I assume they don't offer it without monitoring but give the phone watch customer care a call to confirm:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

melodical wrote: »
    Hi melodical

Phonewatch is no longer owned or operated by eircom so it would be best to give them a call -  Their customer service number is 01 207 6100.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement