Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sri Lanka v Ireland

• 03-01-2014 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭

Great news, 2 ODI's confirmed for the summer Over here

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

That is great news, those will be tough games to win though!

I am very tempted to have a go at the ECB here again:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭baboo800

Be great if we could get a game against India when they tour England in the summer .

Would've gone to game if it was in Belfast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ill be making the trip for one of the Sri Lankan games for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Disappointed that India are not playing in Ireland given that they are in England for a full 3 month tour....would have been great to see my home country play my adopted country!!

With regards to the SL series the interminably long IPL will be on in May so SL may arrive with their second string team:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Whether it is their A team or not, in May, we should be in a position to have a good crack at winning both games.

I'm sure that India would play here if the finances work out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Jonny_Darcy

Great news - should get to the first game anyway. Have never seen Sri Lanka play in the flesh, would love to see Sangakkara bat

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,194 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just checking the details - both matches at Clontarf, on Tuesday 6 May and Thursday 8 May

Tickets on sale here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Got my tickets for 8th - hopefully the sun will come out! If there is no play or little play is there a refund? Can't find the 'refund rules' anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭lambayire

I think it's something like a full refund if there are less than 10 overs completed.

And 50% refund for 10.1 to 24.5 overs.

I may well be wrong on this, especially the 50% bit. It might well be all or nothing past 10 overs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Taken from Cricket Ireland website for last year's match in Malahide: Ticket refund Policy
    Ticket refund Policy:
    In the event that the match is affected by the weather, 100% refund of the purchase price will be
    made in the event that no play is possible / 9.5 over or less are bowled. Ticket holders who have purchased their tickets by credit or debit card will receive a credit for the purchase price within 28 days. Ticket holders who have made cash purchases should apply to the Ticketmaster van on the day of the match for a ticket refund application form and once completed send it along with your match ticket to the address shown

Peter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

12 days to go and squad has been named, all were involved in the T20WC:

William Porterfield (captain), Alex Cusack, George Dockrell, Ed Joyce, Tim Murtagh, Andrew McBrine, Kevin O'Brien, Niall O'Brien, Andrew Poynter, Max Sorensen, Paul Stirling, Stuart Thompson, Gary Wilson

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/27111555

The games will be streamed live on CI site, youtube and AerTV. Interesting snippets include:
    4 hd camera + replays and commentary
    "almost" 300,000 watched the Pakistan games

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ireland/content/story/739041.html

suddenly I can't post links as boards just told me I am a new user, sigh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

minitrue wrote: »
    suddenly I can't post links as boards just told me I am a new user, sigh

New anti-spam and anti-anti-social posting measure. Once you get to 50 posts you'll be fine.

You are just encouraging me to post useless crap like this to get my count up :D
    It used to be 25 posts afair. At my current average rate it will only take me about another year to get there ;)

Let's see, how can I make this on topic ;)

Joyce has started on fire in the First Class games. 3 tons already including a daddy 151*, top of the averages (127.66) and 2nd in the runs stakes behind Cook who has 6 innings to Ed's 4.
    Porterfield has one FX game and got a 77 top scoring and opening against Jinny Anderson, great to see his return to form wasn't a flash in the pan.
    Murtagh going quite well, one Michelle in the bag already from 3 FC innings bowled.
    Dockrell's been left out of the 1st XI so far but at least bagged 5 also for the 2nds.
    NOB just had the one game so far and nothing exciting but nothing terrible either (32 out of 333 at a decent speed and 10*).
    Wilson did fairly well against Cambridge (37 from 218 in the first innings and 53* in a more dominent 2nd) but since then just 1, 0 and 18, but the 18 was out of a fairly low total of 237 and showed a little fight until he showed too much and gave his wicket away softly, also he went in at #4 which suggests he's showing enough form to earn some faith.

Unless I'm being dumb or blind non of the rest have made an appearance in the UK yet this season and the domestic season is yet to begin (at least competitive in Leinster).

Stuart Poynter has had a couple of (friendly?) runs in a T20 and 50 over game but only has 3 stumpings and 6 runs to show for it (but dnb in the 12 a side 50 over game).
    Andrew Balbirnie has a few warm-ups under his belt including 2 quick 50s (one not out), but not been seen since the first couple of days in April.

Anyone else across the water playing? Not counting the outcasts, Morgan, Rankin and I guess Hamish Marshall ;)

Bottom line is that while I suspect our batting might be in decent shape, I'd be worried about our bowling. If we are going to finally get that elusive first series win I think we'll have to be back to our very best in the field.

It really is such a shame we get so few chances. If anyone gave a crap about the future of the sport (and the sop to our Test ambitions) we'd be at least playing a FC game against every Test side touring E&W, never mind a T20 or ODI series from those who don't only look at the chequebook (hello India). Given the form E&W have been showing and the form of India away from home, a 3-way India, E&W and Ireland tournament (each play twice and a final) would be bloody interesting in T20 or ODI! Much more so then 5 Tests and 5 ODIs between E&W and India.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Are many going?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deise300

come on ireland! :) Porterfield was won the toss and unsurprisingly decided to bowl. Hope the weather holds up for this, to the Dublin people is it looking sunny up there today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

deise300 wrote: »
    come on ireland! :) Porterfield was won the toss and unsurprisingly decided to bowl. Hope the weather holds up for this, to the Dublin people is it looking sunny up there today?

Weather is gorgeous here in Clontarf. Unfortunately Im not at the game until Thursday! :confused:

great start, Perera removed first over by Murtagh, caught behind by Kevin O'Brien

Live streaming on a link on the Cricket Ireland website!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

2 down

3 down.

Not the cleverest spot to place the toilets so close to the sightscreen.

• Advertisement

5 down, this is the critical point where we usually struggle to finish the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Run out 135-6 in the 39th

160-7. Got to get them out for less than 200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Another down

180-8 off 47 now as Murtagh strikes again and ends up with the miserly figures of 10-1-21-2 ... but I guess some people will still say he never does anything for us ;)

They have got very close to 200 though, which I really think will be too much for us

219. 30 runs too many.

So from 95-5 to 219-8, it would be disappointing if it wasn't so typical

Not that it all really matters. There looks to be a load of rain on the way, judging by the Met Eireann radar.

• Advertisement

It's still important though because it seems to happen to us every second game, we just never seem to be able to finish the lower order.

Advertisement