Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm is ON - but it's NOT

Options
  • 03-01-2014 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

hI, Just bought a house so alarms are new to me.

Existing alarm is an old Phonewatch over 20 years old I think. It went off the first day we arrived in the house alright but then something in the house tripped the fuses and took me a while to find the cause.

Got the alarm working after this and it says it is armed but if I trip the doors or windows no alarm goes off. The status says it is ok.

Phonewatch say I need to spend €110 plus parts to have an engineer reprogram it.

Any advice? My friend said it would cost 5-600 for a new wifi alarm to be installed.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like it may also be a tamper fault.
    Shop around , you will get company's to look at that for less than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

I seem to have fixed it!

I played around with teh test and reset and other options buttons(which were very hard to clearly hear and quite ambiguous to me).

It now appears to be working. Sorry to have bothered you guys.

Brian.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Glad you got it sorted. Enjoy the €100+ you saved.

Advertisement