Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards Dundalk

Options
  • 03-01-2014 4:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭

Im sure use have all heard about young lad who was assualted outside Ridleys on Weds night

NEWS: Gardaí in Dundalk are investigating an assault which occurred at Park Street at 3.30am last night. A man in his early 20's received head injuries and is currently being treated at Beaumont Hospital. Gardai say the injuries are not believed to be life threatening. A man aged 23 was arrested and conveyed to Dundalk Garda station. Investigations are ongoing. Anybody with information should contact Dundalk Gardai on 0429388400.

Now Im not blaming anyone, only ones to blame are the dcumbags who assaulted the chap but just wondering

When going out in Drogheda/Dublin/Newry basically anywhere Ive ever been out guards are outside the nightclubs walking around enduring theres no trouble but they are never seen in Dundalk on foot after a night club sometimes you wouldnt even see them at all driving around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I disagree. Granted it's been a while since I've been out to Ridleys but whenever I have I've always seen Garda presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

MugMugs wrote: »
    I disagree. Granted it's been a while since I've been out to Ridleys but whenever I have I've always seen Garda presence.
    A "friend" of mine had a falling out(pishhed out of his head) with the bouncers from Ridleys over Xmas. Guards were called & where on the scene within 2 mins,advised said "friend" to get a taxi and leave the area immediately or be arrested for public order offence.He took said advice and the incident was over within 3-4 mins.
    Good job by AGS IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭nutts_77

At one stage, earlier tonight, 5 guards on foot within stones throw of said establishment. Backed up by 2 mobile patrols.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Im sure use have all heard about young lad who was assualted outside Ridleys on Weds night

NEWS: Gardaí in Dundalk are investigating an assault which occurred at Park Street at 3.30am last night. A man in his early 20's received head injuries and is currently being treated at Beaumont Hospital. Gardai say the injuries are not believed to be life threatening. A man aged 23 was arrested and conveyed to Dundalk Garda station. Investigations are ongoing. Anybody with information should contact Dundalk Gardai on 0429388400.

Now Im not blaming anyone, only ones to blame are the dcumbags who assaulted the chap but just wondering

When going out in Drogheda/Dublin/Newry basically anywhere Ive ever been out guards are outside the nightclubs walking around enduring theres no trouble but they are never seen in Dundalk on foot after a night club sometimes you wouldnt even see them at all driving around.

I'm not familiar with Dundalk or the policing of it but I do know that this type of scenario is happening across the country. There is a distinct shortage of visible Garda presence in every aspect of law enforcement from public order to traffic etc etc.

It is the unfortunate result of cutbacks due to the recession. This is exactly what our politicians said wouldn't happen, cuts to the public frontline emergency services. I say this as a member of those frontline emergency services

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

Thanks for reminding me I have a dentist appointment at 3.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

A "friend" of mine had a falling out(pishhed out of his head) with the bouncers from Ridleys over Xmas. Guards were called & where on the scene within 2 mins,advised said "friend" to get a taxi and leave the area immediately or be arrested for public order offence.He took said advice and the incident was over within 3-4 mins.
    Good job by AGS IMO.

The station is 2 mins down the road, Id very very surprised if they wernt at the scene within 2 mins
    nutts_77 wrote: »
    At one stage, earlier tonight, 5 guards on foot within stones throw of said establishment. Backed up by 2 mobile patrols.

The night after an unfortunate incident, Obvs they were going to be out
    MugMugs wrote: »

Totally not anymore, 1 patrol car driving round town at best most nights after clubs close

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

The station is 2 mins down the road, Id very very surprised if they wernt at the scene within 2mins

:rolleyes:

OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

There are other elements at play here op. I'm not a Garda and frankly have had very bad experiences with the Gardai in the town. I recently called in a fight on ecco Road and was met with let's just say less than favourable attitude when I did.

But that's down to a bad egg.

The Gardai like all other public services have suffered huge cutbacks and retirements not being replaced.

Before blaming those who are understaffed and wholly demotivated why not blame those responsible for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

If there are insufficient Garda to properly police the streets and ensure peoples safety as much as practicable they should not renew or approve late licenses.

Personally I've found the cops in Drogheda to be dickheads in the few unfortunate instances I've had to deal with them (reporting crime), they just didn't care and was made feel like an annoyance rather than the victim of a crime

Top tip, if you want to be treated decent by the Garda say you are from somewhere posh

Personally I've found the cops in Drogheda to be dickheads in the few unfortunate instances I've had to deal with them (reporting crime), they just didn't care and was made feel like an annoyance rather than the victim of a crime

Top tip, if you want to be treated decent by the Garda say you are from somewhere posh

Can't understand at all how anyone could describe you an annoyance !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Allknowing

If there are insufficient Garda to properly police the streets and ensure peoples safety as much as practicable they should not renew or approve late licenses.

Guards do not grant licences.

Meet all the Guards stationed there during the few incidents? What are the odds?

Posh area....good one..

At what stage?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

How heavy is the stone and how far can it be thrown?

At what stage?

At the stage I drove down park st.

How heavy is the stone and how far can it be thrown?

Are the seagulls following the trawler?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Can't understand at all how anyone could describe you an annoyance !!!

Don't be nasty. You don't know me. Making a statement like that is simply talking out of your arse and the people who "thanked" it are similarly ignorant. I gave my opinion and experience - others have experienced similar.

It's not nice to be a victim of a (violent) crime and when you go to report it you are looked down on and not taken seriously. The police in this country treat people differently based on their address or postcode, and treat crimes differently depending on what type of area they happen in, this is the unfortunate reality and tens of thousands of people can attest to it - anti social behaviour is one prime example.

Don't be nasty. You don't know me. Making a statement like that is simply talking out of your arse and the people who "thanked" it are similarly ignorant. I gave my opinion and experience - others have experienced similar.

It's not nice to be a victim of a (violent) crime and when you go to report it you are looked down on and not taken seriously. The police in this country treat people differently based on their address or postcode, and treat crimes differently depending on what type of area they happen in, this is the unfortunate reality and tens of thousands of people can attest to it - anti social behaviour is one prime example.

If I described a group of people as dickheads, would you think I was a nasty person? And you're correct that I don't know you. I can only form impressions from your posts.

Please do feel free to give examples of the police treating people differently due to differing areas.

Advertisement