Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What cost is involved in sending €1530 to Japan?

Options
  • 03-01-2014 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

I need to wire €1530 to a Japanese bank account.  How much will it cost?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi rekcaks,

Thanks for your post. 

It is not possible to transfer to Japan on Banking 365 Online. 
    It is possible to make the transfer via your Bank of Ireland branch. 
    Please call your branch and a representative will offer assistance with this. 
    You can find a full list of branch contact numbers here

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭rekcaks

Hi Billy.

Ive been to my branch and they told me ''around €50''. Surely you can give me a definitive amount that it will cost?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi rekcaks,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Once you have provided all the details for this transfer to your branch, a representative should then be able to inform you of the exact charge for this on behalf of Bank of Ireland.

However, as International Money transfer's can also attract foreign bank charges, your branch may not be able to give you an exact amount for the overall transfer. These charges are deducted by an intermediary bank and/or the payee's bank from the amount received by the payee. The charges relate to their role in transmitting and processing the payment and can vary. We have no control over these charges.

We hope this helps clarify your query.  

Thanks,
    Elaine

Advertisement