Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Shower cuts out after 5 minutes

Options
  • 03-01-2014 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello
    My Triton t90 is not working properly.

The shower switches on normally and works perfectly. After about 5 minutes for no apperent reason and out of the blue the water suddenly stops and in the same instant there is a higher pitched whine form the motor.

The LCB is not tripping, the mains LED is still on in the pull cord switch, the water pressure has not failed or reduced in any way, the water is not going hot or cold, its not the hose or shower head as i have removed them and ran the shower hose-less and it still cuts out same way after 5 minutes.
    I have removed all debris (what little there was) from the inlet filter and cleaned it thoroughly i also depressed the valve at the filter rear the water is running freely and it too is debris free, this did not fix the issue. I have ran the shower on cold for a few minutes and returned to normal settings this also did not work.

The last time my shower broke it took the landlord 6 weeks and a countless amount of pestering for him to replace it, thus the reason I'm here in the hope someone will maybe have came across this before and know what exactly is wrong. And hopefully have an easy fix... (oh he knows an it will be replaced but god knows when) even a temporary one.

The perplexing part is why it works perfectly for a while and then stops.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

Its the solinoide? Same thing happened my trition.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cucullhan

Guessed as much... But low and behold, shower replaced within 5 days. Surprisingly !

Don't know what dodgy sparks he used, but its tripping now after about 10 mins, which i guess is the steam and the electrics going head to head in a two horse race.

If it wasn't for the earache from herself it would be laughable.

Anyhoo... here we go again! Back to fast showers, racing the trip switch this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

cucullhan wrote: »
    Guessed as much... But low and behold, shower replaced within 5 days. Surprisingly !

Don't know what dodgy sparks he used, but its tripping now after about 10 mins, which i guess is the steam and the electrics going head to head in a two horse race.

If it wasn't for the earache from herself it would be laughable.

Anyhoo... here we go again! Back to fast showers, racing the trip switch this time!

If you are not confident get a professional to do the following:
    Run the shower on a cold position and then turn it off using the pull cord. Remove the cover and turn on using the pull cord making sure the water is not spraying into the shower unit. Have a look to make sure there is no leak inside that is getting on to wiring causing it to trip. DO NOT TOUCH THE SHOWER UNIT WHEN OPEN WHILE POWER IS ON. MAKE SURE there is no leak inside the unit. If there is, DO NOT use it until it's repaired encase it does not trip out at any time. If there is no leak, get the trip and wiring tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cucullhan

Arra, its sparks time... It wasn't trippin before. He'd be liable if something happened. Hes called round twice in the evening and done nothing. Left by saying he'll be back "tomorrow"..... Must be the same day that check in the post arrives!

But thanks for your suggestion. If its gets the weekend, i'll have a look.

Advertisement