Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Item now in Sale

Options
  • 03-01-2014 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

A item was brought on Christmas Eve and the Store Assistant was asked would it be on sale when they opened two days later but she was adament that it wouldn't be - now of course the item is on sale. I know they don't have to say it will be on sale but common courtesy would dictate that she would have said. Is there anything I can do now?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

shoes34 wrote: »
    A item was brought on Christmas Eve and the Store Assistant was asked would it be on sale when they opened two days later but she was adament that it wouldn't be - now of course the item is on sale. I know they don't have to say it will be on sale but common courtesy would dictate that she would have said. Is there anything I can do now?

To be honest normal low level store staff likely wouldn't know what items would be on safe before hand, they don't decide on whats on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭whippet

shoes34 wrote: »
    Is there anything I can do now?

No ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

You could have left it and take the chance if it would be there or not in the sale after Xmas,that's the way it goes,as for the assistant,she said the right thing to get the sale,she not there to save you money,just suck it up and move on....you sound like a pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

It has been known to happen that someone buys the same item again in the sale and returns it with the full price receipt from before Christmas. That only works if the new one hasn't been marked/identified as discounted and also that the shop will refund "an unwanted gift" - they are not obliged to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Depending on the store policies you could possibly return it for the pre sale price on credit and pick it up for the new price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

One of the risks of buying stuff for Christmas. If it was not needed to be bought before Christmas, why buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

You need to contact the store and see if they will do anything for you out of good will.

Advertisement