Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overborrowed

Options
  • 03-01-2014 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hello.
    I am beginning to question whether I have a mortgage that is not sustainable to pay off. We have €235k remaining on out mortgage and we are 1 year into it. We have a combined salary of €90,000. We are both in permanent jobs . However, with water and property tax coming down the line, was it was to get the mortgage of this size? Is it a large or small mortgage for Dublin standards . Interested to see what people think
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

If you can afford the repayments then it's sustainable. I think it's a very sustainable mortgage at first glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,601 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Mortgage just over 2.5 times your salaries. Sounds sustainable to me.

As for the size of it, well it would be big for where I live, but for Dublin it sounds like a relatively small one. Plus if we are to believe the media reports, you own a property in a place which has fast rising house prices, so you may well be sitting on an decent investment, as long as its in the right area.

Advertisement