Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone lambing?

Options
  • 03-01-2014 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

Anyone lambing at the moment? Lambing 20 pedigrees at the moment very slow to start, only one so far from my own ewes and 2 bought in lamb have dropped. I m going mad looking out to the tunnel for action, all were hand mated were due yesterday and 2 are due 10 days later........wish they get going back in work monday:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

Cran wrote: »
    Anyone lambing at the moment? Lambing 20 pedigrees at the moment very slow to start, only one so far from my own ewes and 2 bought in lamb have dropped. I m going mad looking out to the tunnel for action, all were hand mated were due yesterday and 2 are due 10 days later........wish they get going back in work monday:eek:

Lambing here too, repeats at the moment.
    The first round lambed at 143 days to 150 days from mating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Lambing a few ewes here that got in young from some ram lambs... :(

But all is going ok. Mostly singles which is the only complaint, but no problems so far...

Bad weather for putting em out, they'll be in for a while longer... But we can't do much about that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

One left here and I am not sorry triplets are causing me no end of trouble.:mad: Cran have you changed to lambing your ped ewes in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Cran

grassroot1 wrote: »
    One left here and I am not sorry triplets are causing me no end of trouble.:mad: Cran have you changed to lambing your ped ewes in January?

Ye moving to January trying to reduce the work load in April, just to much with all the others lambing at the same time. Got 18 in lamb early and 12 in April, 6 I didn't think we're in good enough knick after raising twins and 6 repeated so left them till April.
    Will see how this year goes and will go mainly January if works, and if I'm happy with end product. Don't want to go down the line of over pushed ram lambs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Cran wrote: »
    Ye moving to January trying to reduce the work load in April, just to much with all the others lambing at the same time. Got 18 in lamb early and 12 in April, 6 I didn't think we're in good enough knick after raising twins and 6 repeated so left them till April.
    Will see how this year goes and will go mainly January if works, and if I'm happy with end product. Don't want to go down the line of over pushed ram lambs.....

Any lambs by the new ram on this lot? now that you have some born in January we can expect to see you in Tullow in July fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Cran

Ye 10 of the early lambers to him and all the later ones, he ll do well to perform as well as the other fella I have some lovely lambs by him from last year. Tullow not really on my radar to be honest, think I m a little away from preparing lambs for that and will probably focus on commercial sales.
    He s turning into a smashing sheep though must put up some new pics of him...

Advertisement