Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mizuno Wave Inspire 9/10

Options
  • 03-01-2014 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I wear Mizuno Wave Inspire 9, and I love them. I really don't like the look of the 10s and am contemplating stocking up on 9s. Has anyone tried the 10s and how do you find them?

And yes I am that shallow, I care a lot about how my runners look :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Salty Dog

I wear Mizuno Wave Inspire 9, and I love them. I really don't like the look of the 10s and am contemplating stocking up on 9s. Has anyone tried the 10s and how do you find them?

And yes I am that shallow, I care a lot about how my runners look :D

The 10 is lighter and has more room in the toebox. I like the feel of the cushioning, and feel its equal to or maybe a little better than the 9s.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭caseyjones1

Hi there, long time no see :-)
    Thanks for that, I guess I'm going to have to try them on aren't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

I was in the same boat re wave inspire 10. Have previously had 3 pairs of wave inspire 9 and was about to buy the 10 but colors and cost didn't make me go for them so got another wave inspire 9 as they are reduced everywhere as "old". Got mine the other week for 70e from http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk There will be more colors coming out start of this year I read on some site.

viperlogic wrote: »
    I was in the same boat re wave inspire 10. Have previously had 3 pairs of wave inspire 9 and was about to buy the 10 but colors and cost didn't make me go for them so got another wave inspire 9 as they are reduced everywhere as "old". Got mine the other week for 70e from http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk There will be more colors coming out start of this year I read on some site.

Thanks for that, unfortunately they don't have my size, but will keep looking.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

I have heard a lot of good things about Mizuno's Wave Rider shoes. Are they a similar type to the Inspire or more or less the same show with different name ? They are suppose to be very light and have a good cushion, just what I need.I was thinking of splashing out on a pair,120euros.

• Advertisement

I couldn't honestly tell you having not worn them, sorry. I did order the Wave Inspire 10s from John Buckley's today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Aiel wrote: »
    I have heard a lot of good things about Mizuno's Wave Rider shoes. Are they a similar type to the Inspire or more or less the same show with different name ? They are suppose to be very light and have a good cushion, just what I need.I was thinking of splashing out on a pair,120euros.

Nope Wave Inspire is a guidance shoe, Wave Rider is neutral. All depends on your feet.

Shoes arrived this morning, very prompt service, most impressed, and got 20% off as they had a sale on so good value.
    Been wearing them around the house and so far so good. Definitely softer and possibly wider around the toes but overall starting to feel more like nikes or something in the upper than the previous two versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dukie

AKW wrote: »
    Nope Wave Inspire is a guidance shoe, Wave Rider is neutral. All depends on your feet.

Hi AKW - Dont want to hijack this thread but would the Wave Inspire be a good alternative to the ASICS 2000's?

I've worn the 2160's, 2170's & 2000's for the past few years but would like a change. Always found the AISCS a bit "chunky".
    I'd like to concentrate on getting race times down so looking for a lighter shoe but doing Berlin in Sept also. Would the Inspires tick these boxes?

Dukie wrote: »
    Hi AKW - Dont want to hijack this thread but would the Wave Inspire be a good alternative to the ASICS 2000's?

Definitely comparable in terms of guidance. Fit is different and I'd say needs a little time to get used to the broader toebox. Try them on if you get a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Definitely comparable in terms of guidance. Fit is different and I'd say needs a little time to get used to the broader toebox. Try
    them on if you get a chance.
    just got a new pair of WI 10s,,,,toe bopx is defo bigger and will take a wile to get used to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

ultraman1 wrote: »
    just got a new pair of WI 10s,,,,toe bopx is defo bigger and will take a wile to get used to

Is it much wider? Have the 9's at the moment but tend to suffer around the ball of the foot area with rubbing over the longer distances. I heard the 10's are lighter as well.

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Is it much wider? Have the 9's at the moment but tend to suffer around the ball of the foot area with rubbing over the longer distances. I heard the 10's are lighter as well.

Shape is better. Not as tapered as the 9 and previous models and MUCH lighter due to the new midsole compounds 240g.

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Yea a good bit....if u wear a ipod ,idsay u could stick it in ur runners:-)
    Did a long run on sat in them,not too sure about them,as was not that mad about the 9s either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Does anyone know of a shop in Dublin city centre (not Runways) that sells Mizuno Wave Inspire 10's? Thanks :)

Yea a good bit....if u wear a ipod ,idsay u could stick it in ur runners:-)

The beauty of being a long term Inspire fan and working with footwear is knowig the Inspire and having access to shoes :)

I've just pulled a 9 and a 10 out for comparison.

The sockliners are basically exactly the same bar for 1mm difference where the 9 is wider on both sides in line with the back of the big toe joint area (roughly where the vertical line is in the top half of the picture)

290998.jpg

Bottom half shows the shape differences. Both shoes are the same size so nothing there.

I think the toebox is better aligned than previously and with the flaring of the sole comes extra stability.

Edit: Inspire 9 on the left, Inspire 10 on the right

I found that I could really feel,and hear, the crease at the front end just above the bottom of the lace area,,will give dam anutha run tomo ,.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 newbygirl

I found that I could really feel,and hear, the crease at the front end just above the bottom of the lace area,,will give dam anutha run tomo ,.

Are you rapping here?

newbygirl wrote: »
    Are you rapping here?
    was doin dat in a country/westren twang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

RubyK wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a shop in Dublin city centre (not Runways) that sells Mizuno Wave Inspire 10's? Thanks :)

Not City centre but 5k away in Ashtown :D
    New Blue colour available....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Not City centre but 5k away in Ashtown :D
    New Blue colour available....

Thanks thirstywork2, but it has to be city centre :)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

Sorry to hijack the thread, but didn't think a new one was needed - I was looking for Mizuno Wave Alchemy, but they appear to be end of life, and have been replaced by Mizuno Wave Paradox - anyone know where these might be stocked in Dublin?, as I'd really like to try them on first.

Thanks

paddyh117 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but didn't think a new one was needed - I was looking for Mizuno Wave Alchemy, but they appear to be end of life, and have been replaced by Mizuno Wave Paradox - anyone know where these might be stocked in Dublin?, as I'd really like to try them on first.

Thanks

http://www.mizuno.eu/en/storelocator/results?sport_tid=1&store_tid=214&location=dublin&radius=30

Couple of stores here. Be worth ringing first as there's at least one in this list that don't stock Mizuno running shoes and not all will have the Alchemy.

The Paradox is a straight replacement and is amazingly light for a motion control shoe.

http://www.mizuno.eu/en/storelocator/results?sport_tid=1&store_tid=214&location=dublin&radius=30

Couple of stores here. Be worth ringing first as there's at least one in this list that don't stock Mizuno running shoes and not all will have the Alchemy.

The Paradox is a straight replacement and is amazingly light for a motion control shoe.

Thanks. Do AK stock them as the paradox are not listed on the AK website?

paddyh117 wrote: »
    Thanks. Do AKW stock them as the paradox are not listed on the AKW website?

Don't mind that AK website it's never up to date with current season stock. Give them a call, the new stock goodies are all in store :)

Don't mind that AK website it's never up to date with current season stock. Give them a call, the new stock goodies are all in store :)

thanks for your help! :) probably not what you were expecting, but rang AK and they don't have them in-store - Runways do though, and also have some old stock Alchemy's, so now need to decide which to get!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

You rang the wrong AK store as Ashtown have them nearly a month now.

Advertisement