Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renovate 3 bed Bungalow

Options
  • 03-01-2014 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hello, Im new to boards and thinking of buying older 3 bed bungalow 1600 sq ft. I was wondering how much would cost to rewire, replaster and install stove and oil heating system in the Sligo area. If anyone has a rough idea I would be appreciate any advice you could give please. Also need new kitchen and bathroom, new upvc windows and doors. :)

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

You're going to need to talk to a quantity surveyor.
    Your question is like asking 'how long is a bit of string?'
    Not being smart, by the way, but even a rough costing without seeing exactly what has to be done is impossible.
    No two jobs are the same so you need someone to look at the job. There could be hidden problems that have been 'cosmetically
    enhanced' for sale purposes too that need attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

As Red Sean has said, its impossible to answer your question with any accuracy, but if I was to make a guess, you'd need to have a budget of about 20K to 40K for the work you have suggested, and that's a wild guess as its impossible to take into consideration the quality of the materials and labour employed. (eg: big price range in quality of kitchens and PVC windows and so on). And that's without hitting any snags.

For a recent renovation, I had a builder who I could trust who subcontracted out all the other work to people whom he could trust. It worked well.

I have also used Haran and Associates for a good few projects, never had any problems. But the first thing to do is, get the house properly surveyed.

Was going to recommend Denis Haran too actually and forgot it!

red sean wrote: »
    Was going to recommend Denis Haran too actually and forgot it!

No better a man!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Delta7

Thank you for all your advice, new to house buying so had no idea what involved. Thank you all for your replies will give Dennis Haran a ring. :)

• Advertisement

Good move Delta7. Let us know the outcome as other first buyers will probably search and find this thread in the future and may find some help in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Delta7

Will defo let you know how I get on thanks again:)

Good luck Delta7. Don't rush into anything, but do take professional advice. Hope it goes well for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

Who?

Advertisement