Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celbridge, a nice place to live?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

2011abc wrote: »
    Live in Leixlip ,regularly in Maynooth and wife works in Celbridge .Leixlip is a terrific place to raise kids .Would personally far prefer live here than Celbridge . It would be a distant third behind Maynooth in the MCL Triangle .Both the single sex secondary schools there are great however as far as I can tell.And Castletown is nice too but for vehicular access actually nearer to many parts of Leixlip .Would perceive Leixlip to be quite a bit better than other two for lack of crime and anti social behaviour but I guess you can be lucky or unlucky in any of the three.
    I guess all three have their pros and cons .

Really ? I would have thought with the smaller population Maynooth would have been at the bottom for crime ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Purely personal opinion and based on highly scientific 'per capita' analysis :-) .No but seriously you used hear of a 'dark spot ' , Meadowbrook / Greenfield but it may have changed .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

ytareh wrote: »
    Purely personal opinion and based on highly scientific 'per capita' analysis :-) .No but seriously you used hear of a 'dark spot ' , Meadowbrook / Greenfield but it may have changed .

Lol ;)
    I just wondered.
    Meadowbrook is full of students but I would not say anti social behaviour .
    I always find it amusing that old Greenfield is the "bad" area due to being the council estate but then I never hear stories from there .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

2011abc wrote: »
    Live in Leixlip ,regularly in Maynooth and wife works in Celbridge .Leixlip is a terrific place to raise kids .Would personally far prefer live here than Celbridge . It would be a distant third behind Maynooth in the MCL Triangle .Both the single sex secondary schools there are great however as far as I can tell.And Castletown is nice too but for vehicular access actually nearer to many parts of Leixlip .Would perceive Leixlip to be quite a bit better than other two for lack of crime and anti social behaviour but I guess you can be lucky or unlucky in any of the three.
    I guess all three have their pros and cons .

I live in Celbridge and personally would put Leixlip a distant third behind Maynooth and Celbridge in the "MCL Triangle".;)
    I've always found the anti-social/drugs element in Leixlip worse than Celbridge, but thats probably because I've been friends with lads from Leixlip since the 90's and drank in the village back then. Again as you say it's all perception.
    I'm 10 years here, although, and still would consider myself a blow in. I've 2 kids and the local play school and schools, so far have been excellent, the amenities are great, the local athletics club and the community centre for junior soccer is where our kids spend most of their time outside of school.
    The gates of Castletown are a 10-15 minute walk from most estates in Celbridge and parking is free in the village at weekends so I very rarely use the OPW car park.
    We really need a public pool, Clondalkin or Naas is where go at the moment for a family swim.
    Shopping's fine, pubs good, restaurants good (not as good as Maynooth), so overall a good report here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

The Mulk wrote: »
    I live in Celbridge and personally would put Leixlip a distant third behind Maynooth and Celbridge in the "MCL Triangle".;)

Living in Celbridge for the last 20 years or so, have 3 sets of relations in Leixlip.
    and would have to agree with the above.
    I would probably rate Maynooth a bit higher than Celbridge, due to transport links/ restaurants and shops.
    Main street in Leixlip can be a bit of a ghost town at times, and you'll have to go elsewhere for decent choice of grocery shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 poppy1974

Would anyone know where Cill Dara Close is in Celbridge?
    Is it a family friendly estate or full of teenagers drinking?

Any info is appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Cill Dara Close is Close to the entrance of Dara Court. It's a mature estate with not many teenagers drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Wordless

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Really ? I would have thought with the smaller population Maynooth would have been at the bottom for crime ?

Surely the number of the restaurants in Maynooth would preclude it from having any crime :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Sorry for bumping an older thread but there seems to be differing opinions on st Patrick's park here. We've been approved for less than we'd have liked for a mortgage and compromise is gonna have to happen. Just wondering if anyone has any stats on crime/current opinions on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Sorry for bumping an older thread but there seems to be differing opinions on st Patrick's park here. We've been approved for less than we'd have liked for a mortgage and compromise is gonna have to happen. Just wondering if anyone has any stats on crime/current opinions on it?

Hi mirrorwall,
    I've lived in celbridge my whole like, my parents live in Vanessa close which is quite near St Patrick's park. I've waked through it literally thousands of times and never seen an ounce of trouble, like everywhere, there are obviously some bad eggs living there but find me a place where there isn't. It's an older estate, older houses, unless you are buying in the newer part with the dormer bungalow style houses? What would put me off buying these would be the old house, that's it, they wouldn't have a great energy rating.
    Where abouts in St Patrick's park are you looking? Is it close to village end? Or up near the big Green? Or along the main road through the park?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Goose76

sorry if I should have started a new thread for this, appreciate this one is old...

what is the Castletown drive estate like? thanks.

Advertisement