Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa 461 for oz - new zealand partner

Options
  • 03-01-2014 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Hey all

Just wondering has anyone any experience with applying for this visa or is anyone on this visa at the moment !?

Basically i went to oz in january , met my kiwi girlfriend in march an have been together since !
    She moved in with me in august , neither of us are on a lease as we live with others and didnt want to sign a lease anyway as we wanted to save to get our own place !
    We opened a joint bank account in june and money goes into it every week from both our accounts . So we can use this as evidence.
    We also have a woolworths card in both our names which was sent to our current address.
    Most of the other post comes just in our own names like bank statements phone bill etc.
    We are in ireland for xmas so will have flight details to show we travelled together.
    We registered our relationship in sydney early december so jus waiting on the cert to come back - after the 28 day cooling off period.
    We have photos and other bits and pieces of evedince to provide with the application .
    My first year working holiday visa is up the 30th of jan so we will be lodging it around the 15th when we get back . Is this enough time ?
    We both filled out a stat decs , and got our parents to write one each.
    How many do we need ??? I might be able to get my cousin to write one as he has just got his oz citizenship.

So jus looking for more ideas or what else we should use as evidence ?

And whats my chances of getting it ?
    How long does it usually take ?

Regarding stat decs ive read that you need quiet a few if your going for a visa with an australian partner ,? And it looks like this visa is alot easier get , is this true ??

Many thanks , niall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

loads of time with the application. I submitted my application for temp partner visa the day before my 2nd WHV ran out. You go onto a bridging visa A while you wait about 10 months for them to get around to processing it (821). It might be longer or shorter for your visa.

You'll have to get Irish and AUS police checks done, get a medical to check for communicable diseases (TB, HIV etc..). Your stat dec and the 2 others are needed. Phone records are handy to submit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

pete4130 wrote: »
    loads of time with the application. I submitted my application for temp partner visa the day before my 2nd WHV ran out. You go onto a bridging visa A while you wait about 10 months for them to get around to processing it (821). It might be longer or shorter for your visa.

You'll have to get Irish and AUS police checks done, get a medical to check for communicable diseases (TB, HIV etc..). Your stat dec and the 2 others are needed. Phone records are handy to submit too.

Thanks for your reply

Nice one , ya it says on immi site it takes around 2 - 3 months for the visa to be granted , so hopefully i wont have to wait any longer .

We have both applied for police checks in australia so we should have them back soon.
    My girlfriend applied for one from new zealand already.
    I have just applied for my irish one too , they say it takes around 3 weeks so i presume i can send that in after i send in the application ??
    I have also got a refrence written by a peace commisioner in my home village.

Another question , does she need to fill in form 80 , or is it just me that needs to fill it in ? It doesnt really clearly say on the website ?

It's just you that needs to fill in the form 80 I think. My wife is Aussie so she didn't have to. Your partner being NZ might be different. They send you a checklist when they start to process your application with everything else you need to submit and give you 28 days to get it all in. If there are forms you can't get in within those 28 days just explain why and get them in as soon as possible.

The only things I haven't gotten in within the 28 days are the stat decs by 2 people that know us & my Irish police check. I work away for 3 weeks at a time so it makes it hard to get stuff organised.

Can anyone give me some advice on stat decs for this visa ?
    I have written one and my partner has written one , both on the proper stat dec forms , for me applicant and she the sponsor , both signed by justice of the peace !
    I got my mam to write one when we wer in ireland at xmas , signed by local peace commisioner .
    She got her dad to send one from newzealand and its signed off over there..
    Both written on jus ordinary writing paper.
    Is this enough ?
    I thought i would be able to get my cousin , a citizen to write one but he wont be back from holidays in time to do it before i submit the application !!

Any help much appreciated .

Cheers , niall

Written or typed is fine once they've been signed by the JP/Peace Commisioner.

I had a separate stat dec written out other than on the stat dec forms, it was a joint one. I stuck it in with the application.

If you can get bank records and phone records together to show proof of constant contact/relationship its no harm. I had to for my visa application. the NZ partner might be different though. The more evidence you have the better. I do think it is easier to get a visa granted in Aus with a kiwi partner rather than an Aus partner.

• Advertisement

pete4130 wrote: »
    Written or typed is fine once they've been signed by the JP/Peace Commisioner.

I had a separate stat dec written out other than on the stat dec forms, it was a joint one. I stuck it in with the application.

If you can get bank records and phone records together to show proof of constant contact/relationship its no harm. I had to for my visa application. the NZ partner might be different though. The more evidence you have the better. I do think it is easier to get a visa granted in Aus with a kiwi partner rather than an Aus partner.

Cheers
    Sounds good , think i should be fine with the stat decs i have so , and im sure if they want more they will contact me .
    Ya since your last reply we got some phone bills together and text messages together from us both which should help !
    Thanks !!

Advertisement