Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport pubs

Options
  • 03-01-2014 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi all

Heading to hen next sat night in Westport....staying in castle court... Just wondering if anyone knows a pub nearby with music...live or disco. We will be heading back to cc nightclub so don't want to go too far,,,

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Please the SEARCH functions, there are loads of threads there already with details of all the pubs in Westport

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=952&query=Pubs+Westport

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Hi Everyone,

I'm heading to Westport for a stag party next month, only going for the one night and will be arriving in Westport for about 2pm, is there any good activities that can be done up there?

Something that only takes a few hours etc...

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A few things mentioned here, hope something there suits.
    http://destinationwestport.com/things-to-do/activities/

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

biko wrote: »
    A few things mentioned here, hope something there suits.
    http://destinationwestport.com/things-to-do/activities/

Thanks Bud!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Annie2014

Youll have to go to Matt Molloys , you can always go across to Cosy Joes aswell .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

As in the pages Biko linked.

If only in Westort for part of day I suggest a walk on Bertra or Oldhead Beach before early dinner , pubbing and clubbing. Venues already listed before.

Enjoy

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

nuac wrote: »
    As in the pages Biko linked.

If only in Westort for part of day I suggest a walk on Bertra or Oldhead Beach before early dinner , pubbing and clubbing. Venues already listed before.

Enjoy

Whats left of it, no parking down there now so I would avoid it.

yop wrote: »
    Whats left of it, no parking down there now so I would avoid it.

Well in the old days we walked into it along the shore on the east side - road in only built in the 60's. Modern folk have it too easy..

Yes the erosion is serious and worrying. Sea can be ppwerful

double post

nuac wrote: »
    Well in the old days we walked into it along the shore on the east side - road in only built in the 60's. Modern folk have it too easy..

Yes the erosion is serious and worrying. Sea can be ppwerful

They need to fix it. The sign "please stay off the dunes" did nothing to deter people on horses going on it every Sunday. I said it to them one day, was told to fk off.
    Murrisk and Westport is in serious bother there now if that disappears totally.
    But as I was saying to Dad last night, there are no votes in Bertra repairs, so the money won't be spent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

I was there Sunday, The place was full of Cars parked along the Road, I had a nice bit of reverseing to do. Sad to see but its amazing the power of the sea.

voz es wrote: »
    I was there Sunday, The place was full of Cars parked along the Road, I had a nice bit of reverseing to do. Sad to see but its amazing the power of the sea.

Council need to either stop cars going down or sort better parking. Mate of mine lives there and was blocked into his house by some pleb parking too close to the exit.

Advertisement