Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was I switched to eMobile paperless billing without my consent??

Options
  • 03-01-2014 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I realized that I have stopped receiving paper bills. I do remember two text messages telling me to text back if I want to keep paper bills, and I replied to both. Still, paperless billing was discontinued without my consent.
    Also, it was explicitly stated that every month the bill amount will be texted. I have not received the text for my December bill. 
    The reason I'm so pi**ed off is that I left amount of money on my current account I thought will be sufficient to pay the bill. However, the bill was much higher due to roaming expenses. This caused my other direct debits to bounce as there weren't sufficient funds. 
    What's more infuriating, is that if you want to 'turn paperless billing off' (which is confusing in itself), you must accept Terms and Conditions, which state that eMobile can turn off paperless billing at any time. YES PLEASE!
    You would think state company would have enough staff in their overpaid bloated organisation to prevent blunders like that? I mean, do eMobile even keep track of complaints? I had data protection issue couple years ago, and I got no attention at all. State companies services in Ireland are cheapest, but customer services are atrocious.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

birchtree wrote: »
    I realized that I have stopped receiving paper bills. I do remember two text messages telling me to text back if I want to keep paper bills, and I replied to both. Still, paperless billing was discontinued without my consent.
    Also, it was explicitly stated that every month the bill amount will be texted. I have not received the text for my December bill. 
    The reason I'm so pi**ed off is that I left amount of money on my current account I thought will be sufficient to pay the bill. However, the bill was much higher due to roaming expenses. This caused my other direct debits to bounce as there weren't sufficient funds. 
    What's more infuriating, is that if you want to 'turn paperless billing off' (which is confusing in itself), you must accept Terms and Conditions, which state that eMobile can turn off paperless billing at any time. YES PLEASE!
    You would think state company would have enough staff in their overpaid bloated organisation to prevent blunders like that? I mean, do eMobile even keep track of complaints? I had data protection issue couple years ago, and I got no attention at all. State companies services in Ireland are cheapest, but customer services are atrocious.
    Hi birchtree
    Our apologies if you did not receive these.
    Certainly if you specifically requested to receive paper bills you should do so. Can you PM me your tel and pin number and I can sort this for you and you should have received the promised text.
    We keep records of all customer complaint cases and I can also chase this issue for you. Do you have a case reference number, or if not, do you have details of issue raised?
    I have to point out that eircom nor eMobile are no longer a state company, but in any case, correct procedures should be followed.
    I will get back to you as soon as we receive your details and hope to be able to sort this out.
    Tony

Advertisement