Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Some size too... think I could fit my entire kitchen in that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82,560 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

nava wrote: »
    I think a good price WD My Passport Ultra 1TB Portable Hard Drive - Blue. for €49.99, stock in some shops

Amazon has it for £49

Stock Update:
    Cork Mahon (Extra) In stock: 1
    Dundrum In stock: 2
    Galway In stock: 1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Rucksack back up to 62.99
    Bargain (or misprice) expired.

I stuck an order in and actually have a reservation number so pray for me on Monday when I brave their service staff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

Aquos76 wrote: »
    But can be ordered in most stores.

Are you saying that if something is on offer but out of stock it can be ordered in-store?

This Powerline adapter kit has been advertised for over a month but no stock in any store in Ireland...

• Advertisement

ejabrod wrote: »
    Are you saying that if something is on offer but out of stock it can be ordered in-store?

This Powerline adapter kit has been advertised for over a month but no stock in any store in Ireland...

It only applies to items that say they can be ordered.
    The powerline adaptor- is out of stock- and not available for order.
    Its one of the statuses that Argos can put on products.
    They only allow people to back order things they know are coming back into stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Sandisk 128GB USB3 flash drive down to €38.99. Good stock levels around the country...

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3561869.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Rucksack back up to 62.99
    Bargain (or misprice) expired.

Can someone please post a screenshot with the low price ?
    They started to ask for this lately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

tallpaul wrote: »
    Sandisk 128GB USB3 flash drive down to €38.99. Good stock levels around the country...

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3561869.htm

Very slow write speeds on this according to amazon reviews: 80mbps read, 8mbps write.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭RayCon

I stuck an order in and actually have a reservation number so pray for me on Monday when I brave their service staff :D

As have I .... am email showing the reduced price and a reservation number .. hopefully they'll honor it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I picked up the rucksack in Waterford store this morning, gave reservation number, price €62.99, showed them reservation email with €12.24 price on it and they honoured it for me.

0193D5CB-63C7-4DB6-8969-8BD4B10F9A8B_zpsbmfmnoww.jpg

Any comments on the rucksack quality? Does it seem more like a €12 rucksack or a €62 one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Any comments on the rucksack quality? Does it seem more like a €12 rucksack or a €62 one?

Have an order in for two for collection. A mate bought one for travelling a few months ago and said it was really good value. He paid full price but has been using it for 4 months and said it's still going strong.

We already have two of these, kids use them going away with scouts, they are over a year old now and are still perfect, no tears or rips and all zips are still perfect on them.

This is a great bargain make no mistake about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

ejabrod wrote: »

The link I posted clearly said it could be ordered in pretty much any store in Ireland. I'm not sure how you were confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Can someone tell me what Argos on Ebay (ROI) means? The item i want is out of stock, but when i click Argos on ebay (ROI) it says it can be ordered for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Tefal Illusion Pans, plenty in stock...

Tefal Illusion 28cm Stir Fry Pan €15.11 was €37.80
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1897377/Trail/searchtext%3ETEFAL+ILLUSION.htm

Tefal Illusion 32cm Frying Pan €15.11 was €37.8
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1917680/Trail/searchtext%3ETEFAL+ILLUSION.htm

Tefal Illusion 28cm Frying Pan €13.99 was €35.0
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1909980/Trail/searchtext%3ETEFAL+ILLUSION.htm

Tefal Illusion 24cm Frying Pan €12.87 was €32.2
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1917037/Trail/searchtext%3ETEFAL+ILLUSION.htm

Picked up the 32" frying pan tonight, Thanks for posting, chanced my arm with the HOME20 code at the till and it worked for an extra 20% off. Worth quoting for anything in the home department.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Ive got a reservation code and it says itll be available from Tuesday to Thursday
    does that mean I just collect it then or do i get another email?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Sirtoyou wrote: »
    Picked up the 32" frying pan tonight, Thanks for posting, chanced my arm with the HOME20 code at the till and it worked for an extra 20% off. Worth quoting for anything in the home department.

That's a big frying pan lol
    Prob a 32 cm

• Advertisement

GY A1 wrote: »
    That's a big frying pan lol
    Prob a 32 cm

tumblr_inline_n63j9qbnL11r36jqf.gif

I picked up another rucksack in the Waterford store this evening, had a reservation number for one i ordered in on Thursday, the cheaper price of €12.24 was again honoured once i showed them the reservation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

Hi all, I reserved the rucksack in store at the €12 price but only got a text message so I am worried about picking it up. Can anyone forward me a screenshot as it says my one is now in stock ready to collect??

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

It's only a screenshot of the price. Did you not get an email?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

duffman13 wrote: »
    It's only a screenshot of the price. Did you not get an email?

No when you do it in store they only give the option to add your phone number. Thank you for the screenshot!

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »
    Hi all, I reserved the rucksack in store at the €12 price but only got a text message so I am worried about picking it up. Can anyone forward me a screenshot as it says my one is now in stock ready to collect??

I think you'll be doing well to get it at the cheaper price without a copy of your reservation number and the price together, on both occasions when I collected my two, both managers commented about how lucky I was having the reservations emailed to me along with a text, as the text doesn't have the reserved price attached to it.

Mind you, they'll be able to see when you placed the reservation thru the reservation number, so maybe having a screenshot with the same date of the €12.24 price should help your cause.

rameire wrote: »
    No when you do it in store they only give the option to add your phone number. Thank you for the screenshot!

Just on this, collected mine no problem but he asked to see the email. I had it and he gave me the price but might be an issue for yourself. If you want I can forward on my reservation email and you can chance your arm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

12 children's story books reduced to €6.99
    Loads of stock
    http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=3553499

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Raging I missed that Rucksack, need something large and cheap for electric picnic :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement