Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

This is reduced to €45.99 http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3492880.htm

I've one reserved in Letterkenny,really want to reserve it in Wexford or Arklow but out of stock everywhere.

PM me if anyone want's the Letterkenny code.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Sirtoyou wrote: »
    Picked up the 32" frying pan tonight, Thanks for posting, chanced my arm with the HOME20 code at the till and it worked for an extra 20% off. Worth quoting for anything in the home department.

Damn. Typical I'm only reading this today after spending €50 there earlier.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Argos Waterford still honouring the €12.24 price for the rucksack upon seeing the reservation email with the lower price shown. My sister picked up her one this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Argos Waterford still honouring the €12.24 price for the rucksack upon seeing the reservation email with the lower price shown. My sister picked up her one this morning.

Did she get an arrival message? I went up to jervis yesterday with my confirmation email from the 9th and they had them in stock but mine was supposedly on a different delivery that hasn't arrived yet ( and probably never will ;)) Was in a rush so didnt argue the matter. He would have sold me one for €60 though!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

I picked up my 2 in Limerick yesterday and they had no problem honouring the €12.24 price once I showed them the email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I think you'll be doing well to get it at the cheaper price without a copy of your reservation number and the price together, on both occasions when I collected my two, both managers commented about how lucky I was having the reservations emailed to me along with a text, as the text doesn't have the reserved price attached to it.

Mind you, they'll be able to see when you placed the reservation thru the reservation number, so maybe having a screenshot with the same date of the €12.24 price should help your cause.

Well I'm in Blanch now collecting the rucksack. Showed them the screenshot and price was honoured without an eyelid being battered :) thanks all for your help!

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

battered eyelids? are you suggesting blanch is....rough?

Picked up my one yesterday and had no problem once I showed them the email. Cheers for the alert! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Masala

wouldn't pay €62.99 for it though......dunno how they decided on that price??

I got it at €12.24 as 'I might need it sometime down the line' kind of purchase. So... straight into attic it went!

Yup same here----it went straight into storage. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

My Mrs was in Liffey Valley today to collect the rucksack, same as above once the email was shown they let her take it for the €12.24

They told her it was supposed to be €12.24 off the original price!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

My Mrs was in Liffey Valley today to collect the rucksack, same as above once the email was shown they let her take it for the €12.24

They told her it was supposed to be €12.24 off the original price!!

feck it. I'm going in tomorrow with me email!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Argos deserve all the credit in the world for the way they honour these offers. They have always been amazing with regards this kind of stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Argos deserve all the credit in the world for the way they honour these offers. They have always been amazing with regards this kind of stuff.

They didn't honour the little tikes cozy coupe deal. I managed to get one but the majority of people were left hanging :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Sligo1 wrote: »
    They didn't honour the little tikes cozy coupe deal. I managed to get one but the majority of people were left hanging :(.

True but major misprices usually always get cancelled but Argos seem to honour most of them. They deserve a bit of credit

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Just collected my two in Liffey Valley this evening. Thanks OP. And thanks to Mark and Amy in Argos Liffey Valley who sorted me so quickly. The 12.24 was apparently supposed to be 12.24 off the original price- and it was to be a 2 day special. I suspect Argos are loosing a packet on us here in this thread.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

They just sent me an e-receipt in my e-mail there- in case I ever have a problem with the rucksacks. Ok- this is going way beyond the call of duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

duffman13 wrote: »
    True but major misprices usually always get cancelled but Argos seem to honour most of them. They deserve a bit of credit

Ah yea I know. I just felt bad for a lot of people who didn't get it. It was the same sorta mistake here I think. Meant to be the amount off the actual price not actually reduced to that amount. But yes, they are good the majority of the time tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Everytime I come into this thread, I am imagining this...

tWVxevml.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

The rucksack in that pic filled with other rucksacks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,079 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just spotted on Argos Scanner that the Google Nexus 9 is €279 for both the 16GB or the 32GB model.
    Must be a pricing mistake on the 32GB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just spotted on Argos Scanner that the Google Nexus 9 is €279 for both the 16GB or the 32GB model.
    Must be a pricing mistake on the 32GB.

Completely out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 7,146 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

White PS4 is €342 with Bloodborne free as one of the special offers. Bloodborne is worth €42 cash in CEX if its not your thing, making the console €300.

Pretty tempted!

Not a huge amount of stock though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Fairly sure this thread will be busy tomorrow. New deals start and the winter catalogue launches on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

I collected my rucksack yesterday from Mahon Point and it was seriously touch and go.
    Obviously the the girl on the till tried to charge me €62 because that's what came up on her screen so I showed her my email and she went to another computer and came back and said well done great bargain but I'll have to call a manager to change the price.

He then arrived and also went to this main computer and said he couldn't see it so she said no there was clearly a price drop six days ago and it went back up.

He then asked to see my email and said there's no way that's right it's 80% off, so I said look I'm after traveling 35 minutes in rush hour traffic and I have the price on my reservation so he reluctantly told her to give it to me.
    When I went to collect it then he was also there and he said to another guy who was standing next to him, here's the guy who's robbing us he got this rucksack for €12 to which the other guy replied I know ya loads of people got them which infuriated the manager even more so I just grabbed the bag and ran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I collected my rucksack yesterday from Mahon Point and it was seriously touch and go.
    Obviously the the girl on the till tried to charge me €62 because that's what came up on her screen so I showed her my email and she went to another computer and came back and said well done great bargain but I'll have to call a manager to change the price.

He then arrived and also went to this main computer and said he couldn't see it so she said no there was clearly a price drop six days ago and it went back up.

He then asked to see my email and said there's no way that's right it's 80% off, so I said look I'm after traveling 35 minutes in rush hour traffic and I have the price on my reservation so he reluctantly told her to give it to me.
    When I went to collect it then he was also there and he said to another guy who was standing next to him, here's the guy who's robbing us he got this rucksack for €12 to which the other guy replied I know ya loads of people got them which infuriated the manager even more so I just grabbed the bag and ran.

Cheeky phek, I would put in a complaint to head office, a retail manager I hope it wasn't a store manager that has no item about customer laws in Ireland.

Sounds like they're meeting their gimp ratio on customer service staff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

That manager sounds like a douche, at the end of the day the money isn't coming out of his own pocket. On the opposite end, the manager in the store I got that set of drawers in a few months back came over to help the cashier and saw the deal and laughed about it and basically congratulated me on getting such a bargain and also offered to help carry it out to the car lol.

Sure Argos lose out a bit with things like this sometimes but all chain stores expect a certain amount of losses through theft and other things but it's managers like the one that served me that keeps you going back to them and sharing positive experiences.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

If it were me, I'd be writing to Argos Head Office in the Uk to put in a complaint. He accused you of theft...I wouldnt let that go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement