Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Let it go. No point getting the guy sacked over a momentary lapse. Let's face it, it is daylight robbery. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

He was obviously trying to be smart and made a balls of it.

Should've replied saying something about green rucksacks never sell 'cause envy is a terrible thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

it's definately not THEFT, might be FRAUD though :-P

If it were me, I'd be writing to Argos Head Office in the Uk to put in a complaint. He accused you of theft...I wouldnt let that go.

For me it would depend on how he said it. If it was jokingly then no bother. If he was deadly serious then I'd be firing in a complaint (mostly in the hope of getting a free voucher though!).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

For me it would depend on how he said it. If it was jokingly then no bother. If he was deadly serious then I'd be firing in a complaint (mostly in the hope of getting a free voucher though!).

I really hate that kind of complaint, if you've had a bad experience complain to the manager on duty, if he is a douche escalate it to stop it happening to someone else, not to get a free voucher.

If he said that he was clearly joking otherwise he wouldn't have honoured the price.

The conducter said it earlier but thanks to Mark in Liffey Valley who gave me my two and said I'd got a great deal. Seems like a really nice guy

• Advertisement

So you're saying it's better to do it with an intent of getting someone sacked than getting a fiver voucher for a laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Ordin73

I collected mine a little while ago and the girl at the register initially said it was the €62 price. I showed her the reservation and she double checked on another computer only to return and congratulate me on getting such a bargain. Then when it when to collect it another girl saw what I was collecting, winked and said well done you are one of the lucky ones ..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Apologies for off topic

How about we get back to the thread title....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Argos deserve all the credit in the world for the way they honour these offers. They have always been amazing with regards this kind of stuff.

The best one was the Macbook I posted for €290,I think only 3 were purchased before they copped it......I didn't get one:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

So you're saying it's better to do it with an intent of getting someone sacked than getting a fiver voucher for a laugh?

Not at all but you complaining to get a five euro voucher could get someone sacked anyway. I'm saying complain with the intentions of rectifying the problem, not to get a voucher. Anyway I've already gone off topic so I'll park it there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

GY A1 wrote: »
    That's a big frying pan lol
    Prob a 32 cm

It is yeah!

Bought one of those 3 years ago and served me well. Great for a big fry up, 3 steaks or sealing big joints of meat. Think it was about €16 in Heitons at that time.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I collected my rucksack yesterday from Mahon Point and it was seriously touch and go.
    Obviously the the girl on the till tried to charge me €62 because that's what came up on her screen so I showed her my email and she went to another computer and came back and said well done great bargain but I'll have to call a manager to change the price.

He then arrived and also went to this main computer and said he couldn't see it so she said no there was clearly a price drop six days ago and it went back up.

He then asked to see my email and said there's no way that's right it's 80% off, so I said look I'm after traveling 35 minutes in rush hour traffic and I have the price on my reservation so he reluctantly told her to give it to me.
    When I went to collect it then he was also there and he said to another guy who was standing next to him, here's the guy who's robbing us he got this rucksack for €12 to which the other guy replied I know ya loads of people got them which infuriated the manager even more so I just grabbed the bag and ran.

I have had dealings with the manager in there in the past. So rude. I made a complaint to head office about him. I would suggest you to do the same. Complete and utter tw@t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

I remember when argos bargain alerts used to be posted in this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭pah

duffman13 wrote: »
    I really hate that kind of complaint, if you've had a bad experience complain to the manager on duty, if he is a douche escalate it to stop it happening to someone else, not to get a free voucher.

If he said that he was clearly joking otherwise he wouldn't have honoured the price.

The conducter said it earlier but thanks to Mark in Liffey Valley who gave me my two and said I'd got a great deal. Seems like a really nice guy

There are people like that in every job. They work for a company or an organisation and you get a bargain or you put in a genuine mileage claim and they act like it's coming out of their own pocket or something. gets on my tits no end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

BigCon wrote: »

That's a great bargain you posted here, any chance of a link to it? Good to see instead of further contributing to off topic chat you're sharing bargains yourself...oh, wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

my what a memory you have :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

I collected my rucksack yesterday from Mahon Point and it was seriously touch and go.
    Obviously the the girl on the till tried to charge me €62 because that's what came up on her screen so I showed her my email and she went to another computer and came back and said well done great bargain but I'll have to call a manager to change the price.

He then arrived and also went to this main computer and said he couldn't see it so she said no there was clearly a price drop six days ago and it went back up.

He then asked to see my email and said there's no way that's right it's 80% off, so I said look I'm after traveling 35 minutes in rush hour traffic and I have the price on my reservation so he reluctantly told her to give it to me.
    When I went to collect it then he was also there and he said to another guy who was standing next to him, here's the guy who's robbing us he got this rucksack for €12 to which the other guy replied I know ya loads of people got them which infuriated the manager even more so I just grabbed the bag and ran.
    Techmaster wrote: »
    I have had dealings with the manager in there in the past. So rude. I made a complaint to head office about him. I would suggest you to do the same. Complete and utter tw@t.

I had a similar kind of problem. I had reserved a product that was on discount. But when I collected it, I was charged the normal price. I didn't notice it at the store. After I came home I noticed the over pricing (without the discount). I went to the store next day and told them about the issue. Also, the product was still on discount (when I visited for refund); I mentioned that to the staff too. Then, the staff member refunded me the difference without any hazzle.

But in my case the product was still on discount on the next day (when I visited the store again for the refund) too. In the first case discussed above, the item was not on discount during collection.

Whatever is the case, the staff should be amicable with the customers. Any kind of staff member's inappropriate behaviour with the customers is not correct.

Yeah but we're talking about an Argos bargain and moreover discussing the customer service at a particular Argos store. Surely that's not unreasonably off-topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,085 ✭✭✭✭muffler

With respect all such chat and complaints should be debated in the Consumer Issues forum

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Fe@k the bargains; Luvva bitta drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

At least it's gotten better since the "I've got loads of codes for other boardsies" heroes have been ousted ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I agree that these topics generally derail a thread. But unless people like us talk about it then these type of bargains will never survive.

People, customers and managers need to be made aware that firstly you can't just abuse customers because there getting something for cheap.

Secondly, it encourages people to seek out the bargain and not to settle for what your told first time. Stick it to them with what you know and that you know your rights. To it in a polite way also. This information is just as much a bargain alert as any. People sharing there experiences positive and bad helps others that may become the next person to face the clueless customer service desk person, cashier or manager.

It steers the topic slightly away from actual bargains. But its happened to me many times and had I not said anything or complained online to head office, I would have ended up paying full price or not getting a cash back etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Argos deserve all the credit in the world for the way they honour these offers. They have always been amazing with regards this kind of stuff.

Agreed. I just got mine rucksack from Drogheda just now.

Have to say that bringing the email confirmation made it a smooth purchase so I recommend anybody who hasn't collected theirs yet to print it off.

Your man at the till said "€62.... Eh I just need to check the price". Came back and keyed in something , no bother.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Invincible

zerks wrote: »

For €10 extra I'd get the Nexus 7 16GB or €30 more for 32GB version @ €179.99

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

I reserved the rucksack but the email sent was its orginal price. So that deal expired. Boo

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I reserved the rucksack but the email sent was its orginal price. So that deal expired. Boo

When did you reserve it? That price of €12.24 was only up on the system for one day last week.

New catalogue out

Who's first to spot a misprice ?

I think there's going to be a lot of disappointed customers
    A few thing I've looked at have gone up a lot
    I guess the really bad rate for Sterling is now being passed on

• Registered Users Posts: 49 maxiiim

So far scanner.today sees only 25 items went up vs yesterday, same items for co.uk and no other price changes - I guess tomorrow...
    CH3OH wrote: »
    New catalogue out

Who's first to spot a misprice ?

I think there's going to be a lot of disappointed customers
    A few thing I've looked at have gone up a lot
    I guess the really bad rate for Sterling is now being passed on

• Advertisement

I've found one dropping tomorrow
    Canon Sx410 black 4294623
    red 4254649

Currently €399.99 :eek:
    from tomorrow a more realistic €199.99( It is £167 on Amazon)

If you are planning on buying anything tomorrow, I would reserve tonight before midnight

If it goes up in price , there is a good chance that you could get it at the reserved price with a printout.

If it goes down in price , you'll get it at the lower price

they've just took down the reservation system

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement