Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

RossieMan wrote: »
    Can there be bans handed out for code requests please? People getting greedy reserving it in multiple branches being ***** and then trying to platy the white knight cases offering them up. Should be banned from BAs altogether.

Sounds like someone didn't get a printer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

RossieMan wrote:
    Can there be bans handed out for code requests please? People getting greedy reserving it in multiple branches being ***** and then trying to platy the white knight cases offering them up. Should be banned from BAs altogether.

What annoys me is I come here looking for bargains and it's all code requests and I reserved but didn't bother picking it up

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I signed up to their site over the weekend and went as far as payment details but then decided to leave it.

I got a missed call from them yesterday and then an email today with a 10% code if I wanted to complete my purchase.

Same here. I answered the call and it was some guy asking if I wanted to place an order over the phone and said I could call back if I needed anything.

I'll probably use the 10% code once I get the printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

It's more about posters being too stupid to notice that the thread title specifically states NO CODE REQUESTS...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Picked up the Epson printer today, came up at 58 on the self service so had to show the email but got it for 21.99 without any problems. Have it set up now. Excellent value.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Requesting and swapping of codes is what has been banned. Offering them is ok and someone responding to that offer asking can they have it etc. is also ok. What's not ok is a general request like "does anyone have a code for..." and these types of posts are being deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Surely someone reserving in multiply stores and offering the codes then is idiotic? Fair enough for someone who can't get in and wants to be useful and not let it go to waste. These people reserving in multiple stores are what gets me, I don't even want a printer, but I'm sure some people do. There's a separate thread for codes to be fair, that's where they should be going.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

RossieMan wrote: »
    Surely someone reserving in multiply stores and offering the codes then is idiotic? Fair enough for someone who can't get in and wants to be useful and not let it go to waste. These people reserving in multiple stores are what gets me, I don't even want a printer, but I'm sure some people do. There's a separate thread for codes to be fair, that's where they should be going.

This has already been debated to the death on an open thread in feedback I think it was. And this was the best solution we could come up with and most people agreed on. I don't believe we're encouraging people to order in multiple stores any more, like what was happening before we brought these new rules in when people were just snapping them up to swap for something else they actually wanted. If they're doing it now it's for their own reasons and there's nothing we can do about that. If you read the first post on the codes thread you'll see we do ask that people don't do it for the sake of getting a pat on the back on Boards.

The separate thread for codes was a trial more than anything, we didn't know if it was going to work or if we should just let people offer their codes on the individual Argos threads. So nothing was set in stone in this regard.

Anyway like I said, this has already been discussed and agreed upon by mods, admins and many users so this is not the place to discuss it again. I just thought I'd make a few comments to clear things up, but let's leave it at that now and get back on topic, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭ALS

fdevine wrote: »
    Reservation available for Liffey Valley for Epson printer. Collection before COB on Thursday. First to PM will get a screenshot of the reservation email showing price at €21.99

Still available ? Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Macker2001 wrote: »
    If you still have a code for Ashbourne, I'd like it. Thanks 😊

sorry, gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭davehey79

Just picked mine up in Argos Longford. Was quoted the €58.99 price showed the email and no bother she gave it to me at the €21.99.
    Cheers OP nice bargain as my old one gave up the ghost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

just collected mine in galway price swapped not a bother.

On leaving car park seen a guy with one strapped onto the back of a push bike

Fellow boardsie i'd imagine

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Bazzy wrote: »
    On leaving car park seen a guy with one strapped onto the back of a push bike

Fellow boardsie i'd imagine

Which one of yas was it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Just got my printer cheaper price honoured and I had a five euro voucher. Great bargain. Cheaper than ink for my old non wifi printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Reservation code I had for Liffey Valley has been claimed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

I have a code for Liffey Valley until tomorrow if anybody needs one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭ALS

Lau2976 wrote: »
    I have a code for Liffey Valley until tomorrow if anybody needs one.

Would love it
    Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

If anybody is looking for a half decent brand name smartphone Xperia T3 sim free model is now at it cheapest price of €139.95

Limited stock around the country

http://www.checkargos.com/?search=357/7059

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=3577059&authToken=

Hot Chilli Glass Worktop Saver
    http://checkargos.com/?search=8422604
    €4.16 was €13.99

Stainless Steel Milk Frother
    http://checkargos.com/?search=9059289
    €2.97 was €7.49

Fisher-Price Poppity Pop Assortment
    http://checkargos.com/?search=4246248
    €5.99 was €11.99

• Registered Users Posts: 7,146 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

tommycahir wrote: »
    If anybody is looking for a half decent brand name smartphone Xperia T3 sim free model is now at it cheapest price of €139.95

Limited stock around the country

http://www.checkargos.com/?search=357/7059

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=3577059&authToken=

€10 voucher for spending over €100 too
    (just and FYI €5 for over €50 available too, so make sure to split your orders to try maximise this :) )

• Advertisement

€10 voucher for spending over €100 too
    (just and FYI €5 for over €50 available too, so make sure to split your orders to try maximise this :) )

Just checked when they were eligible for.. its not bad, three weeks to spend it.

Free €10 voucher when you spend €100 or more
    Free €5 voucher when you spend €50 or more
    WITH ANY PURCHASE BETWEEN 26TH AUGUST AND 1ST SEPTEMBER
    & SPEND BETWEEN THE 26TH AUGUST AND 22ND SEPTEMBER

Fisher-Price Poppity Pop Assortment
    http://checkargos.com/?search=4246248
    €5.99 was €11.99

I know a wee one who is currently giving me a rest and enjoying one of these instead, thanks a lot :)

I know a wee one who is currently giving me a rest and enjoying one of these instead, thanks a lot :)

Good to hear :)

I'm picking one up this evening along with one of these

Fisher-Price Stay 'n' Play Bath Friends
    http://checkargos.com/?search=915/1651
    €4.99 was €13.49

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Picked up 2 of these today for christmas gifts

http://node.checkargos.com/?search=3315778

Ideal for sisters, aunts, anyone really.

They smell and and look more than the price paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Picked up my printer today, thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Great printer thanks all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

No bother collecting printer in Waterford earlier, had to get manager to change the price but was told by staff they were flying out the door:D:P:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

fdevine wrote: »
    Ordered one for Liffey Valley within the same timeframe as you (Tues-Thurs).

Reservation confirmation number received but nothing else.

As it happens I got lucky with Argos Blanchardstown and managed to reserve one last Friday for pickup on Saturday.

Was this price only within a timeframe Tues-Thurs?
    I'm not needing one now, but at that price? & wireless too, not bad!
    & thanks to OP for inkjet.ie as cartridges are cheap there!

Is it with certain products on sale for a couple of days, as i see the low price & hi price on the tv ads, is that a new thing to advertise old price or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

as i see the low price & hi price on the tv ads, is that a new thing to advertise old price or something else?

The high & low price is on checkargos.com which isn't anything to do with the official argos website. It's a 3rd party website designed by a boards.ie member.

It's to help users know if the current price is the best price or to wait. :)

• Advertisement

I set the printer up last night. The iPad app will be very handy for printing email reservations etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement