Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 JustinTables

I bought one in Athlone last week and it had the physical buttons, I seen from a few people mentioning that the all seem to be the newer model

Great thank you. Have one ordered with TPP. Going to pick it up later. Thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭projektzwoo

I bought one last week in Cork. It was new model. You can double check while collecting, there is CUH number on the side of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,146 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I think you can even tell from the picture on the box, if the "500gb" is in a square its the new model (don't quote me on this :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    I bought that one on amazon about 18 months ago. The best tooth clean you will ever get. Would recommend it for sure. Cost £75 but got it on vouchers from acumen surveys, so win win.

I bought it on amazon a few months ago. There was a Father's Day offer of "£20 off" and Oral B confirmed through email that I was eligible for it in Ireland.

The promotions crowd sent me a cheque for €20, saying that I wasn't actually eligible but they were giving it to me as a goodwill gesture. It cleared for about €18 after the bank commission.

Not sure if that was a win or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

Half price Pierre Cardin Holdall. Low stock. I picked a small (55 litre) yesterday and it's good quality and I'm happy with it. -

Small - http://www.checkargos.com/?search=3436798
    Medium - http://www.checkargos.com/?search=3191703
    Large - http://www.checkargos.com/?search=3436279

Couple of Euro more expensive than their lowest ever price thanks to the new graph for making me feel like I got slightly less of a bargin! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Nandos glove & hot sauce http://node.checkargos.com/?search=2377449

Tetley drip tray set... Not many left at this price http://node.checkargos.com/?search=2187725

Nandos glove & hot sauce http://node.checkargos.com/?search=2377449

Tetley drip tray set... Not many left at this price http://node.checkargos.com/?search=2187725

• Registered Users Posts: 44 michael1930

is this good value, lg g3 for 325 euro, thanks. can't post link.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

is this good value, lg g3 for 325 euro, thanks. can't post link.

Its an good price- the phone itself is end-of-life- but specs wise its a well spec'ed smart phone.

Ignore the reduction in price- it is a good price- however the current selling price for the phone elsewhere as a SIM free phone is in the region of 350 Euro (for example Expansys- who no-one on earth would accuse of being a discounter- have it at 365 Euro)

Major downside for me- its not 4G, and I'm not totally enamoured with the camera on it- however, these may not matter to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Its an good price- the phone itself is end-of-life- but specs wise its a well spec'ed smart phone.

Major downside for me- its not 4G, and I'm not totally enamoured with the camera on it- however, these may not matter to you.

I'm pretty sure it is 4G, smashing phone for the price, organised one for a colleague at work and was very impressed with all areas of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'm pretty sure it is 4G, smashing phone for the price, organised one for a colleague at work and was very impressed with all areas of it.

Yep- it is- checked out the details on GSM Arena- Argos's details are incomplete.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Folks, its the missus' birthday coming and I'd really like to get her one of these. Is there a kind soul in Letterkenny that would post it to Dublin with obvious reimbursement?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Folks, its the missus' birthday coming and I'd really like to get her one of these. Is there a kind soul in Letterkenny that would post it to Dublin with obvious reimbursement?

Just looked at the check argos link to see what it was and lo and behold there was one in stock in Letterkenny - I reserved it and have pm'd you the code - you have until the end of today to pick it up.
    :)

(There wasn't an actual code request there so I think that's ok!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Think he was asking for someone in Letterkenny to buy it and post it to Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Danger781 wrote: »

DOH!

zinzan wrote:
    Just looked at the check argos link to see what it was and lo and behold there was one in stock in Letterkenny - I reserved it and have pm'd you the code - you have until the end of today to pick it up.
    (There wasn't an actual code request there so I think that's ok!)

Danger781 wrote:
    I was! I won't be getting up to Letterkenny any time soon! Thanks though Zinzan!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I was! I won't be getting up to Letterkenny any time soon! Thanks though Zinzan!

Do you have any family up that way could go get it for you if you gave them the code ?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Ah pants - thought I was doing my good deed for the day there..

(Note to self - don't make any judgement calls before 7am!)

Ste- wrote:
    Do you have any family up that way could go get it for you if you gave them the code ?

Nah! The only time I've been in Donegal was for the rally or to see the Town beat lumps out of Harps!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

or to see the Town beat lumps out of Harps!
    Good luck in getting a kind soul from Letterkenny to post it after that comment! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ummm, am I going nuts or did Argos Wicklow Town disappear? I always had it in the back of my mind that if something was out of stock in Dun Laoighre I would shoot down to Wicklow to get it, was there ever one there?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,085 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Basq wrote: »
    Good luck in getting a kind soul from Letterkenny to post it after that comment! ;)
    Spot on Basq :)

A wise old man once said....."never piss on the dog when you've your hand in its mouth"

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭little foot

Thargor wrote:
    Ummm, am I going nuts or did Argos Wicklow Town disappear? I always had it in the back of my mind that if something was out of stock in Dun Laoighre I would shoot down to Wicklow to get it, was there ever one there?

Its in Arklow, never one in Wicklow town afaik

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Thargor wrote: »

I've lived in Wicklow Town for 14 years and there's never been an Argos here in that time.

Edit: There's one in Arklow?

Phone customer service, explain the problem, give them the code and ask nicely if they could transfer it to your local store.

I chanced my arm before and they did,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    Phone customer service, explain the problem, give them the code and ask nicely if they could transfer it to your local store.

I chanced my arm before and they did,

Oh... my.. God... LEVEL 2 has just been reached

muffler wrote:
    A wise old man once said....."never piss on the dog when you've your hand in its mouth"
    Basq wrote:
    Good luck in getting a kind soul from Letterkenny to post it after that comment!

Ah nothing only a bit of banter for our rivals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

This slipped under my radar given I've been on the look out for such a drive lately, but Argos have a very limited amount of Seagate Personal Cloud 5TB versions for €188 since the end of July (probably the reason for the limited stock)
    http://www.checkargos.com/?search=368/7932

They're £169(€230 or so) on Amazon so a pretty good price for a B&M.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭CH3OH

BLANCHARDSTOWN. ONLY

They are giving out leaflets offering 20% off all toys excludes video consoles and games
    Toysrus have just reopened

You need the leaflet and says applies to all other offers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Explains why all the toys have gone up 20-30% in the last few weeks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement