Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Still a good deal. I've a ps3 which I could sell for 60 to cex and could get a kinnect for the kids.

I assume a kinnect with work with it ??

Keep the PS3 for the sake of 60 euros as they is endless amounts of cheap games you can pick up for it for your kids in CEX loads of really good stuff for less then 4 euros a game.

Also don't waste your time with Kinnect 2.0 as there is basically no new games that support it anymore Microsoft have forgot about it completely and other then i think maybe 3 games that support it as the controller and a few other games that use it as add ons i would keep the money and buy 2 cheap Ps move controllers for cheap and get them loads of PS move games as must are only like a euro or two in CEX.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Was in Argos Waterford City yesterday and saw a Philips 49PUS7809/12 49In 4K Ultra HD 3D Smart LED TV for €750 in the clearance section Cath 309/5012 but cant find it, may be old stock,they only had one.dont know anything else about it but for anybody who is passing might be a bargain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=Cat+construction+rig&authToken=

http://www.checkargos.com/?search=3311844

Just reserved this for my little lads bday. Seems a good price and he's mad into trucks at the moment! They were all out yesterday but I've been refreshing the stock checker at close of shop yesterday and today with the hope reserved items that weren't picked up would go back online and I hit the jackpot! . There's a few more up again now. Might be a couple more up tomorrow at 6 and 9pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Sligo1 wrote: »
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=Cat+construction+rig&authToken=

http://www.checkargos.com/?search=3311844

Just reserved this for my little lads bday. Seems a good price and he's mad into trucks at the moment! They were all out yesterday but I've been refreshing the stock checker at close of shop yesterday and today with the hope reserved items that weren't picked up would go back online and I hit the jackpot! . There's a few more up again now. Might be a couple more up tomorrow at 6 and 9pm.

Can now be ordered from dundrum, dun laoghaire and is in stock in a few more places now for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

SanDisk Ultra microSDHC 64GB Memory Card with Adaptor. Not a bad price for bricks and mortar store.

http://www.checkargos.com/?search=3392210

Good stock levels in most places. 32GB for 16.99 too.

• Advertisement

Tis a very good price but I wonder would it be one of the older versions with the slower write/read speeds?

Tis a very good price but I wonder would it be one of the older versions with the slower write/read speeds?

It's UHS-I, Class 10, up to 80MB/s or 533X. Don't know if that's good or bad these days though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

TJJP wrote: »
    It's UHS-I, Class 10, up to 80MB/s or 533X. Don't know if that's good or bad these days though.

How'd you get that?

If you google the EAN No on Argos it gets ya this page, which leads to this page which gives you a review with these speeds: 45.98MB/s read 35.92MB/s write

Pic of one attached..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

TJJP wrote: »
    SanDisk Ultra microSDHC 64GB Memory Card with Adaptor. Not a bad price for bricks and mortar store.

http://www.checkargos.com/?search=3392210

Good stock levels in most places. 32GB for 16.99 too.

MicroSDHC memory card.

64GB capacity.
    Read speed 30MB per sec.
    Includes microSD adaptor to convert to SD size, for compatible devices.
    EAN: 619659123048.

MicroSDHC memory card.

32GB capacity.
    Read speed 30MB per sec.
    Includes microSD adaptor to convert to SD size, for compatible devices.
    EAN: 619659124373. - from Argos.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Argos have had a lot of great deals of late. Especially memory usb/SD. The 128GB card is 55 quid at the moment, I cant find much better elsewhere even online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Argos have had a lot of great deals of late. Especially memory usb/SD. The 128GB card is 55 quid at the moment, I cant find much better elsewhere even online.

Picked one of those up just now.
    54.99 pounds on amazon. 20 euro off on argos. tis a steal at 54.99 euro and a 5 euro gift card for argos coz you spend over 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,085 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Not doubting the good value to be had in Argos but for anyone who is interested 7dayshop have a few 128gb cards at a damn good price at the moment. £3 extra for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

muffler wrote: »
    Not doubting the good value to be had in Argos but for anyone who is interested 7dayshop have a few 128gb cards at a damn good price at the moment. £3 extra for delivery

Argos is selling a 128GB micro sd for 55€, those appear to be regular large SD cards. There does seem to be better pricing on memoryc, but not sandisk cards. Still a good deal at argos imo. Don't think I can justify it at the moment however!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Don't think I can justify it at the moment however!

This is bargain alerts, you don't justify anything, you just buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

It's a little convoluted, but in case anyone was looking to pick up a ps4.

1TB console bundled with assassins creed and watchdogs (445/9884) is €465.29 (Xtra-Vision and Smiths have the same pack for 399.99). However, in the sales tab, if you get it with The Nathan Drake Collection (444/8091), they can be bought together for €379.99.

In case you don't want the games, Uncharted goes to cex for 31, assassins creed for 38 and watchdogs for 9, leaving you with a console for €301.99, which is €88 cheaper than their console only price.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Pints?

I went into the Jervis branch yesterday to buy a Galaxy S6 which was on sale at 570 but when I got to till it only cost me 400. Dunno if it was a glitch in their system or what but might be worth checking out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Pints? wrote: »
    I went into the Jervis branch yesterday to buy a Galaxy S6 which was on sale at 570 but when I got to till it only cost me 400. Dunno if it was a glitch in their system or what but might be worth checking out!

€400 for a phone :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Pints?

Yeah but on a contract of 15 yoyos a month im practically making money!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

degsie wrote: »

seems very good for a new S6!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

seems very good for a new S6!

What does it do a phone half the price can't?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

What does a dearer car do? or dearer clothes?

400 for an S6 is an unreal price.

-sent from my iPhone

It does it better.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It gets people with a cheaper phone to ask "What does it do that my phone can't do?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

The Galaxy s6 was never that price in Argos, Are you sure they didn't sell you a galaxy s4 for €399.95 instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

I know its slightly dated, but the LG G3 is down to €289, for that price its a bargain, they're being sold second hand for that and more

• Registered Users Posts: 9,997 ✭✭✭dodzy

degsie wrote: »
    Marty mc a Fly, is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭skinnie

Thanks for this, got one in Ilac for 399.95. S6. Must be a glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'm on my way into Argos in about 1 hour and reserved one in white. I'll chance my arm at the self service machine and if not €400 worth a shot for herselfs Christine present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

skinnie wrote: »
    Thanks for this, got one in Ilac for 399.95. S6. Must be a glitch.

Do you have a cat number for this? I just reserved one in Clonmel but its an S6 at 559.95? Is this the same phone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement