Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,079 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just picked up an S6 in Black in Carlow for €400.

I used the Quick Pay machine but just be careful because the €10 voucher didn't print out but the guys behind the counter gave me one when I mentioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

i was able to pick one up in cork for 400 thanks op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Those who nabbed the S6 get a 6 month subscription to Google Play Music gratis.

But by the looks of it, Google Play has to be activated on the handset by Nov 1st & the offer redeemed by Dec 1st.

https://twitter.com/samsungireland/status/648890464104509440/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

http://www.samsung.com/ie/GooglePlayMusic/terms.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 43,888 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I have a reservation for a Black S6 in Sligo.. no idea if misprice is valid there or not!

First PM gets it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

When I checked with the girl, left and got credit card and went back and bought it there was no question about the price but when I returned 10 minutes later to buy a second €400 phone there was a curious look of why the credit card wasn't in my name(wifes name). :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

400 for a phone though. This time next year they will be worth half that.

And you buy a car for a few thousand and it looses some value in a year.

A laptop is worth very little after a year.

Nobody will give you anything for a pair of runners that you've used everyday for a year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

emmetkenny wrote: »

Nobody will give you anything for a pair of runners that you've used everyday for a year ;)

Even though your second name is Kenny that's a good answer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭pah

i was able to pick one up in cork for 400 thanks op

Can I ask which store?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

emmetkenny wrote:
    Nobody will give you anything for a pair of runners that you've used everyday for a year

Are you selling runners? How much?

• Advertisement

Just got the black model for 399.95 and the €10 voucher on top, queens old castle, cork. Cheers to OP for this, great deal for an S6. Great BA.

Dard23 wrote: »
    Are you selling runners? How much?

€50. Half what I paid !!

Looking at the prices I gues the S6 was somwhow mixed up with the S4 as the latter is priced at €399.95

Galaxy s4 Black

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

The argument is stupid, it is like saying why spend money on food 🍔🍟 when it is going to come out as sh!t 💩 in the morning 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Fair point.

I use a phone for phoning people mainly , maps youtube and facebook. Might even play the odd game of candy crush....

A 45 euro motorola moto e does all that with ease.

I would think most s6 users do the exact same but pay big money for it.

Fair point.

I use a phone for phoning people mainly , maps youtube and facebook. Might even play the odd game of candy crush....

A 45 euro motorola moto e does all that with ease.

I would think most s6 users do the exact same but pay big money for it.

Different types of phones marketed at different people. And I'd say most people use their phones as cameras as well.

The S6 has a better battery, faster processor, better screen, bigger screen, better camera and is on a newer version of Android, it will also get more updates than the Motorola. It is also made from much more premium materials, ie glass and metal over plastic.

Think of it this way a fiat punto will do the same as Audi a4. One costs a lot more than the other, but one is a far superior car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Is this phone ****e still going on? Can you take it to pm's? This is for BA's, not general chat about an already overpriced phone because of its brand name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Think of it this way a fiat punto will do the same as Audi a4. One costs a lot more than the other, but one is a far superior car.

Too right. The Punto is a mighty yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

RossieMan wrote: »
    Is this phone ****e still going on? Can you take it to pm's? This is for BA's, not general chat about an already overpriced phone because of its brand name.

Back to China Rossie!!

RossieMan wrote: »

The problem was somebody saying that a phone which could be got for over €100 or 20% less than the next cheapest place was not a bargain alert when clearly it ****ing is.

That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

pah wrote: »
    Can I ask which store?

The one in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Abcd1 wrote: »
    Anyone got a reservation code for anywhere in Dublin for S6 they are not gonna use ?

What happened to 'no code requests'?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Abcd1

Sorry didn't realise there was such a thing .. Accept my apologies ..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Seeing as i have both the s6 and a galaxy galaxy something or other worth not much there is a massive difference.

The speed of the device is the most noticeable then screen size resolution camera storage weight.

A cheaper alternative is just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭dan786

Did anyone manage to get an S6 at reduced price today?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

OOS everywhere

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

kingbob387 wrote: »
    OOS everywhere

I've a reservation for Stephen's Green valid until 19.00 if anyone wants it (PM me please).

And code now gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,888 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've a reservation for Stephen's Green valid until 19.00 if anyone wants it (PM me please).
    Same as for Sligo.

EDIT: Actually, only valid til 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭KathleenF

PM'd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

Damn, too late :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement