Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭skyblueflyer

dan786 wrote: »
    No longer works in Jervis, iLac or Stephen Green.

Tallaght did not work from start.

All stores were told to call customers informing them of the price error.

Got one in Stephens Green today around lunchtime, the self service didn't work but it did at the counter, have two codes for the Jervis if anyone wants to try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭dan786

Got one in Stephens Green today around lunchtime, the self service didn't work but it did at the counter, have two codes for the Jervis if anyone wants to try them.

They called customers around 5pm. They were working before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

I've a reservation in Omni and Tallaght but didn't receive any calls at all!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,144 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Argos have a Fisher price travel cot for € 29.19 Thought this looked pretty good value and its the lowest price it has ever been.

http://www.checkargos.com/?search=3898484

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Apologies if this is the wrong thread. Reserved an iron yesterday which was half price ending yesterday for collection up until close of business today. Todays price is 101.99 - will the reduced price be honoured or is it the price on the day of collection. Would like to know in advance as the shop is 15 miles away.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Apologies if this is the wrong thread. Reserved an iron yesterday which was half price ending yesterday for collection up until close of business today. Todays price is 101.99 - will the reduced price be honoured or is it the price on the day of collection. Would like to know in advance as the shop is 15 miles away.

Thanks

They have always honoured a reserve price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Thanks

Noone can say for sure, In lots of cases the honour the price you reserve it at, if you have the email that shows the booking price bring it with you, ask for manager if not luck with cashier.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

They have always honoured a reserve price.

No they haven't. They have honoured an awful lot of reserve prices but I've been refused on 3 occasions for reserved price. They were mistakes in pricing but on the the 3 occasions I got no phone call in advance, nor did I get the reserved price honored while others around the country managed to get theirs honoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Yawns wrote: »
    No they haven't. They have honoured an awful lot of reserve prices but I've been refused on 3 occasions for reserved price. They were mistakes in pricing but on the the 3 occasions I got no phone call in advance, nor did I get the reserved price honored while others around the country managed to get theirs honoured.

Checked on their "pay by card" machine first and yesterday's reserved at price came up so hassle free.

Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Mistake or glitches in price are at the discretion of the manager, for silly ones thy are not usually given, for price reductions that genuinely go back up in price, I have always gotten the reduced price.

Don't pay at the kiosk as the new price will come up, go to the customer service rep at the till and show them the reserved price, you will get the reduced price if that's what you ordered at,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

That's me wrong, ha ha

I did it and was overcharged, a pain and a half to get sorted,

Glad you got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Just picked up my Samsung s6 for 399 in Omni Santry..

Not a thing said to me at the tills.. I put my reservation in on sat.. Now the fun begins..

Thanks op for the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

Not a thing said to me at the tills.. I put my reservation in on sat.. Now the fun begins..

Thanks op for the spot

Did you do it at the self service or did you have to go to the checkout?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Thanks op for the spot

I still have a valid reservation number for Omni.....hummm!! And Tallaght too!

kingbob387 wrote: »
    Did you do it at the self service or did you have to go to the checkout?:eek:

Just went straight to the tills..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posts related to code requests have been deleted. These are not permitted in Bargain Alerts.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Guitar Hero Live €77.49

Good stock for the next gen versions:

Just the kind of price drop I was holding out for , thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

How suitable is this for younger kids. Mine is 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 prettylamp

3 for 2 on toys is back this Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

prettylamp wrote: »
    3 for 2 on toys is back this Friday

Can't imagine it will include computer games:(

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭JohnPPP

The s6 thing isn't working now, right?

JohnPPP wrote: »
    The s6 thing isn't working now, right?

Worked for me today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Wish I'd reserved S6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Has anyone got the s6 in Waterford or Jervis? Not looking for codes as have it reserved but does it still work and is there a self service kiosk in Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bluedoor27

The price has gone down to €139.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

bluedoor27 wrote: »
    Has been that price since the middle of August and out of stock in most stores all that time, now available in Sligo and Monaghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭Guffy

Price of what?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

gufc21 wrote: »
    Price of what?

Google nexus 7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,948 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Only 1 left in the whole country (Sligo) so they can drop it to whatever price they want to make themselves look good.

http://checkargos.com/?search=138/8381

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement