Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

not sure how reliable my source is, but just heard at the school gate that 3 for 2 on toys is back tomorrow!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,077 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

dm1979 wrote: »
    not sure how reliable my source is, but just heard at the school gate that 3 for 2 on toys is back tomorrow!!!!!

I got an email about it yesterday. They are also price matching toys so if you find it at a lower price somewhere Argos will match that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

It's definitely on tomorrow - but you can reserve today and get the discount tomorrow. (According to this ... http://irishdealsdaily.com/argos-3-for-2-on-all-toys/ )

• Registered Users Posts: 21 miss luce

Is it just for this weekend?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

miss luce wrote: »
    Is it just for this weekend?

Its until close of business next Tuesday the 10th of November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,144 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I think the 3 for 2 stuff is big enough for its own thread so I started one here

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

I think the 3 for 2 stuff is big enough for its own thread so I started one here
    thanks witnessmenow, i wasnt sure the info was correct so didnt want to devote a whole tread to it till i was sure!!!!

thanks witnessmenow, i wasnt sure the info was correct so didnt want to devote a whole tread to it till i was sure!!!!

I got an email from Argos about it yesterday so you are definitely correct! (sorry should have posted it myself but was busy at the time and then forgot about it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

What's included in the 3 for 2? I'm just about to reserve a couple of scooters for Xmas gifts, any chance they would be included in this deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 prettylamp

markc1184 wrote: »
    What's included in the 3 for 2? I'm just about to reserve a couple of scooters for Xmas gifts, any chance they would be included in this deal?

They will probably be included if classified as an outdoor "toy". Id reserve them now just in case and you can check online at midnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Not sure if its been posted but lego Jurassic world 3ds only 16.79,you can also get an extra game for 3e theres a choice on 4

street fighter 6.99
    Dead of alive 3.99
    rooms 3.99
    professor layton 18.99

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4347453.htm?cmpid=COJUN&storeId=10152&_%24ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A7708057&referredURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.argos.ie%2Fstatic%2FProduct%2FpartNumber%2F4347453.htm&referrer=COJUN

Ps vita version is also 16.79 but no other offers with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

According to the dailydeals website listed above, the following are excluded:
    Nursery monitors, Safety gates and high-chairs, Pushchairs and Car seats, Nursery and Christening gifts, Sleeping bags, Video games and consoles – eg Lego Infinity, Skylanders are NOT included, Clothing, Children’s and nursery furniture, Watches and clocks, Adult bikes, Beds and bedding, DVDs, Licensed homeware, Musical Instruments, Games Tables, Confectionery, Health & Beauty, Helmets, Drones & Segways

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bluedoor27

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Has been that price since the middle of August and out of stock in most stores all that time, now available in Sligo and Monaghan.
    It had been €149.99 up until Tuesday and then went down to €139.99 again. Managed to get 2 of them today in Tullamore. Hopefully it's a good tablet for the parents!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Wonder are the two for 20 included on this as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Pinkycharm wrote: »
    Wonder are the two for 20 included on this as well

You cannot combine promotions

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

32 gb micro SD card for €12 - not bargain of the century I'll grant you but relatively cheap, particularly for a "highstreet" shop I would have though!

Plenty of stock too http://checkargos.com/?search=3386312

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

murphm45 wrote:
    32 gb micro SD card for €12 - not bargain of the century I'll grant you but relatively cheap, particularly for a "highstreet" shop I would have though!

Appears to be Class 4, wouldn't be going near it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

johnf26 wrote: »
    Not sure if its been posted but lego Jurassic world 3ds only 16.79,you can also get an extra game for 3e theres a choice on 4

street fighter 6.99
    Dead of alive 3.99
    rooms 3.99
    professor layton 18.99

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4347453.htm?cmpid=COJUN&storeId=10152&_%24ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A7708057&referredURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.argos.ie%2Fstatic%2FProduct%2FpartNumber%2F4347453.htm&referrer=COJUN

Ps vita version is also 16.79 but no other offers with it

Seems to be out of stock in a lot of stores, mine included. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Appears to be Class 4, wouldn't be going near it myself

Absolutely avoid. Class10 is the standard these days, you will have trouble recording 1080p video on it I reckon. And you should be able to get a class 10 online for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

I picked these up this morning and they were indeed covered by the 3for2. I picked up some Lego Star Wars to complete the 3. No increases on prices that I have seen each item at over the last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Thank you Argos. 3 for 2 on Toys and I used the €10 voucher from the mispriced purchase of the Samsung S6. Score. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Has anyone got the S6 for €400 today?

We're currently experiencing a very high volume of visitors to our website

To ensure everyone can enjoy the best shopping experience, we’re limiting the number of additional visitors entering the site at the moment.
    We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please try again in a few minutes.
    Please note our busiest hours are normally 12pm - 2pm

To reserve items at your local store. Please call (01) 216 1616. See the catalogue for details and a list of store numbers

To order for home delivery, please call 1800 535091. Lines normally open between 8am-8pm, 7 days a week.

If you have a query about our website, stores, or an item you have checked & reserved, please contact Customer Services on 0044 845 640 2020 or email info@argos.ie.
    (Lines normally open between 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week).
    © Argos Limited 2012. All Rights Reserved.
    footerlogo.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

^^^^
    ?

degsie wrote: »
    ^^^^
    ?
    keep trying....i got there eventualy

• Registered Users Posts: 30,231 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Is it people trying to get toys for Christmas jamming it up?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Is it people trying to get toys for Christmas jamming it up?

Its people trying desperately to book 3-for-2 toys to be honest......
    I collected a shedload of Lego products yesterday at lunch- I was told the website was totally out when I was there (Liffey Valley)- however- that said- I could browse it on my phone.......

Re: the S6- I ordered it for Liffey Valley- with an expected delivery of Thurs/Fri- no txt showed up- and the reservation wasn't on the self-service machine- I'm guessing they wiped the orders......... Would have been polite to pop people an e-mail or a txt to that effect.

Hey guys,

I was working on some stuff that might help in the 3 for 2 madness.

1) Retry stock check on a single failed store

I noticed yesterday that a lot of stock checks were randomly failing, this was to do with Argos website having some trouble.

You'll now see a button appear beside the ? when a stock check fails on a product page, you can click that an it will attempt to check stock in just that store again.

2) Custom List

This one is a little more confusing and not really finished, but its working and might be useful!

I've created a page that where you can pass it a list of product ids and it will generate a list of them, then similar to the search result page you can check if all those products are in stock in a single store.

So take the following URL, it has 3 products on it

http://checkargos.com/list/3386312,4178402,1222540

I can choose Athlone from the drop down and check all items at the one time

ONFlslQ.png?1

So should be pretty useful for 3 for 2 or if a PS4 comes with a specific game or whatever.

Couple of reasons why this is confusing!

First is that I dont have a page for making the links yet (and I dont think I'll get to add it for a few days). so to make them you just add a list of productIds separated by commas like this checkargos.com/list/productId1,productId2 etc

Second, and this is really confusing, there are currently two versions of the site:
    checkargos.com (current version)
    and checkargos.com/home (new version)

This list feature is part of the new version. The new version is not quite ready yet, but I thought this feature might be useful to have now. They should look pretty much the exact same, the reason for the new version is a little complicated but basically its just to make it easier to maintain and add new features etc

if you see any issues with the new version please let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Its people trying desperately to book 3-for-2 toys to be honest......
    I collected a shedload of Lego products yesterday at lunch- I was told the website was totally out when I was there (Liffey Valley)- however- that said- I could browse it on my phone.......

Re: the S6- I ordered it for Liffey Valley- with an expected delivery of Thurs/Fri- no txt showed up- and the reservation wasn't on the self-service machine- I'm guessing they wiped the orders......... Would have been polite to pop people an e-mail or a txt to that effect.

I made a reservation last sat for the St and was expected in Tuesday. . I never got a text saying it arrived so I went to shop and it wasn't there on system that it be in on the Wednesday. . I went down on the Wednesday and it was there at 399.. so just chance it with your reservation number at the tills it might be still going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Stock not showing up for me when I type in branch and pick a category say toys?? Shows toys and price but not stock. On an iPhone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement