Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Lola18

Call of duty black ops 3 is only €45.99 for the xbox 360

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

I've created a page that where you can pass it a list of product ids and it will generate a list of them, then similar to the search result page you can check if all those products are in stock in a single store.

You legend! Great addition to the site - thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Lola18 wrote: »

€42 in Supervalu if you have one near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

SuperValu are good like that for big releases. Gonna pick up fall out when it's out. very likely for them to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

Lola18 wrote: »

Same for PS3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Managed to get 2 separate orders of S6 Pearl White's 32Gb honored @ 399.95 this evening. If someone is looking for one but failed to secure one- I'm making one available to the first person who can collect from Lucan village. Its sealed/unopened with its receipt (which is also its warranty) from this evening.

1 other person (probably a boardsies from this thread?) collected one also while I was there.

They have been taken off the self-check-out system- you have to go to a manned till- and the discount has to be ok'ed by a manager.

So- if you'd like one........

Edit: Thankyou for all the interest- the phone is in a happy new home- no more PM's please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I've got an S6 reserved in Tallaght, and it says €599 on the reservation docket. How do I go about getting it at the lower price?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

I've got an S6 reserved in Tallaght, and it says €599 on the reservation docket. How do I go about getting it at the lower price?

you cant...you needed a reservation at the lower price

Just turn up and see what they say at the till. If they say the lower price then quids in and if not its just a wasted journey. Worth a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭JohnPPP

Tried getting the s6 this morning and got told it wasn't 400e...they might have copped on :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

JohnPPP wrote: »
    Tried getting the s6 this morning and got told it wasn't 400e...they might have copped on :(

They did not COP on, they had a price error, several people reserved it at the reduced price, it's down to the manager to honour it,

End of,

It amazes me how many people jump on the band wagon when it's left the station!

Thanks again to witnessmenow for all the bargains I got, I am finished my Christmas shopping early for one, with great gifts at reduced prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JAKEYCAKEY

XBox One Fifa 16 bundle , you get Halo 5 and COD Black ops 3 free with it so all for 349.99 , saving € 122 . If these games are the too advanced you will get €100 cash for them in Cex or there is a trade in shop in Tallaght I got €100 cash and them bought Lego dimensions also on sale for €117 . So worked out I got Xbox One Fifa bundle and Lego dimensions Starer Pk For a grand total of €367 what a bargain . Offer ends on Tuesday 10/11/15 so be fast .

Hope as many people get this as possible great Xmas saving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    They did not COP on, they had a price error, several people reserved it at the reduced price, it's down to the manager to honour it,

End of,

It amazes me how many people jump on the band wagon when it's left the station
    So they haven't COPPED their pricing error?

I might ring them myself and let them know....fed up of the "is it still going?" posts at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I might ring them myself and let them know....fed up of the "is it still going?" posts at this stage.

Its down to people refusing to read the thread
    Don't waste your time ringing :)

So they haven't COPPED their pricing error?

If you read the thread therein lies the answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

End of,

It amazes me how many people jump on the band wagon when it's left the station!

Thanks again to witnessmenow for all the bargains I got, I am finished my Christmas shopping early for one, with great gifts at reduced prices!

The reservations showed the correct price but when people got to the stores to collect both the prepay kiosks and the tills were showing it at €200 less than the normal.

Apologies... Mine was for €400...

Thought or assumed they were all the same!

My bad! Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭JohnPPP

My bad! Sorry

Exactly. This isn't the usual error in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Pity it didn't last longer, 400 would have been a great price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,948 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Trying to reserve some things on the Argos website tonight and it's not working at all...

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭pah

My bad! Sorry

Are you saying that you reserved an s6 through the site and it came up as €400 on your browser??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Quazzie wrote: »
    Trying to reserve some things on the Argos website tonight and it's not working at all...

:mad:

Site went down in the UK for hours yesterday so maybe knock on from that/same issue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34762276

Regarding the S6. I popped into a nearby argos and typed the codes into the self service machines and it said "age restricted item, please see a member of staff" and they were in stock. Carlow store.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just gave up on trying to get stuff on the 3 for 2.Nothing seems to be in stock that I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mackey9387

The 9th of November there's a 32" Bush TV for €199

• Registered Users Posts: 43,888 ✭✭✭✭Basq

mackey9387 wrote: »
    The 9th of November there's a 32" Bush TV for €199
    This one?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4144986/Trail/searchtext%3EBUSH+TV.htm

Picked up a Full HD 32" Bush for €189 in Argos back in June... sound is only OK, but perfectly fine wall-mounted in bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Spotted a bargain late last night and there's still a few in stock round the country for those interested.

Sony PS4 and PS3 official wireless headset for €69.99

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2746269.htm

http://checkargos.com/?search=2746269

It's €15 lower than it's previous lowest of €85 last november.

Currently £49 on Amazon UK, but after Irish VAT and conversion, that works out at €70.37 as I type this :)

Anyway, enough babbling, I think it's a bargain, so I'm buying one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,085 ✭✭✭✭muffler

zerks wrote: »
    Just gave up on trying to get stuff on the 3 for 2.Nothing seems to be in stock that I need.
    My daughter has just booked the 3 for 2 on toys for her little fella. No probs with it. Letterkenny store btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭JDxtra

No problem picking up the Xbox One FIFA bundle with Call of Duty: Black Ops III and Halo 5 today for €349. Nice deal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement