Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

I thought it was only new versions now.

Edit: It's the AC pack and the pic shows the all matt black finish, bound to be the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

tallpaul wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is the new version of the PS4?

There was a deal a few weeks back and those who picked up the PS4 said it was the newer 1200 model they got, so more than likely it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

martyos121 wrote: »
    Excellent feature that will keep both us and Argos happy. Cheers! :)

I'm boycotting Argos until they unblock CheckArgos.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

foggy_lad wrote: »
    I'm boycotting Argos until they unblock CheckArgos.com

I can't understand why they wouldn't just implement themselves, it's an unbelievably useful feature

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

johnf26 wrote: »
    Ps4 500g + assasins creed+ uncharted+watchdogs only 319e

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4576011.htm

Do people think this is the best deal we are gonna get with Argos? If I went for this and a better one came along, would they do an exchange?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Tusky wrote: »
    Do people think this is the best deal we are gonna get with Argos? If I went for this and a better one came along, would they do an exchange?

It's one of the better ones your going to get, I'd pick this up myself only I plan on getting a 1TB model. The RRP is €350 so the fact your getting three free games, a €10 voucher and over €30 off the normal price you can't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

DubDJ wrote: »
    It's one of the better ones your going to get, I'd pick this up myself only I plan on getting a 1TB model. The RRP is €350 so the fact your getting three free games, a €10 voucher and over €30 off the normal price you can't go wrong.

FIVE free games actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

You'll actually get 90 euro for fallout 4 and Assassins Creed in CEX so 240 for a PS3 with Watchdogs sounds good to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,527 ✭✭✭brevity

I'd say the games included are probably just codes.

You'll actually get 90 euro for fallout 4 and Assassins Creed in CEX so 240 for a PS3 with Watchdogs sounds good to me :D

You can only get one or the other in this deal, can't get both.

Does anyone know for sure if all the games are codes or physical copies?

• Advertisement

You can get AC, Watchdogs and pay 14 euro for Fallout 4.

The Fallout 4 is a separate Argos code, so I assume that it at least is a physical copy.

Just can't find feckin' stock anywhere. Rang Letterkenny to try and track down stock, unfortunately the fella I got told me that there was no stock in and none in the warehouse so they were unlikely to ever have it in stock again. He then also informed me (I swear I'm not making this up) that they had a PS4 Mario bundle with Mario in the box! I'm guessing he's not a gamer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Watchdogs is a download code but Fallout and Assassins are boxed.
    You can add Fallout for 14 euro instead of Uncharted. Better deal IMO. Uncharted will be 20 euro soon enough.

Actually both might be boxed ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5i1GTKcoVc

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Guitar Hero Live now €77.49.

Lego Dimensions Starter Pack €84.99.....Feckin' paid €116.99 for it in Smyths the other day.

Watchdogs is a download code but Fallout and Assassins are boxed.
    You can add Fallout for 14 euro instead of Uncharted. Better deal IMO. Uncharted will be 20 euro soon enough.

Actually both might be boxed ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5i1GTKcoVc

Thanks. Final question - does anyone know if these PS4's are the new or old models?

Thanks. Final question - does anyone know if these PS4's are the new or old models?

The pic on the box of the PS4 AC bundle shows an all matt console, so fairly sure it's the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Just got this for my Peppa Addict from Santy! http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3956072/Trail/searchtext%3EPEPPA+PIG.htm
    The boat is nearly €30 by itself everywhere and priced the lighthouse today online for €55.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

zerks wrote: »

Lego Dimensions Starter Pack €84.99.....Feckin' paid €116.99 for it in Smyths the other day.

Cheaper on Amazon deal of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭prince20

Where did you see the Lego at that price? Can't see it on the Argos site. I'm looking for the Wii you version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

prince20 wrote: »
    Where did you see the Lego at that price? Can't see it on the Argos site. I'm looking for the Wii you version

Its the ps3 dimensions. I posted it earlier and picked it up.
    Extra figures are discounted on amazon,fr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 TheBlue

Galaxy S6 down to €489.95 now - today only.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

S%*@$ missed the Lego Dimensions Starter pack- its back up to 117.994
    Damn, damn, damn.......

S%*@$ missed the Lego Dimensions Starter pack- its back up to 117.994
    Damn, damn, damn.......

79.90 on amazon.fr plus postage for the ps3 edition.

74.90 for ps4

79.90 on amazon.fr plus postage for the ps3 edition.

74.90 for ps4

Cool- I didn't get charged for shipping either. Thankyou.

Cool- I didn't get charged for shipping either. Thankyou.

Your welcome. I'm sure I'll get to call in my free pass on your forums at some stage ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Are ARGOS price matching smyths ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

vicwatson wrote: »
    Are ARGOS price matching smyths ?

On toys, yes, provided the competitor has the item in stock

http://www.argos.ie/static/ArgosPromo3/includeName/toy-price-promise.htm&mvt=HP1_fsarea

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭projektzwoo

10inch Alba tablet, quad core, 16gb, android 5, comes with blue silicon case. 109.99 plus you get 10e voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

10inch Alba tablet, quad core, 16gb, android 5, comes with blue silicon case. 109.99 plus you get 10e voucher.

Anyone know if these are any good. I can't find a review or any more info to save my life.

• Advertisement

kendragon wrote: »
    Anyone know if these are any good. I can't find a review or any more info to save my life.

Screen dpi isn't the best- but you're getting a 1280x800 resolution.
    It has a quadcore processor- its a 1.3Ghz Mediatek jobbie- its cheap and cheerful- I wouldn't write home about it- but its definitely more powerful that a good smartphone from 3-4 years ago. Its got 1Gb of system RAM- which means you will constantly have to manually close apps- (its the one failing of Android- it doesn't close apps when you go back to the home screen- its nothing unusual to end up with loads of them running in the background).

Its cheap and cheerful- and doesn't pretend to be anything other than this. This is reflected in the price. Its cut corners- your forward facing camera is a 2Mp jobbie- the rear a 5Mp jobbie. The pictures from it are not the best. Ultimately you get what you pay for. If you're comparing this to a Samsung Galaxy, an iPad or even something as menial as an Asus Memopad- its sadly lacking.

The main selling point for this is the price- its remarkable that you can get a 10" tablet at this price point- however, the price is the reason to buy this- not the specs or the usability. If you intend to use this regularly for anything other than a little light web browsing or to play a few videos- don't bother- you're wasting your time.

Its aimed at kids- and using it is laggy- if you're used to a more powerful unit- notwithstanding its latest version of Android...........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement