Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭smallgarden

The nexus 7 pops up as back in stock in some stores sporadically

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭projektzwoo

The_Conductor what's alba's screen dpi? Can you compare it to Galaxy tab 2 10? I have tab2, but the screen is broken. Could replaced it myself but would end up paying round 70-100e for parts anyway because it needed new battery as well. Thinking about replacement now but don't want to spend too much. Would be Lenovo A10 better choice?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The_Conductor what's alba's screen dpi? Can you compare it to Galaxy tab 2 10? I have tab2, but the screen is broken. Could replaced it myself but would end up paying round 70-100e for parts anyway because it needed new battery as well. Thinking about replacement now but don't want to spend too much. Would be Lenovo A10 better choice?

I don't know the dpi- but it is 100% definitely blocky in comparison to a Galaxy tab 2.

Its a budget tablet- with a budget screen- you are not comparing like with like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

PS4 500GB on the Irish Argos ebay site for 306.98 delivered (299.99+6.99 P&P)

4 left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    PS4 500GB on the Irish Argos ebay site for 306.98 delivered (299.99+6.99 P&P)

4 left.

Thats a saving of just about €50 on the same consol from the shop itself (to save anyone having t check)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,144 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hey guys,

Checkargos should be live again now.

It has the new store selection feature so should greatly reduce the load on Argos. I have some other ideas to reduce the load further that I will be working on shortly.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was working on a new version of the site, well this is it! Sooner than I probably wanted to move to it, but there was no point adding the store selection to the old version.

Please let me know what you think of it or if you find any bugs!

The big difference is that it is no longer a single page app, meaning that browser will load pages as you click on a product etc.

Some new features are the:
    List creator - add product ids and generate a list that you can share or bookmark. Useful for combination deals like a console coming with free games etc. Find the link in the Nav bar.
    Link to Ebay site - I always found it kinda hard to find, so just added a link to it on the Nav bar up the top.

One thing to note, I have done some work on porting the clearance section across, but the clearance secitons are not on Argos' site at the moment so I can't test it, so I've removed the link for now. I'll add it back when they come back (feel free to remind me if you see they are back!)

As always, questions or suggests appreciated!

Thats a saving of just about €50 on the same consol from the shop itself (to save anyone having t check)

I think the best value at the moment is the Call of duty bundle with the free copy of fallout for €379, even if you want just the console both games should get you €50 each in CEX

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Reserved the S6 yesterday, went to collect but wouldn't let me have it. Price gone back up. Unusual as Argos are usually good at giving items at reserve price. Ah well, I'll just have to wait until the next reduction.

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Reserved the S6 yesterday, went to collect but wouldn't let me have it. Price gone back up. Unusual as Argos are usually good at giving items at reserve price. Ah well, I'll just have to wait until the next reduction.

That's Odd, I got a drill yesterday that I reserved Friday that went up in price. They looked up the price on their comouter , at first they didn't see it but I showed them the email and they took another look and realised they hadn't pressed page down or something. She was saying that people are making faking printouts and chancing their arm!

Well i knew the offer was for one day only but didn't realise that included collection too! My text said till Monday to collect. They said i was the 3rd one that day in store but all were refused. Should have asked to speak to manager maybe. Funnily enough, i don't think i recieved an email. Luckily I am still in 2 minds of upgrading my s4. Hoping for a better deal on Black Friday maybe....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Well i knew the offer was for one day only but didn't realise that included collection too! My text said till Monday to collect. They said i was the 3rd one that day in store but all were refused. Should have asked to speak to manager maybe. Funnily enough, i don't think i recieved an email. Luckily I am still in 2 minds of upgrading my s4. Hoping for a better deal on Black Friday maybe....

They are selling the s5 for €395

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭pah

they're probably still sick from the ones they sold for 399 last week :pac:

Was raging I missed that one too!!! Any alerts about future deals welcome here.

They are selling the s5 for €395

Nah.....think the S6 for 489 was a better deal.....for me anyway.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

S6 is in and around the 489 price on pixmania and other sites so wasn't an amazing price

S6 is in and around the 489 price on pixmania and other sites so wasn't an amazing price

I know, just the best I've seen in a bricks and mortar store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Bought the little WORX palm sander.

Compared to the old one I have. Its a little animal.

Nearly cheaper than a new set of pads for my old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Dublinmuppet

I reserved one yesterday as well for one of the kids xmas present. Picked it up today and yesterday's price was honoured for me

I reserved one yesterday as well for one of the kids xmas present. Picked it up today and yesterday's price was honoured for me

Ah feck! Which store? Was there any issue at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Wasn't sure how long CheckArgos would be down so I spent most of yesterday working on a chrome extension. Limited to checking stock in 2 stores, but shows the stock on the webpage without the need for any interaction.

Bit rough and not very well tested, but its up here if anyone wants to try it:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/argosie-automatic-stock-c/bjmonjlonbpfplgnbelanekconhcpgee

To select the stores to check:
    go to the webpage: chrome://extensions/

Click "Options" to be brought to a list of all Argos stores in Ireland

Click the checkboxes of the 2 stores you would like to check

Click save.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Dublinmuppet

Ah feck! Which store? Was there any issue at all?

Picked it up in Swords. Wouldn't allow me to use the self service till and when I got to the registers the girl said it was 629 so showed her the email and the manager came over and adjusted the price. No argument or hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Wasn't sure how long CheckArgos would be down so I spent most of yesterday working on a chrome extension. Limited to checking stock in 2 stores, but shows the stock on the webpage without the need for any interaction.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/argosie-automatic-stock-c/bjmonjlonbpfplgnbelanekconhcpgee

This is really great! Works fine and very quick for the couple of stores I am near. Nice one!
    Of course I'll have to ask about further features... :p Any chance of upping the limit to 3 stores if required (maybe as an additional option)? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Bought the little WORX palm sander.

Compared to the old one I have. Its a little animal.

Nearly cheaper than a new set of pads for my old one.

Reserved one yesterday - need to pick up yet - good to hear a good review.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Great work mate....big thanks to you and Witnessmenow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Here's a code for the Argos , Wexford store for the Assassins creed / Watchdogs bundle PS4 for €320.

. It needs to be collected today.

Actually...pm me as I don't want a load of ppl turning up and someone else got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

i have a reservation for S6 in Liffey Valley @ 489.95, expires today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Where are you seeing this as its showing 770 for me

edit, sorry you're talking Samsung S6 I presume.. I'm talking Apple S6

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Classic argos "was" prcing policy. Look at the price listed at the bottom of the ads, "previously on sale at €XXX" to get a better idea of the real level of discount.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭khamilto

ando wrote: »
    Where are you seeing this as its showing 770 for me

edit, sorry you're talking Samsung S6 I presume.. I'm talking Apple S6
    There is no Apple S6.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement