Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

dodzy wrote: »
    4 GAMES and the console for €334 so. I've never seen that......ever

Well its 320 with 2 games. Then add Fallout 4 for 14, and there's a second offer of free Uncharted collection too. It does seem the best deal I've seen too, if there's any stock anywhere and if they let you combine the two offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Which store and had they any left?

Can u tell me where ya got this and how I get it cause it's only coming up with different options of games?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭dan786

dan786 wrote: »
    Managed to pick up 500GB PS4 with AC Syndicate, Watchdogs, Uncharted Collection and Fallout 4 for a total of 324€ in my local Argos.

So here is how I got it:

Reserved the bundle and Fallout 4 separately. Had no interest in buying Uncharted.

Went to the till and gave her the reservation for console and told her I have another code for the game. She insisted I take the uncharted as its free with it. I took that and she gave me a 10e voucher.

She asked me to go to the customer services to get Fallout 4 for 14 as her system did not show that offer, which I did and used up my 10e voucher and paid 4e for it.

Total Paid: 324€

Basically I managed to get 2 offers instead of just one and it was a mistake on their behalf as the customer service rep never asked me if I got the other offer, she just looked up and checked if the offer was there and gave to me for 14.

The original rep thought it was part of one offer and not two and she never bothered to check. The CS rep never bothered to check if I got the uncharted offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Are all 4 physical copies in a box?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭dan786

penev10 wrote: »
    Are all 4 physical copies in a box?

All physical. 2 Inside and 2 Outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

dan786 wrote: »
    All physical. 2 Inside and 2 Outside.

CEX friendly so. Shame there's no stock near me.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

penev10 wrote: »
    CEX friendly so. Shame there's no stock near me.

Nothing near me either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Any sign of the new Dyson cordless vacuums dropping in price?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Deedsie wrote: »

I'll ring around for you tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Soarer

Yeah witnessmenow!

Where's the www.iwonderifargosaregoingtodropthepticeofthespecificitemimlookingforanytimesoon.com website?

You can't be living off checkargos forever like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 mot2000ie

Why would u pay that kinda price for "up to 20 minutes of running time"???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,997 ✭✭✭dodzy

Soarer wrote: »
    Yeah witnessmenow!

Where's the www.iwonderifargosaregoingtodropthepticeofthespecificitemimlookingforanytimesoon.com website?

You can't be living off checkargos forever like!

What dya mean, drop the 'ptice' ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

http://www.iwonderifargosaregoingtodropthepriceofthespecificitemimlookingforanytimesoon.com/

was taken

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Soarer

http://www.iwonderifargosaregoingtodropthepriceofthespecificitemimlookingforanytimesoon.com/

was taken

Screw ye hippies! It was early! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,947 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Was in collecting something in Argos today, and the girl serving me said today has been manic because there was a lot of misprices last night which people were cashing in on.

Anyone here find any?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

is this new? didnt work but have never seen Argos Ebay ROI listed on the stock checker before...

also when i go to the argos ebay.ie shop it seems to be the uk stock and wont ship to ireland :confused:
    does parcelmotel work for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Quazzie wrote: »
    Was in collecting something in Argos today, and the girl serving me said today has been manic because there was a lot of misprices last night which people were cashing in on.

Anyone here find any?

Would these not show pretty easy on Argos Scanner?

but if there is a price error like the Samsung S6 (if I remember correctly only showed up at the til) then those alerts would only be by word of mouth, or forum i would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Scruff wrote: »
    is this new? didnt work but have never seen Argos Ebay ROI listed on the stock checker before...

also when i go to the argos ebay.ie shop it seems to be the uk stock and wont ship to ireland :confused:

Its newish I think - http://stores.ebay.ie/argos-ireland?clk_rvr_id=932517936154&rmvSB=true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

seems to be the uk ebay store with prices in yoyos and a delivery charge to ship it from UK...possibly.

Some definite non bargains on there...
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/LG-Vodafone-G3-Mobile-Phone-Black-/111794372989
    Vs
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2782340.htm (if you could find stock)

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Would these not show pretty easy on Argos Scanner?

but if there is a price error like the Samsung S6 (if I remember correctly only showed up at the til) then those alerts would only be by word of mouth, or forum i would imagine.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Blasphemy :THERE ARE NO OTHER FORUMS :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,997 ✭✭✭dodzy

@witness,

I'm sure you've touched on it but I've been out of the loop and have not trawled back yet. Any reason why the national stock selection results is down to 10 pre-selected or am I missing something ?

Cheers for your ongoing efforts with it of course; its well appreciated by many ! :D

@witness,

I'm sure you've touched on it but I've been out of the loop and have not trawled back yet. Any reason why the national stock selection results is down to 10 pre-selected or am I missing something ?

Cheers for your ongoing efforts with it of course; its well appreciated by many ! :D

Basically it's to reduce the number of requests that are hitting Argos

I talk about it in some detail here & here

Ideally we wouldn't have had to make this change, but it seems like its necessary. I'm hoping the current setup strikes a balance between being useful and not causing too much load on Argos.

To be honest I could have just moved the old version to a new server and it would have started working again, but that was not a long term solution. With this change the amount of requests we send to Argos should be reduced by at least 75% (from 40 requests to a max of 10).

Scruff wrote: »

Its weird, you can do a stock check on it and it will tell you if its orderable on ebay, but never provides you a link. It will even go as far as letting you reserve it, but fails at the last page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Basically it's to reduce the number of requests that are hitting Argos

With this change the amount of requests we send to Argos should be reduced by at least 75% (from 40 requests to a max of 10).

Do you only check 1 store with each request? The code I used can check 2 stores at once, so I only have 1 request to check both stores:
    xhttp.open("POST", "http://www .argos .ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ISALTMStockAvailability", true);
    xhttp.setRequestHeader("Content-type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded");

var storesString = "&storeNo_1=45&storeNo_2=583"

var parameters = "partNumber_1=" + catalogueNumber + "&langId=111&storeId=10152&checkStock=true&backTo=product&otherStoreNo_1=4113&otherStoreNo_2=45&otherStoreNo_3=801&otherStoreNo_4=899&otherStoreNo_5=583&otherStoreNo_6=915&otherStoreNo_7=393&otherStoreNo_8=11&otherStoreNo_9=396&otherStoreNo_10=201&checkOtherStores=true&postCode=null" + storesString + "&authToken=null&viewTaskName=ISALTMAjaxResponseView";

xhttp.send(parameters);

Might cut it down another 50%?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

mot2000ie wrote: »
    Why would u pay that kinda price for "up to 20 minutes of running time"???

I have never vacuumed for anywhere near 20 minutes in one go. I had a previous Dyson and found it excellent.

Do you only check 1 store with each request? The code I used can check 2 stores at once, so I only have 1 request to check both stores:

Might cut it down another 50%?

So 4 years ago when I first made checkargos I did check by two stores at a time, and I stopped for some reason, and I can't remember why (I have this vague recollection of having some issues with it, but I really don't remember)

Funnily enough even though I moved from PHP to Node.js for the back end, I didnt change it, I just ported the regular expression over. I haven't changed the regex for stock checking in the 4 years ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

HKUD is reporting a 3 for 2 deal over the weekend. Dont know if its on here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mot2000ie

ya 3 for 2 on toys starts tomorrow for the weekend. Also xbox one 500gb bundle deal with fifa 16, rise of the tomb raider and star wars battlefront for €399.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

mot2000ie wrote: »
    ya 3 for 2 on toys starts tomorrow for the weekend. Also xbox one 500gb bundle deal with fifa 16, rise of the tomb raider and star wars battlefront for €399.99.

It is €369.99. Argos have been brilliant with the Xbox One bundles

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The_N4sir wrote: »
    It is €369.99. Argos have been brilliant with the Xbox One bundles

And currently still out of stock everywhere :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement