Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mot2000ie

The_N4sir wrote: »
    It is €369.99. Argos have been brilliant with the Xbox One bundles

Oh ya it is. That might change tomorrow cos on their ad on the window for tomorrow says €399.99. Their website hasn't updated yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mot2000ie

Aquos76 wrote: »
    And currently still out of stock everywhere :(

one in Limerick cruises st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Anybody know if the alba 8 inch tablet in black friday deals mentioned in other thread is any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 the1eyedsnake

Anybody know if the alba 8 inch tablet in black friday deals mentioned in other thread is any use?

Definitely Would Not buy, Avoid Alba at all costs .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If you accept that it is a budget tablet- with the lowest possible priced components- and don't try to compare it to a Samsung, Asus, Nexus- or other 'premium' tablet- and put a good gel case on it- it is fine for kids (I use website whitelists for Mac addresses of the devices the kids use- at the router- you will need to do something yourself).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's 70 euro, surely it'd do for light use for a parent?

RossieMan wrote: »

Honestly- I wouldn't. Its cheap for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

RossieMan wrote: »
    pay an extra 30 for the asus zenpad,decent entry level tablet

Sound advice. Have been waiting for price drops, very poor deals so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Soarer

Definitely Would Not buy, Avoid Alba at all costs .

He doesn't mean Jessica.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭garden

I've been keeping an eye out for the Lenovo Yoga 2 tab and Argos now have it cheapest I've seen it at E209 http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3224670/Trail/searchtext%3EYOGA+2.htm

for 10.1" tablet

Serious bit of kit that. I've the 32gb version which I got here a few months back direct from lenovo. I'd recommend it. Running lollipop no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭garden

brilliant to hear that - I really wouldn't know my stuff with tablets but seems to get great reviews. the Acer A3 is the same price but not in stock in my local store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

garden wrote: »
    I've been keeping an eye out for the Lenovo Yoga 2 tab and Argos now have it cheapest I've seen it at E209 http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3224670/Trail/searchtext%3EYOGA+2.htm

for 10.1" tablet

Saw a lenovo tablet in Argos today for 130 ish 10".
    Can't remember the model though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Seagate Expansion 5TB Desktop USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Black. 246/5629 €139

Sim Free KAZAM Tornado 348 phone - Black. 445/6629 €139

SanDisk Ultra microSDHC 64GB Memory Card with Adaptor. 339/2210 is back at €22.49

SanDisk Ultra 64GB High Speed USB 3.0 Flash Drive. 192/6200 for €26.99

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Dublinmuppet

Anyone know if the toshiba laptop that's part of their Black Friday deals is any good ref no 245/5914. Son is looking for a laptop to play some games off Steam and put You tube videos up. He is 9 so doesn't need it for work or homework

• Registered Users Posts: 9,997 ✭✭✭dodzy

Anyone know if the toshiba laptop that's part of their Black Friday deals is any good ref no 245/5914. Son is looking for a laptop to play some games off Steam and put You tube videos up. He is 9 so doesn't need it for work or homework

Unless you have someone living in Castlebar, I'd move along. Cants see one anywhere else :o

The processor in it overheats quite remarkably. Personally- I'd not care what the price is- I'd avoid.

The processor in it overheats quite remarkably. Personally- I'd not care what the price is- I'd avoid.

Have it reserved. Haven't a clue about laptops but would it do a 9 year old? He uses his iPad for most things but wants a laptop and I have to get a camera and microphone and an elgato as well so was trying to bring down costs

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

I think to entertain himself and his fellow classmates. They all think they are going to be the next YouTube sensation. These are all on the santy list so I'm trying to get the stuff but me and hubby haven't a clue. I just use my iPad for the daily mail website and I hate computer games

You do know you can record, edit and upload videos to YouTube directly from the PS4? There's no need for a laptop then!

• Advertisement

retweet wrote: »
    You do know you can record, edit and upload videos to YouTube directly from the PS4? There's no need for a laptop then!

He has done that with his brother but For whatever reason he is insisting santy brings this elgato thingy (hope I get the right one) and laptop. He does video diaries on his iPad all the time but he wants the laptop and a camera with it. Not sure if it's a web camera thing or a normal camera. He won't tell as he says Santy knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

He has done that with his brother but For whatever reason he is insisting santy brings this elgato thingy (hope I get the right one) and laptop. He does video diaries on his iPad all the time but he wants the laptop and a camera with it. Not sure if it's a web camera thing or a normal camera. He won't tell as he says Santy knows.

Ask over in Gaming Vids & Streaming about which Elgato to get...or Playstation maybe.

I see Amazon have a lighting sale on one at the min, 50mins to go. I wouldn't know much about them though.

Pricey yokes, wee lad is taking the piss outta santy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

He plays most things on Xbox one or PS4 or apps on his iPad.
    I'm ordering an elgato so he can capture his game play on the consoles but he wants a laptop to record his YouTube videos and a couple of games off Steam.

Holy crap, and he's still young enough for Santy??

Will you adopt me??

Pique wrote: »
    Holy crap, and he's still young enough for Santy??

Will you adopt me??

I will if you don't piss up the bathroom walls and if you can recommend a reasonably priced laptop

I see Amazon have aElgato-Capture-PlayStation-Definition-Recorder/dp/B0082J1YC on one at the min, 50mins to go. I wouldn't know much about them though.

Pricey yokes, wee lad is taking the piss outta santy.[/QUOTE]

Nice one. just bought one. Its 160 on the elgato.com site so I saved a few quid there. so just need a laptop camera and a microphone so no pressure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Have it reserved. Haven't a clue about laptops but would it do a 9 year old? He uses his iPad for most things but wants a laptop and I have to get a camera and microphone and an elgato as well so was trying to bring down costs

That laptop is utterly useless! Argos get most of them back. I have brought two back to them and know at least three others who brought them back. Slow and useless! Even has trouble playing the flash based games on Facebook and forget about it being able to handle Minecraft!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

"Insisting"?

I'm pretty sure I know what the "whatever reason" is....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    I am considering buying one of these

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2286341/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CGifts+and+hobbies%7C14417351/Trail/searchtext%3ELED+TREE.htm

Can anyone tell me if it's good value? Always used checkargos for price comparisons...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00KH1D9I2/ref=gbmh_mob_s-1_6867_f302c9f0?dealid=f302c9f0&pf_rd_p=540546867&pf_rd_s=slot-1&pf_rd_t=35801&pf_rd_i=23&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=088Q7WC0W8T0P50D95XM

This one is an upcoming deal on Amazon and will be 30% off at 12am. Not sure if that's a better deal than the one you posted. Think the one you posted is bigger. Said I'd post the link anyway incase you were still looking. (sorry I know this is Argos bargains not Amazon bargains :).)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sligo1 wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00KH1D9I2/ref=gbmh_mob_s-1_6867_f302c9f0?dealid=f302c9f0&pf_rd_p=540546867&pf_rd_s=slot-1&pf_rd_t=35801&pf_rd_i=23&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=088Q7WC0W8T0P50D95XM

This one is an upcoming deal on Amazon and will be 30% off at 12am. Not sure if that's a better deal than the one you posted. Think the one you posted is bigger. Said I'd post the link anyway incase you were still looking. (sorry I know this is Argos bargains not Amazon bargains :).)

Lidl have them at 29.99 on monday next 23rd nov. 3 yr guarantee! They are great got some last year.

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=32990

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

vicwatson wrote: »
    Lidl have them at 29.99 on monday next 23rd nov. 3 yr guarantee! They are great got some last year.

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=32990

That's a very good deal!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement