Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭stupid head

Great little pumps them ^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Great little pumps them ^^^

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7402443.htm

Would this be worth the extra ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

mtdelany wrote: »
    Foot pump for all the flat footballs lying around the house.

Stock everywhere (or can be ordered) €1.99

101-7402436SPA75UC951257X.jpg

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=102420
    A lot of terrible reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

eamonnq wrote: »

depends on if your outlook is "but its twice the price" or "its only an extra two quid"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭stupid head

Ah Yea, for the sake of a couple of euro get the double barrel.

It was posted ^^^ in the thread a few wks back.

It'l surprise ya how quick it gets things up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Ah Yea, for the sake of a couple of euro get the double barrel.

It was posted ^^^ in the thread a few wks back.

It'l surprise ya how quick it gets things up.

I disagree, the double barrel ones are far more flexible and far more lightly to break.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭mac1961

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

I was charged today 2.99 for this pump will have to go back for refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

eamonnq wrote: »

Thanks for that. Got the last one in Clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭lau1247

devil-80 wrote: »
    I was charged today 2.99 for this pump will have to go back for refund.

yeah just ask them to check the website

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

are you really going to go back for a euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭lau1247

are you really going to go back for a euro?

like someone said earlier, depends on if your outlook is "only a euro" or "two of that will get you another pump" :pac:

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Why not if ill be passing? if they have it for 1.99 on website shuld stick this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭nitros7

Living 50 Litre Roll Top Bullet Kitchen Bin - Black. at Argos.ie - €8.99

Plenty of Stock around

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=904%2F7703

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

nitros7 wrote: »
    Living 50 Litre Roll Top Bullet Kitchen Bin - Black. at Argos.ie - €8.99

Plenty of Stock around

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=904%2F7703

Went to pick this up today and its a Curver Bullet Bin rather than the Living argos own brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

dulpit wrote: »
    Picked up a pair of these, thanks for the post. I sort of washed my old set, they were making weird crackling noises, and when I walked there was an annoying noise if the wire brushed off clothes.

These sonys seem (after about 40 minutes of use) quite good for the price, weird shape though!

Someone suggested to me that earphones stored a long time might have a coating build up on the plug that cause cause cracking. You an clean the plug and it might fix it.

Noise of clothes rubbing is micro phonics. People try different things to avoid that.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=Microphonics+Earphones&oq=Microphonics+Earphones&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.8203j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

So…..

I had to go to argos in Ashbourne this evening to pick up something very small. Was waiting a few mins for collection of same and as I was there typed in our good friend 109/1678 and lo and behold…..1 left. :eek::D:)

Picked it up as I couldn't walk away from that, though not 100% sure if I'll keep it yet.

Proves the checkargos.com site (though useful) is at best a guide, rather than 100% accurate. Bottom line, if you're near an argos, it's most definitely worth checking to see if they have any more left. This example plus the ilac centre example last weekend proves as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

So…..

I had to go to argos in Ashbourne this evening to pick up something very small. Was waiting a few mins for collection of same and as I was there typed in our good friend 109/1678 and lo and behold…..1 left. :eek::D:)

Picked it up as I couldn't walk away from that, though not 100% sure if I'll keep it yet.

Proves the checkargos.com site (though useful) is at best a guide, rather than 100% accurate. Bottom line, if you're near an argos, it's most definitely worth checking to see if they have any more left. This example plus the ilac centre example last weekend proves as much.

Nice one ! You lucky f####r !!
    You should do the lotto !
    Ps. If you're not keeping it I'll give it a good home ;-)

cathalj wrote: »
    Nice one ! You lucky f####r !!
    You should do the lotto !
    Ps. If you're not keeping it I'll give it a good home ;-)

Bizarrely, I actually did the lotto before I bought it in an adjacent petrol station……..

It was pure fluke, if they had been efficient in getting the small garden item for me I'd have been in and out and wouldn't even have looked. So as I said, keep looking folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

il take it if you dont want it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Bizarrely, I actually did the lotto before I bought it in an adjacent petrol station……..

It was pure fluke, if they had been efficient in getting the small garden item for me I'd have been in and out and wouldn't even have looked. So as I said, keep looking folks!

Applegreen Ashbourne had a Lotto Jackpot winner so you might be on a lucky streak!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

Not sure its perfect though

293895.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

You'll have to buy an extra bed for downstairs if you go ahead with that one

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anyone seen any decent big tvs lately? Doesnt have to be smart or 3D just good screen...

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭mac1961

Thargor wrote: »
    Anyone seen any decent big tvs lately? Doesnt have to be smart or 3D just good screen...

Could try Harvey Normans they often have deals on TV's.

Thargor wrote: »

Or richersounds - friends of boards.ie and they have a forum here:
    http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1105

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I have a code for Super Luigi U on Wii U for Dundrum if anyone wants it?

Reduced to €24.99

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

So…..

Just a BTW, CheckArgos is only as accurate as Argos.ie online stock checker. Basically CheckArgos works as if you went to product page and manually checked each store. In the case of the TV it must have been removed from the site so it wasn't able to check.

But at the same time this is proof that some stock could still be floating around of bargains, always worth a punt!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Green Canvas Wardrobe €6.99 link

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement