Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's got integrated graphics, will play them but won't be a good experience. You won't get any better for less than 600 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jamesieliz wrote: »
    hi , does anyone know if this is the latest PS4 ?

Sony PS4 Console with Uncharted - 500GB. 453/2842

It's available in Argos for 319.99 , but the 'new' PS4 , without any added games , is 349.99 , below ?

Sony PS4 Console with 500GB Hard Drive. 122/2540

i have no idea about these games , but am buying one for young fella for xmas and don't want to get the older model ?

thanks

If he's only young then go for this bundle and get Skylanders Superchargers with it. http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4629054/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/c_2/3|19780877|PS4|37328275/c_3/4|cat_37328275|PS4+consoles|37328622.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

It's available in Argos for 319.99 , but the 'new' PS4 , without any added games , is 349.99 , below ?

i have no idea about these games , but am buying one for young fella for xmas and don't want to get the older model ?

thanks

To the best of my knowledge all the PS4s in Argos are the newer model

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Dublinmuppet

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's got integrated graphics, will play them but won't be a good experience. You won't get any better for less than 600 though.

Thanks for that. I had a different Toshiba one reserved on Friday and it got slated here so really appreciate your opinion as I would not have a clue. That's about max I want to pay as I have already bought an Elgato for 120 and still need to buy camera and microphone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Thanks for that. I had a different Toshiba one reserved on Friday and it got slated here so really appreciate your opinion as I would not have a clue. That's about max I want to pay as I have already bought an Elgato for 120 and still need to buy camera and microphone

If you have no qualms about refurbs, (and I wouldn't have, tbh) then you might have some joy here. Decent prices, but I know nothing about gaming laptops.
    http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/st/refurbished-gaming-laptops

I bought my own laptop from them a couple of years ago. No concerns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Pique wrote: »
    If you have no qualms about refurbs, (and I wouldn't have, tbh) then you might have some joy here. Decent prices, but I know nothing about gaming laptops.
    http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/st/refurbished-gaming-laptops

I bought my own laptop from them a couple of years ago. No concerns.

From a Security point of view, I wouldn't touch a refurb.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Doge

From a Security point of view, I wouldn't touch a refurb.

Why so? You could always reformat the drive.

Very strange reason not to have a refurb. I'm be more afraid that it was a floor model or left on in an office 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Guys, weather you'd buy a refurb laptop or not has nothing to do with Argos.... can we please get back on topic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

thanks

This is the new CUH1200 model PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Can anyone tell me how is lenavo ideapad laptop, reduced to 419? Sorry cant post link

It was for 1 day only so you're out of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

I think i can get similar price on amazon? But its the older version? Is it a good laptop? I need it for internet and college only.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

I received that 10 euro gift voucher there other day after buying the nexus 9, which I adore BTW!! I can't think of anything I need or want with it, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,947 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Dard23 wrote: »
    I received that 10 euro gift voucher there other day after buying the nexus 9, which I adore BTW!! I can't think of anything I need or want with it, any suggestions?

Buy something to donate to charity? There are plenty of people this time of the year who would love a toy to give to their child, but can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

Good call

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4397829/Trail/searchtext>BLACK+FRIDAY+DEALS+OF+THE+DAY.htm

Canon EOS 1200D 330 Euro 439/7829

• Registered Users Posts: 9,997 ✭✭✭dodzy

Claregirl wrote: »
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4397829/Trail/searchtext>BLACK+FRIDAY+DEALS+OF+THE+DAY.htm

For the lazy:

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=4397829&authToken=#tab3

Take the €30 cashback into account, and you bag it for €299.

Grey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Does anyone know if the above mentioned Canon would be a good starter DSLR? Had been looking at some for the other half for Xmas. This reduction will swing it if worthwhile. Thanks for posting.

markc1184 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the above mentioned Canon would be a good starter DSLR? Had been looking at some for the other half for Xmas. This reduction will swing it if worthwhile. Thanks for posting.
    I got the Nikon 3200 last year from Argos at a really good price. Entry level DSLR and very happy with it. The Eos offering is pitched at the same end of the market and at less than €300, it's a good starter camera, for sure. You'll obviously need a mem card and case to compliment the camera but they're cheap enough.

Just to note: the cashback comes in the form of a prepaid VISA card with a 1yr expiry date.

Plus you'll get a tenner Argos giftcard too !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

dodzy wrote: »
    I got the Nikon 3200 last year from Argos at a really good price. Entry level DSLR and very happy with it. The Eos offering is pitched at the same end of the market and at less than €300, it's a good starter camera, for sure. You'll obviously need a mem card and case to compliment the camera but they're cheap enough.

Just to note: the cashback comes in the form of a prepaid VISA card with a 1yr expiry date.

Plus you'll get a tenner Argos giftcard too !

Where can you spend the prepaid Visa?

Are the giftcards not gone since last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

Add it into your Paypal account and use it online?

Online. As you will not have a 4 digit PIN, you are out of look with local retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Prepaid Visa can be used anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

dodzy wrote: »
    Online. As you will not have a 4 digit PIN, you are out of look with local retailers.

You will be able to use it, If not a chip and pin card you will need to sign for the transaction. Same as you do now with some shopping center that use the prepay mastercards as gift cards.

Cheers, I was't sure if it was in some way tied to Argos/Canon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Canon's cashback is to bank accounts now, just applied for mine this morning for a camera I bought, they asked for BIC/IBAN...

Claregirl wrote: »

The Canon camera is a bit cheaper up the north. £220, or just over €310.
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4397829.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The Canon camera is a bit cheaper up the north. £220, or just over €310.
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4397829.htm

Works out at €321 using Visa's own exchange rate. Hardly worth it unless you live near the border...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement